The LG Optimus One Thread

Aditya11

Journeyman
Move over LG O1, and welcome the new ACE in the mid-range Android Market, aptly named, Samsung Galaxy ACE (S5830).

Best Android Phones: February 2011 (Phones between Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 15,000)

Till a few days, the LG Optimus P500 was the undisputed champion of value for money phones for people who want more quality than what the el-cheapo Andros offer. That was until Samsung launched the most tempting mid-range Android phone - the Galaxy Ace S5830 - for just a shade under Rs. 15,000.

While the Optimus P500 is still a decent buy for Rs. 12,500, let us tell you why investing Rs. 2,500 more to buy the Galaxy Ace will repay you aplenty. First -- the screen is bigger at 3.5 inches -- imagine the iPhone's screen size. Second, it comes with a higher resolution 5 megapixel autofocus camera with an LED flash (the P500 doesn't have one). Although both the P500 and the Ace run the same type of processor, the Ace gets a speed bump of 200 MHz which brings the clock speed to 800 MHz.

The Galaxy Ace too runs Android 2.2 out of the box. At a price of Rs. 14,990, it is a tempting buy and gets the upper hand in this spot.

Not to mention, look-wise ACE is much MUCH better than O1. :razz:

pratik385

In the zone
Dude, many people are complaining about this device on gsmarena
It has following disadvantage which give wide off

1. RAM - guys over there saying that it has 256 mb ram only and UI becomes sluggish due to it.

2. Battery life - this is major draw back for this phone people are getting back up in hrs only and could stretch upto a day only.

3. Resolution - Bigger Screen :/ not my cup of tea, btw reso is low according to specs.

4. No Gingerbread - Uptill now. . .

5. Finger print Magnet - Glossy finish

6. No Flash - Then why 3.5 screen damn x(

7. No headphones and pooch - yeah, many people didnt get that in the box, wtf

And Advantages

1. Processor - 800 mhz, just overclocked

2. Camera and flash - Point accepted

3. Bigger screen - 3.5 inch but resolution is same.

4. Brand name - Samsung

and of coarse it will be having few more advantages, but it has disadvantages in main areas, this cell could be a bomb if few tweaks are done 8)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
point 4 & 5 are not so important. can't expect a 15k mobile to sport gingerbread. it is possible but still it just 15k (only?). also most like some flashy mobile. only later they complain about its magnetic properties.

but 1, 2, 6 should have been taken care of. after all you are paying 15k (not 10-11k, which still is lot).

gatsri

Right off the assembly line
Now I am sure LG will release another model to compete samsung... The race never ends... for .... 14.9k 5 mega pixcel cam + flash + 800Mhz is awesome! Lets wait for more reviews

PoisonReverse

The Galaxy Ace and LG O1 are in two completely different price brackets. The O1 is being sold now at 11200-11300 on sites like ebay from reputed sellers, and that includes the bill and everything else. That's closer to the 10000 bracket, and anyone who is willing to shell 9k for the Galaxy Pop I'm sure wouldn't mind putting a little more to get a much better phone
The Ace at 15000 almost falls in the 15000-20000 bracket. I don't think you can consider a phone @15k a budget phone. And I've checked out gsmarena on this phone too. And yeah there seems to be complaints on its battery life and call volume. Plus you'd think Samsung would give a 3.5 inch phone better resolution than 320*480. And knowing Samsung, they aren't going to provide a gingerbread update for the phone too.
For my 2 cents, LG O1 is still the best budget phone out there...

Last edited:

k4ce

Youngling
oh man ... this is supposed to be an LG P500 thread ... why litter with Samsung stuff ...

Eventually you will have better fones at the price point ... This is not a "All Hail Optimus One: Greatest fone on earth" thread .. this is just a thread for Optimus One owners and prospective buyers to discuss about the phone ... So I do not understand why Galaxy 3 and Galaxy Pop keep popping up ...

My $0.02 ...

guru_urug

iGoogle
ok guys...this is lil off-topic. I own an O1, and would recommend it to anyone buying a budget android phone without a doubt.
But my uncle wants to buy a new phone now...under 13k.
His requirements are...
physical keyboard-he has thick fingers
good call quality and build
good camera
office capabilty
no brand preference as such

so O1 is out of the picture...
Pls suggest at the earliest
what about galaxy 551

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
ok guys...this is lil off-topic. I own an O1, and would recommend it to anyone buying a budget android phone without a doubt.
His requirements are...
good camera
office capabilty

what about galaxy 551

I think Nokia E5 would suit well for your uncle.

PoisonReverse

His requirements are...
good camera
office capabilty

what about galaxy 551

Samsung Galaxy 551 if you're looking for an Android based phone.
Else check out Nokia, they've got some good qwerty models in the E series. Plus Nokia's build quality is great.

yomanabhi

Journeyman
I heard from my friend (who owns this lg optimus one) told me that it doesn't have good battery life, Its battery drain out in very short period of .
Is that true?.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if he was a proud owner of Nokia before getting optimus one, ignore his complains. or ask him buy Galaxy Ace. his complains about bad battery life will double surely.

k4ce

Youngling
@yomanabhi .. it would be better if you could tell how long his battery lasts ... and what he does with it ...

i get about 1.5 days (38~40 hours) on one charge ... i have wifi on all the time ... cos i need my push mail ... maybe bout 1.5 hours of calls ... 30msgs ... 2 hours of music ... and 15-20mins of youtube ...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I heard from my friend (who owns this lg optimus one) told me that it doesn't have good battery life, Its battery drain out in very short period of .
Is that true?.

yes and no. if you keep the phone connected in internet, the battery drain is fast and it's not just android, it's any smartphone.

Top Bottom