The Last Of Us

heidi2521

Padawan
say what you want to clearly... please.

I'm saying that Naughty Dog was bullshitting us at E3 and implying that most of the reviewers bought into the hype and also mocking the comments saying that Polygon don't know how to play the game/ are microsoft shills because they didn't say "OMG 10/10. BEST GAME EVAR".

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Not dumb, dumbed down. They didn't do anything that Naughty Dog claimed they would.

The final game's AI is dumb, isn't it? That's what matters. IDK if it was dumbed down or anything, but the final product is ACM's level. That isn't 10/10 worthy, I guess the story overshadowed it.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Its fine alright, I've only been hearing good things about the AI. Sure it probably has glitches, and thanks to the internet things get overblown in a minute. No game is without glitches, and when you have a game as complicated as LoU, you'd obviously face those things.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Its fine alright, I've only been hearing good things about the AI. Sure it probably has glitches, and thanks to the internet things get overblown in a minute. No game is without glitches, and when you have a game as complicated as LoU, you'd obviously face those things.

Just like MoS, eh? :p I'm fine with it. But obviously not 10/10.

cyborg47

Technomancer
I have no idea, didn't play the game. Although I've only been hearing good things about the game, not on the internet, but from the people I know.
And isn't it stupid, to think that a company will come out and say "Our AI is not revolutionary, it has glitches, just ignore them"? Its a commercial product, surely there are going to be some lies here and there in the marketing, duh!

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
tbh Naughty Dog's games are more about the story and cinematic experience rather than the game play. :p Some people might not really like them.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Exactly. No major issues with AI here. People playing the game are the testament to the fact.
Did i mention sales?? :p Naughtydog has nailed it this time.

Literally teaching other devs a thing or two on how to revolutionize game development incorporating powerful story telling elements and strong interactive gameplay. :)

Except Hideo Kojima and fumito ueda, most jap devs have a lot to learn from these guys. :p

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I have no idea, didn't play the game. Although I've only been hearing good things about the game, not on the internet, but from the people I know.
And isn't it stupid, to think that a company will come out and say "Our AI is not revolutionary, it has glitches, just ignore them"? Its a commercial product, surely there are going to be some lies here and there in the marketing, duh!

:+1:

anyway, dead5 you have already told us you hate ND and its cinematic games. why bring up the topic again. and its not because i really love ND [i really love ND], but coz you are spoiling the fine thread. if you are irritated with the games dumb AI, you have the ND forums. go dig in there. ping the devs tell them how you and Polygon and that MS shill-whateva think the AI logic is ****. maybe you can even tell them how to do it properly.

you are not even posting you own thoughts. you are just posting what you found in the interwebs, coz this thing of dumbing the AI down sure aint posted by you.

wait, did you even play the game before posting the comments??

that goes out to Extreme Gamer too, for you are always defending dead5. justifying his comments. [offtopic] what are you guys, brothers??

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Cliffy B? Talented fellow, but way too arrogant and a douche.

Yeah, rightly said. He's wayyy too arrogant but quite talented. Gears would be a good example.
His ideas has been solid all along. ND are simply taking things to a different level.

Aren't working like 1980's and always looking ahead. They are not among the list of devs who like to be recognized for past laurels.
Shown great temperament in this regard.

what are you guys, brothers??

You guessed that right! :p

cyborg47

Technomancer
I got excited to play the game as soon as I heard the introduction and premise of the game. All I hear is praise, can't wait to play it :D

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
yes im rude to fanboys like you.. you dont say anything about me, you dont know me.

So you have no reason to be rude. I'm not a fanboy.

If I was a fanboy, where is my Wii U and where is my 3DS? I have comprehensively explained many times before how the Wii U at launch wasn't a console for me because it didn't have what I wanted. Now when Nintendo has announced some great games, and because of Sony's online policies (yes I don't want my credit card to be charged every month or every annum), all I stated was that I might pick up the Wii U because it seems to be the lesser of the three evils even with it's region locking after the games start coming out.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Ah crap..there you go, overly responsible mods :|

The thing that Dead5, Extreme Gamer, and reviewers from Polygon should know, not every game is for everyone. Reviews are opinion, but it doesn't mean you force them on your reviews, instead judge them by the game's own merit. Why bash the cinematics/story when its super clear that the game isn't for you.
My brother is an F1 fan, plays F1 games all the time, doesn't mean I go call the game boring, monotonous and complain that the game's handling is too sensitive and not catering my tastes right? that would be one stupid thing to do, which is exactly what Dead5 was saying. It's not criticism, its just your opinion, you don't like Cinematic gameplay then move on, why waste time with them? The best thing to do, is knock on your head, and tell yourself "Hey fcktard, the game isn't for you" :D
I'm no fan of uncharted, don't even want to play it, coz I don't find it interesting, as simple as that :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom