the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Prongs298

In the zone
i want to revert my AMD 6770 drivers to the default versions (that means either 12.6 or 12.10), can someone please shed some light on the correct sequence and procedure for doing so?

i am no newbie but after trying to update to 13.9 for NFS rivals i am unable to revert back to either 12.6 or 12.10. i am doing this because 13.9 is giving me random BSODs during startup or switching.

1. The Win 7 drivers don't work. I have tried multiple versions. Only SP59407 drivers from HP work
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59407.exe

These drivers are fully compatible with Windows 8 and 8.1. However you need a clean Windows 8/8.1 install to install. If you already are using Win 8/8.1 with partially working drivers, installing this driver might not solve issues. Clean install will work flawlessly though (tried and tested)

2. Dynamic or Fixed mode was not available in 6017tx. I manually switch gfx by Rt click on Desktop > Configure Switchable Graphics

3. SP59407 is unstable. However installing Catalyst 12.10 ( *www2.ati.com/Drivers/mobile/12-10_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql_net4.exe ) after installing sp59407 solves the bugs. On its own 59407 crashes frequently and might give BSOD while switching. The 59407 + Catalyst 12.10 reference driver combo is fairly stable.

BF3 keeps crashing after 15-20 minutes gameplay. I googled for error and found other gfx cards also facing same issue. I stopped playing so no idea if EA has released a bugfix for the game.

Installation instructions

1. Clean install Windows 8 / 8.1 ( do not use upgrade option while installing or install over existing Win 8 drivers)
2. Install SP59407 ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59407.exe
3. Install 12.10 reference drivers *www2.ati.com/Drivers/mobile/12-10_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql_net4.exe

PS. all driver links are for 64-bit OS only

something like this.

guys i am having a very peculiar problem. its related to the type of AA used by the CCC. the game which is giving me problems is FIFA 14.

it used to work perfectly with MULTI sampling.

but after the fiasco that is NFS rivals asking me to update to at least 13.6, and then my downgrading. it wont work properly with multi sampling and gives weird glitches on player head.

while super sampling fixes it the gpu usage remains at 80-90%.

the thing is it worked perfectly in ADAPTIVE MULTI SAMPLING before.

now i am on the first drivers that hp provided.

driver packaging version - 8.83.6.1-110315a-115441C-HP

AMD-Driver-06.jpg

this middle setting seems to have no effect but previously it used to work.

Last edited:

piyus_h

Broken In
i own a hp dv6121 tx ... i have a genuine windows 8.1 installed on my system. But recently i am facing some random BSOD with different error msg. ( like "kmode_exception_not_handled , bad_pool_header , IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, interrupt_exception_not_handled) . I also get flickering (some random colours) on screen while the windows boot . The problem persist only during initial few reboots like 3 to 5 times . after that the laptop runs fine. but once i shutdown the laptop and start it again after say 2 to 3 hours the problem is back.... screen flickers .... random BSODS and freezing. After 3 to 4 times of restart everything is fine. Please help me get the right drivers of display (both intel 3000 and amd 6770m) for windows 8.1 if you are using it.

Prongs298

In the zone
go to recovery manager if you have it or use leshcats 12.10 ones. it has both the intel and amd ones.

Catalyst 12.10 WHQL UnifL for AMD+Intel Graphics ← leshcatlabs.net

but if you can use the recovery manager use that.

and if these do not solve your problem then use both driver sweeper and driver fusion to clean up the drivers after uninstalling and then either use the recovery manager or the leshcat drivers.

piyus_h

Broken In
Well i would like to share the update of my laptop. I recently went back to win 7 prof. 64 bit . Since i thought the prob was due to win 8.1 driver incompatibility with system.

But even after installing i get same bsods and freezes only when i start the laptop after long hour of shut down.the flickering of screen, bsod with error code 0x0000003B and freezing take place same time. I am sharing the pics of my display how it looks like. Kindly help me resolve this issue .

* [url=*imgur.com/WzPqz2z]imgur: the simple image sharer
imgur: the simple image sharer
*imgur.com/K3DRM3r[/URL]

Bsod winsys32 and 0x0000003b are the only 2 error which comes

Bsod , feeezing, screen flickering only take place after long hour of shut down like say 2 to 3 hours of shut down and then if i start i face the prob.

After 4 to 6 restarts with error the pc runs fine for long duration with NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!!. It takes about 10 to 15 min.i have to keep restarting again nd again untill things work fine for me. Is it coz of cold ??? I have also done service of my laptop yesterday and checked the lcd cable which seems to be tight enough... no loose contacts. Tested my both RAM module by memtest86 which was 10 hour long and got no errors.... can any one tell me what can be possible reason....

EDIT (UPDATE)
i fixed the issue after 3 days long diagnosis. it was my RAM that was faulty and reason behind the problem. Sorted it out only, when i manually tested two of my RAM by testing them one at a time and got the error in the corssair RAM of 4gb and to my surprise hynix( HP Default) RAM was working fine. i also tested the Faulty RAM on my friends lappy for my satisfaction and found that there was no display when i used that RAM. Past few days was a hell of a time for me figuring out the cause behind this wierd behaviour of my laptop.

i Have ordered this RAM *www.flipkart.com/corsair-ddr3-4-gb...=b_4&ref=2963369b-5b03-4481-b198-d12628c36ed7

i hope it will work on my laptop....

Last edited:

piyus_h

Broken In
Can anyone tell how much fps u get while playing Assassin's Creed Liberation HD on AMD 6770 m radeon card. I am getting something around 9 to 12 fps while playing . all settings high . I am on win 8.1 pro.

Also after applying thermal paste coolermaster v1 (imgur: the simple image sharer) and playing above game for 2hours the max temp i got was 65 for my GPU and 76 for overall system .. here is the SS Screenshot by Lightshot.

rssh

Right off the assembly line
Guy I haven't really been following this thread since I bought my laptop in 2011 and there are some issues (though minor is damn irritating).

I bought extended care pack in August 2013 and I have replaced my motherboard (ati graphic was burnt otherwise laptop was functioning well) and touchpad buttons.

I always know OE OS has lots of bloat-ware so I did fresh install (3 times in 3 years :D). Now I have upgraded to 8GB ram and everything works fine but the problem is software.

My graphic software CCC is still the one from HP with latest bios and the problem is that new games cannot be played they have excellent FPS and the stutter like crazy. I tried LESHCAT software and though they are better but I frequently got BSOD and I tried different version still the system isn't stable (please tell me a stable version ?)

Older games play really well (like F1 2011 /F1 2012 /GRID )w/o stutter [80 degree max temp] but new games from CODEMASTER stutter like hell after every 5 secs but they give good benchmarks (F1 2013 /GRID 2) [also 80 degree max]. Also I tried to update games and I thought that the problem is with games so I have done every trick on the net to help but the only thing I cannot update is GRAPHIC's. Can anyone give me some pointer to what else the problem can be ?

Also I know what thermal throttling is and the thermal paste applied is good and there are no dust in any vent (I also have a cooling pad) so that really not the issue.
View attachment 13459
This is with switchable graphic in ATi mode idle

rider

as Kratos
Hello! I need to replace the fan of my laptop. It started to make a lot of annoying noise. Tell the part number of just fan (not fan + heatsink) and place to buy in low price.

Last edited:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Take my advice and you'll not require anything.
Get hold of Zorrick 88(its a yellow spray can),for Rs 60.
Clean your fan and heatsink.
Lift your fans a bit to expose bearings,and spray Z88 to it.Blow pressurised air out of vacuum cleaner.Excess liquids will splash out and keep blowing air for 5 min..Fan should freely move.

I have solved this issue on many laptops(as many as 5 DV6's).. It happens around two yr mark by dust entering bearings of fan....

And just for your info,fan is designed not to come out of heatsink in models after Dec 2011...You can open heatsink case and get access to fan,but cannot pull it out without breaking it.

rider

as Kratos
I replaced my battery and cleaned the fan with alcohol it has now very less noise. But it shows this message sometimes when I turn on the laptop.
*s14.postimg.org/ysuttvdk1/IMG_20140309_114302_1.jpg

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
It happens due to dust entering bearings of fan....Only Zorrik 88 seems to work flawlessly,No amount of Alcohol/other stuff is useful.

- - - Updated - - -

Superb Service by HP/Redington India

My Laptop's 640GB HDD was now starting to make random clicking sounds,and showed warnings every now and then. It was a Hitachi 640GB @ 5400 rpm drive.My laptop is nearing its 3rd birthday,and this HDD failure occurred due to a fall it sustained few months back.
Complained HP and got a Brand new Feb '14 Manufactured,Made in Japan, Hitachi 750GB HDD @ 7200 rpm :) within 2 days !!!! Yes,its not a refurbished one,but a brand new piece. Refurbished ones have some HP refurbished sticker on them. I thought India gets most of its HDD's from thailand,but this particular unit is from Japan.
Way to go,HP !!!

Last edited:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
All the DV6 owners,please come to my rescue........Here-*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/storage/182059-weird-situation-involving-ssd-hdd.html

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
Finally I have bought an SSD (Samsung 120 GB 2.5 inch 840 EVO SATAIII SSD) from Snapdeal. (Buy Samsung 120 GB 2.5 inch 840 EVO SATAIII SSD @ % Discount | Snapdeal
Also bought a HDD caddy from ebay for Rs 750 (12.7 mm caddy | eBay.

Now, As I've seen in forum and sites, that people do have some confusions about these. I will try to explain as much I can as from my knowledge.

As for DV6-6165tx, it has an Intel HM65 Express chipset and has 2nd Generation Core i7-2670QM sandy bridge Processor.
The motherboard has 6 SATA ports at 3 Gb/s with 2 ports supporting 6 Gb/s transfer rates.

The HDD bay has SATA-6 Gb/s port and the optical bay drive has SATA-3 Gb/s port. Well, one can also put HDD/SSD in optical bay and reach SATA-6 Gb/s as the cable can be interchanged(short cable though).

The main problem was, in my case, the bios always detects the HDD as first boot drive (doesn't matter where you put that) and the SSD as second boot drive. Changing the boot order in BIOS DOES NOT HELP.
Probably SATA-3 Gb/s is SATA 0, don't know this, and also there is no jumper is SATA ports to limit SATA speed in any of the ports, and I'm confused here.

So finally, i installed Windows on SSD by creating a 100 mb system partition on hdd to boot the SSD. This way, I can get the SATA 6 Gb/s -537 MB/s Sequential Read and 525 MB/s Sequential Write speed in Windows 7(in Windows 8.1 the benchmark results were higher) via Samsung Magician.

I over provisioned my 111.79 GB SSD to use 90 GB left 20 GB unallocated, maybe I did this extra unknowingly as Samsung suggests 10% of the drive to be unallocated(over provisioned). I've enable RAPID by Samsung magician and my laptop is now blazing fast.

The WEI(Windows 7) is 6.9 (Disk Data transfer rate is 7.9 which is MAX)

I first installed Windows 8.1 as is supports TRIM by native. Here are the drivers I used and EACH AND EVERY WORKED, even Bluetooth.
Install .NET 3 first.
Run the elevated command, run as Admin and enter
"Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:E:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess"
as 'E' is your installation media- Pendrive or DVD-ROM.

Then install HP Software framework, Support Assistant-SP54620 (for Coolsense), Chipset-SP55086, Install_Win8_8012_03212013_Ralink Ethernet, Ralink 802.11 WiFi Adapter -sp59525, Bluetooth-SP55063, Fingerprint Validity Sensor-SP55109 or sp63418(manually), HP Simplepass for Windows 8, USB3.0-SP54479, Synaptics Touchpad-SP55107, sp55104 -RealtekCardReader, HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection-sp58423, AMD+Intel High-Definition Graphics Driver(Switchable graphics-all in 1)-sp58788.
Better not to use IDT/Beats Audio Driver( none properly works, low sound, Fn+B doesn't work etc)
AND DO REBOOT AFTER EACH AND EVERY DRIVER INSTALLATIONS.

You can also buy an "SATA dvd enclosure/external casing" or "7+6 Slimline MicroSATA cable" to use your internal DVD optical bay as external DVD-Writer.
Sata USB 2 0 External Slim CD DVD Drive Enclosure Case FOR Laptop DVD Writer | eBay

USB TO Slimline Sata 7 6 Microsata Converter Cable | eBay

I'm also uploading some pictures of my laptop and accessories.
*s25.postimg.org/o836xhiij/SSD_HDD_D3_1.jpg

*s25.postimg.org/sfxz68jy3/SSD_HDD_D3_3.jpg

*s25.postimg.org/uztm0c7i3/SSD_HDD_D3_4.jpg

*s25.postimg.org/inqpmujnf/SSD_HDD_D3_2.jpg

And some snaps from HwiNFO64.
*s25.postimg.org/babbnvzln/Hwi_NFO64.jpg

*s25.postimg.org/cbbkd0gl7/Hwi_NFO64_2.jpg

HOPE THESE HELPS:mrgreen:

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
My internal HDD (the ones that came pre-installed) of my DV6-6165tx just crashed without any reasons today:banghead:. File errors, sometime hdd just disappears, copying errors etc. It was just fine, then after putting this hdd to the 2nd hdd caddy, this problem arose today. I don't know, i had to put some pressures when fitting and testing the HDD, maybe that caused it, accidentally I put pressure on the top of the HDD or whatever. So, here I am going to empty my pocket again(Its not even a month I just purchased the SSD and the caddy).:duh2:

The caddy is just a connector right? So it should not be the reason, i think.

Also just to share a strange story-
I use alliance broadband, there was an electrostatic issue with the MC, I connect through ethernet and I started feeling a little vibration with mild electricity when I touch the laptop.
After some days, the finger scan device just failed, didn't accept ant driver at all. I then had to hard reset the laptop (pressing the power switch of the laptop for 10 seconds after taking out the battery and pulling the power adaptop off, ie with no power supply), and that solved the issue. I then opened the MC my alliance provider provided and made manual earthing to ground, and the issue was solved.
Thinking about the future- I finally bought the "TP-Link 150 Mbps Wireless N Router (TL-WR740N)" and I'm using it now.

Pardon me, but I really like to share my tech-stories and my tech-emotions to you, thoughtful people:stirpot::doublethumb:

Last edited:

insaneYLN

In the zone
Query related to HP Pavilion dv6-6100se

Friends, am I permitted to ask here, a query or two, pertaining to the HP Pavilion dv6-6100se notebook PC?
:unsure:
I searched for a thread relevant to the said laptop model, but could not find anything convincing, and with all humility, I do not wish to create a new thread, just to ask one or two questions, thereby, unnecessarily adding to the clutter on the forum.
:crazy: :ashamed:

I await your replies.
:smile:

hi,

Please let me know whether anyone has played Battlefield 4 on 6770m (6121TX). If yes then post settings. I am able to play on low settings but still having lags.

Also whether Call Of Duty Ghosts, Batman Arkham Origins (and upcoming part), thief 4 are playable on 6770m or not.

Prongs298

In the zone
i havent extensively played any of them, but i have tried them for an hour or so.

they are perfectly playable at medium settings.

use msi afterburner to set the clocks of the gfx card.

and keep your i7 at atleast 1800 mhz or 1.8 ghz by using power settings and setting cpu at 85-90%.

i havent extensively played any of them, but i have tried them for an hour or so.

they are perfectly playable at medium settings.

use msi afterburner to set the clocks of the gfx card.

and keep your i7 at atleast 1800 mhz or 1.8 ghz by using power settings and setting cpu at 85-90%.

Please :unsure: tell me how to use the msi afterburner safely as I am noob :?: in that. Also please tell me from where to download the same.

Top Bottom