The LG Optimus One Thread

mohityadavx

Youngling
Cyanogenmod 9.

Thanks a lot Sam

In instruction it says
Code:
Partition sdcard: swap-size: 64MB, Ext2-size: 300MB, Continue partitioning, SD:ext2 to ext3

Well I could go in Advanced and Debugging Menu select “Partition SD Card” in recovery and set swap size and ext size but

there is no option for 300mb there for ext
and what does he imply by continue partitioning
how change ext2 to ext3

PS - I am using Clockwork Mod Recovery version 5.xx

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@mohityadavx: As discussed in IRC, I hope doubt are clear.

@Sam: "TINYLIGHT"!

"You will have 13MB free space on system after installed rom+gapps"
What does this exactly mean? :confused:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam: "TINYLIGHT"!

"You will have 13MB free space on system after installed rom+gapps"
What does this exactly mean? :confused:

i don't know. i have been stripping useless apps/files off all CM9 rom i have tested since quite sometime.

system have less than 2-3MB space usually but if you flash rom and gapps then maybe the extra folder is dumped into sd card so you have that 13MB of free space.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
i don't know. i have been stripping useless apps/files off all CM9 rom i have tested since quite sometime.

system have less than 2-3MB space usually but if you flash rom and gapps then maybe the extra folder is dumped into sd card so you have that 13MB of free space.

I still didn't get it.
Are you talking about internal memory? IIRC, when I installed CHARGEME I hadn't have any such shortage of internal memory! :-?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I still didn't get it.
Are you talking about internal memory? IIRC, when I installed CHARGEME I hadn't have any such shortage of internal memory! :-?

some members complained about play store crash or so. was due to lack of internal memory if i remember correctly.

gmg9

in the kaya
wanna try cm9 by hephappy. bt confused with the sd card partition. hav 8gb card. i wanna part da card like this...
ext4 = 1.2gb
swap = 512mb
fat32 = rest

is it ok ?

and also as i am on miks 6.5.7 with old BB, should i first flash new BB based rom (here cm9) and then reboot and flash new BB? can anyone plz tell steps? i knw, bt wanna be sure, dnt want to brick da phone :)

and when should i flsh gapps ??

thx..

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
and also as i am on miks 6.5.7 with old BB, should i first flash new BB based rom (here cm9) and then reboot and flash new BB? can anyone plz tell steps? i knw, bt wanna be sure, dnt want to brick da phone :)

i guess you already know the steps. just remember to turn off LGE Modem from device manager else mobile may get stuck and process won't complete. And yes, keep backup of the IMEI file that will be created. You never know when you need it.

flash rom. reboot. flash gapps.

gmg9

in the kaya
i guess you already know the steps.

yes, i knw da steps. and also saw how hephappy described da steps. bt jst want to confirm from u guys, cause u actually flashed da cm9.

just remember to turn off LGE Modem from device manager else mobile may get stuck and process won't complete. And yes, keep backup of the IMEI file that will be created. You never know when you need it.

thx man. will remember dat too.

flash rom. reboot. flash gapps.

all right.

but one thing still not cleard. how i partition da card. will i follow my way or hephappy way ? how u guys did? do u use link2sd or s2e ??

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
wanna try cm9 by hephappy. bt confused with the sd card partition. hav 8gb card. i wanna part da card like this...
ext4 = 1.2gb
swap = 512mb
fat32 = rest

is it ok ?

thx..

512 MB Swap? What good does that do?

All these months, I was using CM9 with ZERO swap... even though 64 MB is recommended. Only recently I reformatted the SD card to create that swap size... and reduced EXT4 from 1 GB to 768 MB, because it just does not fill up. I have a ton of apps... and less than 400 MB is full...

Also, actually, using EXT3 now instead of EXT4... I hear it is actually supported by Hephappy's ROM instead of EXT4. Although I never faced any issues with EXT4 either, and it felt slightly faster...

but one thing still not cleard. how i partition da card. will i follow my way or hephappy way ? how u guys did? do u use link2sd or s2e ??

I use Link2SD... It is excellent...

My current partition setup is... 8 GB class 4 card - 768 MB EXT3, 64 MB Swap, rest is FAT32 or whatever is the default...

gmg9

in the kaya
512 MB Swap? What good does that do?

All these months, I was using CM9 with ZERO swap... even though 64 MB is recommended. Only recently I reformatted the SD card to create that swap size... and reduced EXT4 from 1 GB to 768 MB, because it just does not fill up. I have a ton of apps... and less than 400 MB is full...

Also, actually, using EXT3 now instead of EXT4... I hear it is actually supported by Hephappy's ROM instead of EXT4. Although I never faced any issues with EXT4 either, and it felt slightly faster...

I use Link2SD... It is excellent...

My current partition setup is... 8 GB class 4 card - 768 MB EXT3, 64 MB Swap, rest is FAT32 or whatever is the default...

thx a ton to clear my doubts so informative way.
ext3 or ext4 which recommended ? though instruction by hephappy shows ext3...

now facing confusion with flashing new BB.

the xda "flashing new BB" last step says "Let it do the job. It will backup your IMEI and MACs to .NV2 file, reboot your phone to emergency mode, flash recovery, reboot and restore the NV2 backup. "

so my q is dat, will the LGMDP also flash new recovery?? do i hav to insert the amonra recovery image in da LGMDP unzipped folder ??
i am already using amonra recovery ...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
no. it'll simply change baseband nothing else. and yes simply plug in & start the process. no need to enter emergency mode or so.

gmg9

in the kaya
no. it'll simply change baseband nothing else. and yes simply plug in & start the process. no need to enter emergency mode or so.

ok..thx :)

thses r the steps i will follow. hope its ok..

1. boot into recovery (amon_ra)
2. format and partition sd-card
3. Enable USB-MS toggle: Copy ROM and GAPPS zips
4. Disable USB-MS
5. Flash new baseband (v20g)
6. boot into recovery
7. full wipe including system/ (except sd-card)
8. flash rom and reboot to recovery
9. flash gapps
10. reboot and install link2sd or s2e

alright ??

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ yeah, that is fine. Just remember that during step 5, means while updating baseband, don't do anything unless the phone is rebooted two times. Until you get notified by the lg software that updation is successful let it do the job which usually takes not more than few minutes.

gmg9

in the kaya
^^ yeah, that is fine. Just remember that during step 5, means while updating baseband, don't do anything unless the phone is rebooted two times. Until you get notified by the lg software that updation is successful let it do the job which usually takes not more than few minutes.

thx man. will remember that.

Step mentioned in xda "updating to new BB"

- Browse to the folder where you unpacked the 7z and run LGMDP-v1.5.exe
- Click Download in menu
- Select Port
- Choose your phone, click Connect
- Click Image Folder button, browse to the directory where you unpacked this
- Click OK about 3 times on the warnings

- Do NOT mess with anything else. Leave everything else as is.
- Close the window
- Click Download button
- Let it do the job. It will backup your IMEI and MACs to .NV2 file, reboot your phone to emergency mode, flash recovery, reboot and restore the NV2 backup.

** r these steps wat u guys hav followed?? why i hav to "click image folder" ??

** gapps dl page says this *goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip " -Revert GoogleBackupTransport to 20120317 version. " wats this ??

** did u guys remove the extra things from the rom zip folder ??

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
** r these steps wat u guys hav followed?? why i hav to "click image folder" ??

** gapps dl page says this Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip " -Revert GoogleBackupTransport to 20120317 version. " wats this ??

** did u guys remove the extra things from the rom zip folder ??

Image folder icon refers to a button in that LG software.

That is the zip to flash gapps. Ignore what's written ahead.

And I think you can remove extra things from the ROM zip, but better not to do anything, since you can mess up the zip in the process.

gmg9

in the kaya
thx ...

[ URGENT ] trying to flash new BB.

1. instead of 3 warning got 2 warning.
2. first time while flashing, before da last step connection lost and shoed this msg
" error! can't open serial port (reboot and reconnect) "
3. so tried 2nd time..
4. again got 2 warning instead of 3..
5. everything went well. NV restores progress whoed and finished... but after this its showing " the mobile reported the following error while writing NV items"
with OK and CANCEL button.
see this pic *i50.tinypic.com/bi6ot5.jpg

wat to do guys ??

@vyom @sam @androidfan and others..

after waiting almose 20min ....

update: i click da OK button , and its says "Download complete" and phone rebooted.. hope everything will be fine..

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ yes you are on new BB now. now flash the rom & then gapps.

And I think you can remove extra things from the ROM zip, but better not to do anything, since you can mess up the zip in the process.

extra folder = things that one can remove
and this is specially for you:
*i.imgur.com/X4Vns.jpg
rom + gapps = 90MB (from 150MB)
*i.imgur.com/m2Jn8.jpg
more than half the apps are gone :grin:

gmg9

in the kaya
^^ yes you are on new BB now. now flash the rom & then gapps.

extra folder = things that one can remove
and this is specially for you:
*i.imgur.com/X4Vns.jpg
rom + gapps = 90MB (from 150MB)
*i.imgur.com/m2Jn8.jpg
more than half the apps are gone :grin:

ok..thx..
but hey how did u reduced the rom n gapps size. plz share the things dat u removed.. @sam

Top Bottom