The LG Optimus One Thread

kaz

right here
^^ LG had provided 2 basebands for our Optimus One . (don't know why) And now There are some ROMs for the old baseband and some for the new one. we need to change baseband to get data and signal work on the ROM.

CM9 has many bugs.

got that :)
but how sam is getting perfect signals....where as mine is green for a very less time....network reception is really a problem....this was not before...sometimes it also looses network and data connections rarely.. :(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
but how sam is getting perfect signals....where as mine is green for a very less time....network reception is really a problem....this was not before...sometimes it also looses network and data connections rarely.. :(

no idea. you may reflash your current rom.

@sam u said that its already the new baseband on v20c

is there any bug in cm9 ????

lots. camera doesn't work. force close on some apps. many settings are not implemented.

what is nv2 backup?

a backup of baseband. it stores your IMEI no so that if you mess up your mobile, it can be restored later.

how can we boot in emergency mode ???

you can't. if you use kdz updater or LG flash tool, it auto boots into emergency mode. or maybe if you try fastboot.

How can we expect ARMv7 apps to work on O1??
Lol. :banghead::D:D:D

didn't know it was for ARM v7 only.

kaz

right here
then why are you using cm9

and yes I will flash v20c once again..

I downloaded one from mediafire..its corrupted..will download the kdz one today

and i read some where that to boot into emergency hold volume up+back+power

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, I am a little far behind of you guys who are installing new baseband and all... so please dont mind! :p

So I upgraded to Gingerbread (through PerfectPeso ROM) and not quite liked that much at first sight. But now that I have spend a few days with it, I understand it's not that bad.
Some things which I liked about GB is:
1. Lock Screen: Its pleasing to the eye and provides a variety of custom types of them.
2. Transparent Menus.
3. Ability to categorize apps in a folder on home screen.
4. In-built over clocking mechanism. I will be experimenting with it! ;)

There are some stuff that I liked in Froyo better. So here is the list of some of them. If anyone knows how to solve any of these please suggest how to!
1. The line on the top of home screen which represents the battery status. It gives me an impression that there is something wrong with the LCD screen.
2. The black color of status bar. I hope it can be changed easily.
3. The absence of Data button on the top of pull down menu bar.
4. FM Player needs to switch on the Bluetooth service. Can’t understand why!
5. Apps on the menu need to be scrolled horizontally. I liked the drawer style better.
6. Absence of little A,B,C,D on the side of contact list, that used to help a lot while scrolling through the contact. All I get now is a thumb scroller!

Apart from these since last night I am unable to browse internet on phone. Even thought the “Data enabled” setting is marked checked. There’s no ‘E’ symbol which used to come on top. Now able to understand what happened suddenly!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
then why are you using cm9

cause i like eating Icecream :grin:
mainly cause things that i need, works. things i don't care about either works or don't. also ICS is smooth but it lags at times.

and yes I will flash v20c once again..

better take it to LG service center & do it. you may very likely brick your mobile even if you follow the steps correctly.

There are some stuff that I liked in Froyo better. So here is the list of some of them. If anyone knows how to solve any of these please suggest how to!
1. The line on the top of home screen which represents the battery status. It gives me an impression that there is something wrong with the LCD screen.
means? battery icon appears as a line? there is setting to change it back
2. The black color of status bar. I hope it can be changed easily.
you may flash transparent statusbar tweak, if its compatible with CM7.2
3. The absence of Data button on the top of pull down menu bar.
:facepalm: check in CM settings. in Interface if i remember correctly.
4. FM Player needs to switch on the Bluetooth service. Can’t understand why!
FM & bluetooth both are based on same chip. so turn one & the other gets tuned on.
5. Apps on the menu need to be scrolled horizontally. I liked the drawer style better.
]maybe this is not possible. still check in settings. there should be something
6. Absence of little A,B,C,D on the side of contact list, that used to help a lot while scrolling through the contact. All I get now is a thumb scroller!
you may need to install some other contact app
Apart from these since last night I am unable to browse internet on phone. Even thought the “Data enabled” setting is marked checked. There’s no ‘E’ symbol which used to come on top. Now able to understand what happened suddenly!
restart mobile. if this doesn't solve, turn on 3G & turn it off once the "H" symbol appears or after a minute

replies in green :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
means? battery icon appears as a line? there is setting to change it back

means this:
*i.imgur.com/3gZ1p.png Zommed: *i.imgur.com/rVNyY.png

Btw, I couldn't find any setting to remove that line. Although I can live with it.

Other UI problems solved through the settings. And I got to tell, there are hell lot of customization options!! Satisfied me to the core! :D
FM & bluetooth both are based on same chip. so turn one & the other gets tuned on.

That's weird! Are you sure? But, it didn't use to start on stock ROM? :confused:
restart mobile. if this doesn't solve, turn on 3G & turn it off once the "H" symbol appears or after a minute

I fondled with the 2G and 3G toggle buttons, in vain. But I noticed something. Once I turn 3G on, network towers goes zero. And once I return to 2G, it comes back. Still unable to browse Internet.
Also I was unable to find a setting like, “Factory Reset” or something, so that I can try it once. Looks like flashing the ROM again will be only possible resolution attempt.

Last edited:

kaz

right here
cause i like eating Icecream :grin:
mainly cause things that i need, works. things i don't care about either works or don't. also ICS is smooth but it lags at times.

better take it to LG service center & do it. you may very likely brick your mobile even if you follow the steps correctly.

why will I get that bricked ?
and I am also planning to install custom rom
I am downloading the latest cm CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution added today.. what do u say about this one ?

Where can i get other cm roms?

Can you help me with overclocking?

Neo

^^LGMDP can brick you.
For the ROM, thats Official CM7. It Is the best for new baseband. You can get other CM ROMs on XDA.
What help you want with overclocking? CM7 has inbuilt settings for changing CPU frequencies. On other ROMs you can use SetCPU app from market.

kaz

right here
^^LGMDP can brick you.

What help you want with overclocking? CM7 has inbuilt settings for changing CPU frequencies. On other ROMs you can use SetCPU app from market.

i have already used SET CPU

but i couldnt see ant overclocking thing there ....

please help me for that stock rom flashing....

how can i do that?

does nandroid backup has roms backed too ?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
for new baseband i have not tested anything other than CM9. deleted all old baseband rom & kernels.

nice to know your mobile successfully passed though the death zone. welcome to new baseband club ;-)

now the waiting part starts. will new baseband really make a difference.

I am very happy to announce... that upgrading the baseband had a DRAMATIC improvement in call reception and clarity... I am shocked how LG could ship so many phones with defective baseband...

Today, all calls were clear. I did not have to run to the window to answer any calls... ;)

KDZ updater is more well known by the name "KDZ Bricker"... No one uses it unless it is the last resort to revive bricked phones...

If your phone is working well, just go through the normal route and flash a custom ROM...

I am downloading the latest cm CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution added today.. what do u say about this one ?

Where can i get other cm roms?

Can you help me with overclocking?

Here is the link to one of the latest CM7 ROMs--- [ROM][10JAN] CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-KANG [.32][.35][BothBasebands] - xda-developers

I flashed N2 CM7 ROM yesterday which is for new basebands... There are a few bugs... Most irritating is the lockscreen wake bug. I have to try multiple times to make the lockscreen show up. The only solution is to use a Live Wallpaper, which drains battery and lags the phone...

But it is fast...You might like it...

Cheers!

Neo

i have already used SET CPU

please help me for that stock rom flashing....

how can i do that?

does nandroid backup has roms backed too ?

Set CPU has the options for overclocking. Maybe you are using the wrong app. Our you can also use Voltage Control
Yes nandroid backups have everything including ROM.

kaz

right here
KDZ updater is more well known by the name "KDZ Bricker"... No one uses it unless it is the last resort to revive bricked phones...

If your phone is working well, just go through the normal route and flash a custom ROM...

thanks for the link:razz:

how can i flash the v20c.kdz.. downloading completed just now..can it be done through recovery ?

have downloaded three roms now :)

will try all tonight :)

Set CPU has the options for overclocking. Maybe you are using the wrong app. Our you can also use Voltage Control
Yes nandroid backups have everything including ROM.

thanks once again bro :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
means this:
*i.imgur.com/3gZ1p.png

yes. so you want the battery icon as a whole? ask AndroidFan. he has CM7.2 & so can better guide you.But, AFAIK this setting was available in Oxygen, maybe in CM7 this is not implemented.

Zommed: *i.imgur.com/rVNyY.png

:???:

Other UI problems solved through the settings. And I got to tell, there are hell lot of customization options!! Satisfied me to the core! :D

yup. there are quite a bit of settings to play with.

That's weird! Are you sure? But, it didn't use to start on stock ROM? :confused:

101% sure.

stock rom = drivers straight from IC manufacturer & so can control the chip in a better way.
custom rom = generic driver (remember yesterday LFC_Fan said this) and so you are left with a strangely acting piece of electronic we call mobile :p

I fondled with the 2G and 3G toggle buttons, in vain. But I noticed something. Once I turn 3G on, network towers goes zero. And once I return to 2G, it comes back. Still unable to browse Internet.
Also I was unable to find a setting like, “Factory Reset” or something, so that I can try it once. Looks like flashing the ROM again will be only possible resolution attempt.

in my case this helps. if for some reason data is not getting enabled i turn on 3G & turn it off and data can be enabled.

factory reset? Custom recovery > wipe > Wipe everything (factory restore)
but why try factory restore? why not upgrade baseband & flash the nightly builds.

if you are ready to install why why take risk playing with KDZ again?

maybe stockrom doesn't allow overclocking. or it does?

I am very happy to announce... that upgrading the baseband had a DRAMATIC improvement in call reception and clarity... I am shocked how LG could ship so many phones with defective baseband...

cause LG enjoys kicking its own a**.

Today, all calls were clear. I did not have to run to the window to answer any calls... ;)

:lol: battery backup too may increase.

KDZ updater is more well known by the name "KDZ Bricker"...

Brick Maker :mrgreen:

No one uses it unless it is the last resort to revive bricked phones...

or the opposite to claim some sort of insurance policy :p

I flashed N2 CM7 ROM yesterday which is for new basebands... There are a few bugs... Most irritating is the lockscreen wake bug. I have to try multiple times to make the lockscreen show up. The only solution is to use a Live Wallpaper, which drains battery and lags the phone...

strangely i faced blackscreen bug a long time back. try flashing this kernel. ta-gb-1.1. using this since 2-3days. i don't know if this will solve the bug as ICS doesn't suffer from any normal bug (cause its full of other problems :p )

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

I was talking about the thin green line as a battery indicator, which you can see above the home screen. Looks like it can't be removed. Although I can live with it.

Btw, an update to my no-internet-on-phone problem. I tried flashing the ROM to the nandroid which I took before the problem started to occur. But still no internet. So I registered a complaint to customer care, since it seems like a server error.

Also, I tried TWRP 2 to attempt re-flash of my original Stock ROM. But this damn thing didn't even identified the backup which I took with TWRP 1. Also TWRP 2 recovery works on touch rather than physical keys, so is more susceptible to wrong selection. I accidently flashed Oxygen ROM due to this. But flashed back.

Flashing ROM is second nature now!! Doesn't look like I will stop anytime sooner!
Will also try the ROM posted by kaz: CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-KANG. Since it's for both basebands!! :D

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
strangely i faced blackscreen bug a long time back. try flashing this kernel. ta-gb-1.1. using this since 2-3days. i don't know if this will solve the bug as ICS doesn't suffer from any normal bug (cause its full of other problems :p )

This looks awesome... Thanks for the link... Flashed it now...

I was talking about the thin green line as a battery indicator, which you can see above the home screen. Looks like it can't be removed. Although I can live with it.

CM7 gives you 3 options for your battery...

*imgur.com/KTggL.jpg

Go to Settings >> CyanogenMod settings >> Interface >> Status Bar Tweaks >> Battery Status Style...

Cheers!

Neo

Which is the best cloud storage App? Is it Dropbox or Box ?

Also what are I/O Schedulers?? Which one is best?

Sam, i think you have to update the OP with new things.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
box: 50Gb data but no pc app.
dropbox: less data but pc app. create 2-3 dropbox account ;-)

for schedulers it depends. i use BFS. i doubt our mobiles will show much difference if shifting from cfs to bfs.

yes, will update OP but doubt anyone checks it.

Top Bottom