the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
well, HP's site says a different story.
HP DV6-7xxx

Acc. to it, the choice will only be provided on the processor, it'll come with 630m only.

btw, i am going to buy laptop in coming 2 months, mainly for gaming.
Should i stick with 6770m or 630m will deliver the juice... (though it has a poor 96 cores).

6770m is much better than 630M.

digyourpc

Broken In
Can any proud owner of dv6 6165 tell me how much money you paid to extend your dv6 6165 warranty for additional two years and from where you extended your laptop warranty?? Is the extended warranty accidental or not?

I am looking forward to extend my laptop warranty purchased on 16th jan,2012, so just want to know how much its going to hurt my pocket. Also, please tell me if I am still eligible for extending my laptop warranty.

Btw, how to check if my laptop has accidental damage protection or not, only the term "company warranty" is mentioned on my bill. However, the dealer(not hp authorized showroom) from where I purchased it, said it has 1 year accidental warranty. So, how can I confirm the same??

Thanks

tusharkeshri

Broken In
Can any proud owner of dv6 6165 tell me how much money you paid to extend your dv6 6165 warranty for additional two years and from where you extended your laptop warranty?? Is the extended warranty accidental or not?

I am looking forward to extend my laptop warranty purchased on 16th jan,2012, so just want to know how much its going to hurt my pocket. Also, please tell me if I am still eligible for extending my laptop warranty.

Btw, how to check if my laptop has accidental damage protection or not, only the term "company warranty" is mentioned on my bill. However, the dealer(not hp authorized showroom) from where I purchased it, said it has 1 year accidental warranty. So, how can I confirm the same??

Thanks
I havn't got the extended warranty for my lappy but got one for my sister HP g6 model and i paid Rs 6200 inclusive of taxes, the extended warranty doesn't cover the accidental damage protection and also it doesn't includes the battery and adaptor issues.Well as the same dealer said to me also that the laptop which i purchased the dv6 one has the accidental damage protection.For checking the accidental damage protection status you can chat with the company guys in HP support and assistant, you can also chat with the guys regarding any query.

sarthak

In the zone

Thanks

The money you have to pay depends when you buy the extended warranty. For less than 3 months after purchase its Rs.4500 and after that its more. But this warranty is currently available for Rs.1133. Also extend warranty does not have ADP. Go to this link to register : Extend Warranty

You can check your warranty status here : HP Product Warranty Check - HP Customer Care (India - English)
It doesn't say anything about ADP but don't worry HP laptops come with 1 year ADP from date of purchase.

sarathsnair

Journeyman
i want to buy a 4gb ram for my 6121tx. Which is better

Flipkart: Transcend DDR3 4 GB Laptop (JM1333KSN-4G) RAM

or

Flipkart: Corsair DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9): Ram

and also i want to know that is their much difference in performance when adding additional 4GB ram ?
and how many RAM's can be installed in 6121tx. currently it has 4GB RAM from hp

Last edited:

sumansherlock

Broken In
finally bought hp dv6 6140tx ...thanks to arsenalfan for telling the name croma but it takes 2hours to find it..i was searching a laptop having a good gpu which comes in less price
So i Bought at 51k..
+2 years extended warranty from croma :crazy: , it costs 4k so total 55k... is it a good deal?

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
You have already purchased? I thought to go to croma today :p

AFAIK, 2 years extended warranty is provided by Croma.

Also. currently HP is providing 2 years extended warranty at a rock bottom price of Rs. 999/-.
I have posted the link few days back, you could have opted that one, IMHO.

Anyway, Congrats for your new rig.

sumansherlock

Broken In
You have already purchased? I thought to go to croma today :p

AFAIK, 2 years extended warranty is provided by Croma.

Also. currently HP is providing 2 years extended warranty at a rock bottom price of Rs. 999/-.
I have posted the link few days back, you could have opted that one, IMHO.

Anyway, Congrats for your new rig.

Thanks..:-D
Oh i missed that offer from hp:|...here all are saying above 4.5k for that warranty ...while croma is providing at 3.9k...so i opted for it ..
Now tell me some shop to buy xbox controller..and also tell me how far it is from mejestic..

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Check the shops in SP Road.
Take a bus to Market from Majestic, not too far, may be 20 mins. Get down at Town Hall.
Take right (better ask someone or use GPS (Sadar Patrappa Road or something like that)) and you will be at SP Road.
Bargain, you can get it for around 1200/- I think.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
You could get, but you will have to pay a little more.
And I am on the same boat, if you contact customer care, let me know their answer.

sarathsnair

Journeyman
You could get, but you will have to pay a little more.
And I am on the same boat, if you contact customer care, let me know their answer.

i just want to know that how much time will take to boot u r laptop ? and also the score in performance index for RAM.. mine is 7.4 now

Top Bottom