the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

rider

as Kratos
No, today I just confirmed from engineer that battery comes under accidental cover. They are not suppose to charge anything except the charger in extended warranty.

You can't claim anything, unless that hp software shows its having some problem.

amargawade90

Fall In Love With HP 6165
No, today I just confirmed from engineer that battery comes under accidental cover. They are not suppose to charge anything except the charger in extended warranty.

You can't claim anything, unless that hp software shows its having some problem.

But Accidetal cover is just for 1 year ( with 2 year extended warrenty ) not 2 years....( Hp Shopwala said me today )

rider

as Kratos
In depends upon what you paid, 6k is for complete cover included accidental warranty.
This battery issue is hardware problem, accidental means something got broken or damaged by mistake.

vgr

Broken In
Best is to completely uninstall all AMD software and reinstall the latest software by downloading from hp website. Then manually update through that software, by using graphic properties > information > software update > check for updates manually

The HP website has no updates for most laptops over a year old..... so it's best to stick to AMD's CCC... as in completely uninstall it and then reinstall the latest version....
++ you don't need to update your drivers every month... once in 3-4 months usually adds a decent performance boost...

rider

as Kratos
The HP website has no updates for most laptops over a year old..... so it's best to stick to AMD's CCC... as in completely uninstall it and then reinstall the latest version....
++ you don't need to update your drivers every month... once in 3-4 months usually adds a decent performance boost...

No, you doesn't understand they have that nov 2011 version software download it and update catalyst to 12.6 manually with the help of that software, hp will not provide updates every month but that software automatically update whenever new updates available just like anti virus. LINK
Believe me man, 12.6 is extremely good.. the performance would increase upto 20% from last drivers.

aniket.cain

Padawan
12.6 really does seem to be the most stable version till now (though I am currently using 12.7 beta). I would not call the improvement to be 20% in games, but it is indeed better. For e.g., I play Split Second on LAN daily for around an hour, and after updating to 12.6/12.7, there is a noticeable difference. So, all of you who are hesitant, go ahead and update to 12.6. In case anyone cant find the drivers, I'd be happy to upload it to Mediafire (or any other file hosting site of your preference) and share the link to download.

rider

as Kratos
It will show up to date because there are no official drivers yet after 12.6.
You can read the installed version written on the top of software update.

12.6 really does seem to be the most stable version till now (though I am currently using 12.7 beta). I would not call the improvement to be 20% in games, but it is indeed better. For e.g., I play Split Second on LAN daily for around an hour, and after updating to 12.6/12.7, there is a noticeable difference. So, all of you who are hesitant, go ahead and update to 12.6. In case anyone cant find the drivers, I'd be happy to upload it to Mediafire (or any other file hosting site of your preference) and share the link to download.

Dude, whenever I try to update drivers from AMD website, it shows it is not compatible with my GPU even I select right. Why?

aniket.cain

Padawan
yea sure am :D

well the laptops usually on when there's nothing to do outside.... :)
so if it rains.... its probably going to be on the whole day....

I wish I could stay inside and enjoy the rain. But then there is the job, and the social life to take care of. :wink:

It will show up to date because there are no official drivers yet after 12.6.
You can read the installed version written on the top of software update.

Dude, whenever I try to update drivers from AMD website, it shows it is not compatible with my GPU even I select right. Why?

This is one problem I have faced for past few months, but then I stopped trying to download it that way, and directly downloaded the drivers without going through the wizard. I installed the official HP drivers first, and then installed 12.6, and later, 12.7 beta over that. Works properly, and even with the switchable graphics works fine.

aniket.cain

Padawan
How much the difference in 12.6 and 12.7 beta? I'm downloading beta now.

I haven't done any benchmarking to find that out. Maybe you could provide some info (after you install it) which would be helpful for others. All I know is I am not facing any troubles. :D

vgr

Broken In
No, you doesn't understand they have that nov 2011 version software download it and update catalyst to 12.6 manually with the help of that software, hp will not provide updates every month but that software automatically update whenever new updates available just like anti virus. LINK
Believe me man, 12.6 is extremely good.. the performance would increase upto 20% from last drivers.

hey i do..
FYI... I'm the one who posted the link to the 12.6 driver :p

the CCC version is the same but the driver gets updated...
my 6140tx doesn't have an update option on the CCC... that is why i need to reinstall it everytime i want to update my drivers...
*img337.imageshack.us/img337/2655/6140txcatalystccc.jpg

aniket.cain

Padawan
Also, my warranty expires on 22 July (I bought my laptop on 4th June last year), and I am thinking of getting the extended warranty. I got a mail from HP a few days ago, politely reminding me of this offer. Can it be bought online in India? I am a bit lazy to ride all the way to the HP World to get it.

rider

as Kratos
hey i do..
FYI... I'm the one who posted the link to the 12.6 driver :p

the CCC version is the same but the driver gets updated...
my 6140tx doesn't have an update option on the CCC... that is why i need to reinstall it everytime i want to update my drivers...

Yes, you are the who posted but i inform about this much earlier in this thread :p
Better to call hp customer care regarding to your issue with 6140tx.

vgr

Broken In
Yes, you are the who posted but i inform about this much earlier in this thread :p
Better to call hp customer care regarding to your issue with 6140tx.

i did.. they really weren't that helpful.... I spent about a week at the hp service center after using it for 2 months...... my hp coolsense stopped working at about the same time I did my first update after which i wasn't able to re install any HP solution... in short they weren't able to come up with a solution...
They wanted me to leave the laptop w/ them for another month or so which is not something I wanted to do... so for now i'm totally off HP-assistance :D

samudragupta

Youngling
Also, my warranty expires on 22 July (I bought my laptop on 4th June last year), and I am thinking of getting the extended warranty. I got a mail from HP a few days ago, politely reminding me of this offer. Can it be bought online in India? I am a bit lazy to ride all the way to the HP World to get it.
Its not directly via hp, they have outsourced the extended warranty to a couple of agencies. You may want to contact them directly. i think the mail should have their details

amargawade90

Guys .... I Have small Problem....
If I Put Some File for Downloading ( via , IDM , Bitcommet etc. ) for More than 2-3 hrs ( That time I Put Laptop "lid" closed ) , When I opens Lid , Screen does not starts but Touchpad , Other keyboard light gets on ( In Power option i select , All Options Are "NEVER"/Do Nothing )....For Starting Screen again , i needs to remove battery and re-starts it laptop again....is Any One face this Problem ??

amargawade90

I Also Want to Mention that , When I Bought This Laptop , When I Plugged to A/C Power and Swipe Hand on TOP of Lid , i feels Some little vibratation ( only on charging time ) But Now this Vibration feels Gone Now !!

Top Bottom