The LG Optimus One Thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If Arc launcher is the cause of battery drain, I can live with it. It's damn good! :D
Btw, the list of Applications under settings, doesn't show Arc launcher. It rather shows these two apps which I think can be related to the launcher/theme : LunarUi and Ice Cream Sandwich (yes, there is an application named this, with size of just 4 KB. Wondering what it does on my Gingerbread).

Also, I don't think there is any question of losing default status, the apps just stops to show. For eg, when I moved both the "Swype" and "Perfect Keyboard free" to card, I couldn't select ANY keyboard for writing. Thereby leaving the option of loosing default status out of the question.
(I hope I have able to explain clearly. :|)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
If Arc launcher is the cause of battery drain, I can live with it. It's damn good! :D

looks great. but sadly, that it.

Btw, the list of Applications under settings, doesn't show Arc launcher. It rather shows these two apps which I think can be related to the launcher/theme : LunarUi and Ice Cream Sandwich (yes, there is an application named this, with size of just 4 KB. Wondering what it does on my Gingerbread).

LunarUI = the bluish theme of the status bar and all.
ICS? hmmm, it shouldn't be but i feel its the launcher. or some part of ICS. wallpaper?

Also, I don't think there is any question of losing default status, the apps just stops to show. For eg, when I moved both the "Swype" and "Perfect Keyboard free" to card, I couldn't select ANY keyboard for writing. Thereby leaving the option of loosing default status out of the question.
(I hope I have able to explain clearly. :|)

if you select swype as default keyboard and move it to external memory, next time you try typing you'll be presented with the stock keyboard. but you can again long press a blank space and select Swype but that is loosing default.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I am on CM 7 31 Nightly... Its awesome...

*www.imgur.com/Fgott.jpg

if you select swype as default keyboard and move it to external memory, next time you try typing you'll be presented with the stock keyboard. but you can again long press a blank space and select Swype but that is loosing default.

Actually, all keyboards have to remain in phone memory. Also, all apps for which you use widgets also have to be in phone memory rather than SD Card.

y2karthik

Broken In
I am on nightly 30,the main problem was huge battery drain can't even last for 14hrs,seen suggestion of Pablo's kernel,any other kernel/suggestion to improve battery life and don't suggest usual tips like bg off,min brightness,etc.

This 14 hrs was with some texts,45min of calls,some music and games,no 2g/3g,wifi............

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Actually, all keyboards have to remain in phone memory. Also, all apps for which you use widgets also have to be in phone memory rather than SD Card.

can't keyboard be selected if moved to external memory? i once did it with swype long ago. can't remember what happened.
yup. once moved widgets are no longer available. Google should fix this issues in the next update. maybe cause of security risk they are not implementing the same.

finally some nice backup.
*i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g367/kaushiksam/Screenshot_2012-02-18-22-02-44.png

Neo

^^ how did you manage 2 days?? that's simply impossible for me. :eek::screwy::what:
How? was the data off all the time?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Something's telling me that a good signal almost all the time, has got to do with battery life a lot, since a lot of battery is consumed while the phone keeps looking for better signals.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ how did you manage 2 days?? that's simply impossible for me. :eek::screwy::what:
How? was the data off all the time?

data was off all time. but used music a lot & Wifi. when using wifi there was steep drops. with data on, even 24hrs is impossible.

^^ Something's telling me that a good signal almost all the time, has got to do with battery life a lot, since a lot of battery is consumed while the phone keeps looking for better signals.

thats true. if signal is good, battery backup improves quite a bit.

X-jo

Broken In
ok so GPRS doesnt work for me since yest, usually wen that happens i reboot my fone.. now after doing that too, it doesnt work.. so if i just flash the ROM again without wiping any data, it sud be fine rite?

X-jo

Broken In
^^yep. You can do that. Nothing will happen. But how will you expect the data to work after that?

yup no luck, i thot it would reset the counters or so... so wat now? it still doesnt show up..

i remember yesterday it showed G for a min or so, till now it was showing E... i use GPRS only and only 2G is activated... and then it just went.. cant enable data now...

wat do i do ?

thanks in advance

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Try two things...
1. Put the phone in to Airplane Mode for few sec and revert back. And then turn on data. (This trick works for me 90% of time)

2. Reboot the phone.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Then talk to the customer care and confirm if data plan is activated or not.
Something similar happened to me a whole ago. I activated the gprs plan and used the internet for a day. At night suddenly it stopped working. The next day customer care told me that they need to re enable the plan. And after that it started working.

Neo

Guys I'm buying a 8GB MemorY Card today or tomorrow. How is this and this one. Thay are damn cheap!
Which one will you suggest?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Guys I'm buying a 8GB MemorY Card today or tomorrow. How is this and this one. Thay are damn cheap!
Which one will you suggest?

That is Rs 360+ when you include shipping costs...

A cheaper option is for Rs 330 Shipped -- Flipkart.com: Transcend Memory Card MicroSDHC 8GB Class 4: Memory Card

But I would suggest go for a Class 10 card if possible -- Flipkart.com: Transcend Memory Card MicroSDHC 8GB Class 10: Memory Card

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Difference is of speed. Class four gives speeds of not lower than 4 mbps. And class six gives speeds not less than 6 mbps. And so on...

Top Bottom