The LG Optimus One Thread

kaz

right here
wait wait wait i have the foryo dictionary.....on gingerbread....

u need a rooted phone....

and install the apk n keep the edictionary folder in sd card and copy a .lib file to the system library

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ which library file needs to be copied? any won't do, will it? :p

Cyanogenmod 9 BETA 3 RELEASED

downloading. really was waiting for this since a long time :razz: full HW acceleration. wonder how will be the battery drain.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Lol.. Btw, I always thought that hardware acceleration is disabled out of choice and not because of the possibility.
Anyway, really want to see what can be achieved from hardware acceleration!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ Lol.. Btw, I always thought that hardware acceleration is disabled out of choice and not because of the possibility.
Anyway, really want to see what can be achieved from hardware acceleration!!

gingerbread support HWAcc but partially.

Wasn't that working before also?

was working but partially like in browser only maybe. now even in menu, settings, everywhere the GPU is used. this may on the other hand affect battery backup.

Neo

gingerbread support HWAcc but partially.

was working but partially like in browser only maybe. now even in menu, settings, everywhere the GPU is used. this may on the other hand affect battery backup.

Battery was already pathetic, but won't affect much. Cheers.

kaz

right here
Copy "libDioDictEngineNative.so" into the phone
Root -> System -> lib folder
Use Root Explorer

i am unable to upload that file

Neo

Beta 3 is so silky - smooth.
Bugs:some settings not implemented, Live Walpaper, youtube,speech, and of course camera.

;-) ;-) ;-) Silky smoothhh ....yeahhh lol.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Found an awesome thing about PerfectPeso (the ROM I am currently on).
Looks like this ROM has native support to move any app to card! Yes, I was able to move every app that I previously couldn't on card. Even apps such as, LunarUi (Launcher) and Swype. Of course, I did ran into problems since those were not meant to be moved. (like unable to access Battery stats and unable to type). So I moved those back.

BUT the point is I CAN move the "unmovable" apps natively!! :D

Btw.. here's what the battery life is, during the period I moved to WP7 and my O1 wasn't even used on 2G! ;)

*i.imgur.com/31SAm.png

Looks like the biggest battery drainer is display..! :|

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
why is your battery drain so high at times? i mean some really steep slide. with such less use you should have got around 3days battery. 2 days is also not bad.

BTW if you move apps to memory card it'll loose default status. i feel there is some kind of script integrated into the OS. thats why you are able to do this. you have EXT2, EXT3 or EXT4 partition in your memorycard?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
why is your battery drain so high at times? i mean some really steep slide.

That's what I was wondering. And I came to a conclusion that display draws too much power. And normally the brightness is set to lowest value (unless I am under sun).

BTW if you move apps to memory card it'll loose default status. i feel there is some kind of script integrated into the OS. thats why you are able to do this. you have EXT2, EXT3 or EXT4 partition in your memorycard?

I am not sure what you mean by loosing default status. I have moved the launcher to card and returned to phone. But all the state of icons on home screen didn't lost, if that's what you mean.

And yes, my card has a 128 MB ext3 partition. So you mean, the apps must be moving to ext partition?

So, I did a test, and moved the biggest app which I just downloaded (Drift Mania, 25 MB) to phone and back to card. And I noticed that the difference in size pertained to the card's left size, which is 1.70 GB now.
So can I draw the following conclusion: Apps were not moving to the ext partition? :/

Neo

I am not sure what you mean by loosing default status. I have moved the launcher to card and returned to phone. But all the state of icons on home screen didn't lost, if that's what you mean.
I think he means that if you have set a launcher as default , then after moving to SD card it won't be your default launcher.

And yes, my card has a 128 MB ext3 partition. So you mean, the apps must be moving to ext partition?

So, I did a test, and moved the biggest app which I just downloaded (Drift Mania, 25 MB) to phone and back to card. And I noticed that the difference in size pertained to the card's left size, which is 1.70 GB now.
So can I draw the following conclusion: Apps were not moving to the ext partition? :/
I don't think your apps are going to the ext.
Moving Apps to SD Card and to EXT partrition are different. AFAIK there is a button somewhere for moving apps to an ext partition.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
That's what I was wondering. And I came to a conclusion that display draws too much power. And normally the brightness is set to lowest value (unless I am under sun).

poor signal is one reason. secondly, the launcher used in the PerfectPeso rom is Arc launcher (is it?). if yes, then its the second reason.

I think he means that if you have set a launcher as default , then after moving to SD card it won't be your default launcher.

this :smile:

if you apps didn't loose default, then yes. it has moved to ext.

Top Bottom