the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Prongs298

In the zone
go to power options and then set the max and min cpu level to 5 for both it will go to the min which is 780mhz and then you get max battery life.

rider

as Kratos
go to power options and then set the max and min cpu level to 5 for both it will go to the min which is 780mhz and then you get max battery life.

Can you please explain in detail, because I can't find to customise performance.
And what is water level percentage?

In power processor management I set the maximum processor state to 5% from 100% in batter mode.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
I checked my battery in power saving GPU.
customized with hp recommended mode with 50% brightness, keep wi-fi on, used the external speakers. Keep played the movie of .mkv format in vlc player and the battery lasts for 118 minutes (after that computer move to hibernate mode). :|
Also put in power processor management > the maximum processor state to 5% from 100% in battery mode for 90 minutes in between.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

You wanted an i7 and now you want to set it to 5% CPU?! :shock:

@rider: Have you set the GPU mode to fixed or dynamic?
And shut off WiFi when not in use.

Again one more thing. have you played games when on the battery?
Because if you do that often, that is going to hurt the battery quite a lot.

rider

as Kratos
@rider: Have you set the GPU mode to fixed or dynamic?
And shut off WiFi when not in use.

Ofcourse in fixed mode!

There is no use of almighty core-i7 when you are not gaming or editing and in battery mode.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^
There is nothing wrong with your battery going by that screenshot that you posted. So it must something related to some CPU hungry process. Just over na hour with powersaving mode on and with IGP is too little.

You dont need to set the max processor value to 5%. Its the min processor value that you have to change. Set only the min processor value to 5% and max processor to something like 40% in power saving and 80-90 in balanced. just my opinions though.

When you run the processor slowly, the processes themselves take longer to execute. This means that you are not going to save much power anyways.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
I have my laptop running on battery for nearly 5 hours for surfing and watching videos and listening to songs.
Using intel GPU, power saved mode, display brightness reduced to minimum while surfing and listening to songs and for movies its around 60-70%, max processor state set to 50%.

rider

as Kratos
I have my laptop running on battery for nearly 5 hours for surfing and watching videos and listening to songs.
Using intel GPU, power saved mode, display brightness reduced to minimum while surfing and listening to songs and for movies its around 60-70%, max processor state set to 50%.

I checked again today..in power saving GPU, I customized hp recommend mode turning max processor to 40% and brightness at 0 % turned off wi-fi and played .mp4 files in vlc player. And I got 2 hr 15 minutes of battery :cry:
What's wrong with this?

samudragupta

Youngling
I checked again today..in power saving GPU, I customized hp recommend mode turning max processor to 40% and brightness at 0 % turned off wi-fi and played .mp4 files in vlc player. And I got 2 hr 15 minutes of battery :cry:
What's wrong with this?
maybe you should get this checked with hp service centre before your battery warranty gets over

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Yeah, get it replaced if possible. Tell em it doesnt last an hour properly. Always make things appear a bit worser than it actually is when talking to customer care.

Guys ! under Rs 50000.
I suggest you all buy dv6-6154tx its price is Rs 49,500!!
On internet, you can get it on 45 to 48 !!
i bought it for rs. 49,500 !!

The Best Thing Is its price, and the graphic card it comes with !!
The graphic card is able to run all game at medium settings !

Modern warfare 3 runs with high detail at very good fps !
La noire runs fine at low graphics with highest resolutions !!!

boldtank

Right off the assembly line
Hello Everyone,

I own a DV6t-3100 from last ~15 months. Bought this laptop on 30th December, 2012 from US and using it from May,2011.

Configuration: Core i7-720QM, 8gb DDR3 RAM, ATI HD5650 1gb DDR3, 640gb HDD @ 7200 RPM, backlit keyboard

I normally play Prince of Persia (1-4) and Assasin's Creed; although not playing anything from last 5 months.

Initially was too happy with this laptop and was bragging a lot. After some day I noticed its getting hotter even with normal usage and wasn't fit to be kept on lap. Whenever I play games its noticeably superhot and cant't use the laptop keyboard easily. Finally during September, 2011..its started shutting down due to overheat. I purchase cooler master notepal series cooling pad and effectively it solved my problem initially but during the December 2011 it once againg getting superhot and even the coolpad wasnt able to help much.

Recently I disassembled my laptop (2 days back) and changed the thermal paste to Arctic Silver Ceramique2...its kind of ok now...but still need to test it more...now the idle temperature is 55 C, Moderate usgae 68 C and gaming 78 C (have tested only with 1o mints of gaming)..all temperature without cooling pad.

Seriously there is some design issue with these HP laptops and they need to provide a better and high quality thermal paste and heatsink. Temperature till 80 C is ok with gaming else it shuld have to be around 50 C with mild usage.

Note: if your DV6 is overheating means(idle temp 70 C) you need to change its thermal paste. invest in a good quality cooling pad. While changing the thermal paste remove the old paste completely clean the surfaces with IPA (although I prefer just wiping it off with cotton rags)

If affordable go for HP extended warrant...you can puchase one even if you hv got ur lappy from outside India (i got to know recently..:(..). If warranty expired go for AMC.

Thanks to Rachit Mahule (best of luck for your final semester exam) for starting this thread.

Comments and questions are most welcome.

Thanks,
Boldtank

Y Man ! Trly , Its a Steal, Magnet Magnesium , Everything Lol !!
For That Price you bought it ! Great ! Congo !
i got one too months ago though!!!
Are u having any problem yet??
Cuz i am having one problem !!:cool:

sarthak

In the zone
Guys ! under Rs 50000.
I suggest you all buy dv6-6154tx its price is Rs 49,500!!
On internet, you can get it on 45 to 48 !!
i bought it for rs. 49,500 !!

The Best Thing Is its price, and the graphic card it comes with !!
The graphic card is able to run all game at medium settings !

Modern warfare 3 runs with high detail at very good fps !
La noire runs fine at low graphics with highest resolutions !!!

^^
i bought one from flipkart @46k a few days back for my brother,and its truly a steal at that price.

Its graphic card is bad. The new dv6-7012tx is a much better deal.

vijayantp

HP DV6 6165TX
last night i got a blue screen with error name" driver power state failure " any information on this.

even i experienced driver power state failure two times in 2 hours.I uninstalled auslogics optimization software.I had repaired registry and defragmented using auslogics.I had read that optimization software can cause this.

Can anybody tell me anything about this ? Why it happens ?

Top Bottom