the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

saurav_wow

Broken In
Same here. I had a keyboard issue and HP sent a new keyboard within 48 hours of complaint

Exactly the reason I (am) was a HP fan..I had HP replaced the LCD & keyboard of my old laptop couple of years ago.. Had a compaq desktop. had replaced ODD free of charge and promptly..

and what do you all think of "Intravo Solutions" from which I have purchased extanded warrantyfor my HP laptop. I paid the money (Rs 4800)on 3rd of Oct 2012 and since called them up about 7-8 times, not received a single documentation regarding the extended warranty apart from the online receipt generated.
Not to mention the charges for the STD calls to a landline that I had to make. each call lasting about 15-20 mins , everytime they will transfer me arround to concerned person and the person telling it will be closed in 2 days.. They donot pick up the mobile numbers provided which would have been cheaper for me..

I am now completely fed up..

HP really needs to take stock of what their Outsourcing partners are doing to their image..

aaron.atom

Right off the assembly line
guys, im about to buy the dv6 7039tx, but i've heared people complaining about overheating and aftersales support issue, is it something to worry about? i am a gamer and i also need to run adobe premier , after effects etc..

rider

as Kratos
guys, im about to buy the dv6 7039tx, but i've heared people complaining about overheating and aftersales support issue, is it something to worry about? i am a gamer and i also need to run adobe premier , after effects etc..

There is no issue in the laptop and there is nothing wrong with hp after sales, the above case is with intervo warranty services, now hp provide sysnet warranty services with their laptops. For gaming I would recommend you to get Samsung series 5 550p laptop, it has 2x better GT 650M 2GB DDR3 GPU or Dell Inspiron 15R Turbo Laptop with HD 7730M.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Guys,I'm in a serious trouble....Please read on and kindly advise me about the best step.
Case History:-
My Pavilion dv6 6121tx's base enclosure was changed on 9th Aug 2012 by HP Patna.I was more or less satisfied with the work.The only reason for my dissatisfaction was that the replacement part had a small scratch.
Recently,my speaker's volume became low,and hence I ordered replacement speakers from hp.The work was to be done by HP Ranchi(my hometown).When engineer arrived onsite,he discovered that the place where screw holds the speaker(silver one,near screen) is broken into half.He told that it was due to overtightening of the screw,which was last done by HP Patna.He declined replacement,and initiated claim for ADP.My concern is that should I be losing my one time ADP claim for no mistake of mine??On contacting hp,they are only referring me to service centre,and thus a loop continues.
What should I do??

wayneroonsy

Guys I really need your help. I got a 6017tx which is not able to run MW3, BF3, NFS the RUN or ARKHAM CITY. The laptop always shuts down....even in the lowest settings. I seem to think its some heating issue cause the laptop is reaching 88-90 degrees during the game. could it be a graphic issue ? I am using the one available in the HP website.

What to do ? :-(....u guys seem to run these games flawlessly even in ultra settings.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
I will never visit svc anyway...What my concern is that I'll lose my adp for another 4 mnths.
@prashant-I tried contacting hp head and regional offices,but they always say one thing-as we are unable to see the condition of your laptop,hence a service centre will be your best bet...One person also said-hp doesnt has any control over its service partners(redington india).

rider

as Kratos
I will never visit svc anyway...What my concern is that I'll lose my adp for another 4 mnths.
@prashant-I tried contacting hp head and regional offices,but they always say one thing-as we are unable to see the condition of your laptop,hence a service centre will be your best bet...One person also said-hp doesnt has any control over its service partners(redington india).

so which one has better service (should be controlled by hp) sysnet or intarvo?

Last edited:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Not fully sure,but I guess sysnet has better service..But both are 3rd party service partners and hp dont have full control over either.

rider

as Kratos
Not fully sure,but I guess sysnet has better service..But both are 3rd party service partners and hp dont have full control over either.

My warranty is going to finish. I want to upgrade it for a year onsite hardware warranty. Where should I pay? Sysnet or Intarvo and how much?

wayneroonsy

Guys i need ur help...i have a 6017tx that always shuts down wen i play MW3, BF3, NFS Run or Arkham city....it heats upto 90 degrees during the game as well which i know is not healthy and probably causing the shut down. but it just got back from the service center....

the drivers are the ones available on the HP website

rider

as Kratos
Guys i need ur help...i have a 6017tx that always shuts down wen i play MW3, BF3, NFS Run or Arkham city....it heats upto 90 degrees during the game as well which i know is not healthy and probably causing the shut down. but it just got back from the service center....

the drivers are the ones available on the HP website

I recommend you to clean up your laptop with some vacuum pump or air blower. Reapply thermal grease with Deepcool Z5. For drivers use catalyst 12.6 it is the most stable.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Update:-Faith in humanity and hp,restored

After numerous hopeless e-mails and frantic calls,HP Regional Service Manager and Chief Engineer surprise-visited my place along with replacement parts.He ordered complete investigation of laptop,and replaced parts at the slightest confusion.He was like-If sir wants it to be changed,change it!! Base enclosure,display hinges and the cracked speakers were instantly changed,and another part,which they found defective(it was probably card reader,i don't use it anyways) was ordered and is promised to be changed by 5.00PM tomorrow.I was thrilled to the core to see them working so passionately on my love(laptop!!!)..After the work was over,he apologized and said that since the services deal with technical issues most often,and my case was bit different,they were unable to co-ordinate properly.He asked for any further issues,also asked about my feedback about the laptop,and the changes I would like to see.He actively noted them down(i could think about backlit keys,better speakers,better cooling and configurable laptops option) and told that he would escalate it to their head haunches. In they end,they surprised me with a token of apology from their side,which turned out to be a cheap but great nevertheless hp headphones model H1000...I felt like falling at their feet,since after 7 days of frustration,their behavior and solution was nothing less than a dream come true...!!!
Way to go,HP!!

Prongs298

In the zone
@sashi - feels great to hear that. my warranty expired this october so i wont be getting any of that. but can you tell me what was the problem with you hinges?

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
The hinge near hp logo used to flex a bit when pressed(when lid is closed)...To remove any chances of failure,they replaced the hinge.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
No bargaining....I paid Rs.8299 Net for 4 years complete cover,which includes accidental as well.Only Battery and Charger is not covered.
Yesterday I had a detailed talk with the officials,he said that neither hp nor dell gives direct service...Its sysnet/intarvo(redington) for hp and Wipro for Dell....So no matter what you take,you will be dealt similarly.

Top Bottom