the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

yash12mehrotra

Right off the assembly line
i had got toshiba harddrive with this laptop(dv6-6121tx) and it crashed due to many bad sectors,hp gave me a samsung one with same specs.
toshiba one was slow and this one is slower than toshiba.so are you using ssd or the intenal harddrive?

rakesh0

Right off the assembly line
hi frnds

just bought a 6121tx few days back..nd its a grt lappy but

whenev i try the webcam the screen is totally dark nd its not abut li8 coz my bro's dv4 webcam looks fine inside d room..

so is it jst me or ne body else has dis pro....nd how to solve it

plz help guyz...

velociraptor

Broken In
Hello, yesterday i went to spice hotspot of spice mall, noida to ask about the price of hp dv6 6165tx, the price i was offered was 59k, but they were offering the following accessories along with the laptop, 4 gb pen drive, intex 2.1 speaker, intex headphone, laptop cleaning kit, mts data card, intex mouse and laptop carry bag.
I want your suggestion is this a good deal as in nehru place i am getting the same laptop for around 57k.

Thanks in advance

yeah go for it i got it for 58.5 k with only bag as a freebie i suggest u to surely go for it

vijayantp

HP DV6 6165TX
i also hav copied dat file in d same location bt i didn't face dat problem again :-D .... now it loads successfully every tym i play , from where u hav downloaded dat en.sb file , seems to b corrupted as well ... give me ur email id & i will mail dat file ...

dude i hav also upgraded ram to 8 gb , i hav bought d Corsair one , it also hav 10 yr warranty , 1333 Mhz , 9-9-9 latency , don't know about gskill brand , bt Corsair is most reputed & most reliable brand in H/W components .....

i got it from the torrents.my email is pandavijaya89@gmail.com
do mail me soon.hope it works.

Prongs298

In the zone
As far as the performance of the laptop is considered, I have successfully completed The Run at everything maxxed, and I didn't face this issue. This has more to do with the game installation, or other software problem. Sorry mate, can't help.

how did you do that? i cant run "the run" at highest settings. it even stutters at medium settings in the parts where you drive through them city streets at las vegas and some other places. playing it at the highest seems impossible. i have set the processor to 100%, the drivers are updated and high performance gpu is selected and the gfx card is not underclocked.
then how?

vishu22

Broken In
how did you do that? i cant run "the run" at highest settings. it even stutters at medium settings in the parts where you drive through them city streets at las vegas and some other places. playing it at the highest seems impossible. i have set the processor to 100%, the drivers are updated and high performance gpu is selected and the gfx card is not underclocked.
then how?

dude i hav also completed NFS The RUN at ultra settings , it runs smoothly , even der is no problem lyk dat at d cool sense mode too ...!

sarthak

In the zone
then how?

I had some stuttering at those places when processor was at 60%.......at 100% it runs smoothly.

aniket.cain

Padawan
then how?

Well, me as well as my flatmate, both have HP 6121TX, and both of us completed The RUN at all settings at Ultra. So the issue with your laptop is something else. Sorry to ask this, but are you running the GPU in Fixed Mode or Dynamic mode? And are you facing the same issue in other games, which should run properly, or is it only The Run?

velociraptor

Broken In
dude i hav also completed NFS The RUN at ultra settings , it runs smoothly , even der is no problem lyk dat at d cool sense mode too ...!

which gfx driver u have please give me the link i updated the drivers but it (the run )gives me 20-23 fps at ultra please tell me i have bios updated but dont have any idea about gfx drivers my pc is slow i dont know why and i get 30 fps in reveletions at preconfigured settings .,.,
hey will u do me a favour please update all your games benchmark scores like bf3,crysis2,black ops ,mw3,the run,..,,.ya and i need to tell u that f1 lags a lot ,,,i just now instaklled ninja blade wich too lags ,,please suggest me update htanks

sarthak

In the zone
which gfx driver u have please give me the link i updated the drivers but it (the run )gives me 20-23 fps at ultra please tell me i have bios updated but dont have any idea about gfx drivers my pc is slow i dont know why and i get 30 fps in reveletions at preconfigured settings .,.,
hey will u do me a favour please update all your games benchmark scores like bf3,crysis2,black ops ,mw3,the run,..,,.ya and i need to tell u that f1 lags a lot ,,,i just now instaklled ninja blade wich too lags ,,please suggest me update htanks

I gave the link for the latest driver above...........but did you go into fixed mode in bios ??? If yes, did you select high-performance mode ???

velociraptor

Broken In
I gave the link for the latest driver above...........but did you go into fixed mode in bios ??? If yes, did you select high-performance mode ???

ya i did all that , will u please paste all ur games fps and the settings which u used thanks in advance
and where is this high performance mode ,, are u talking about selecting high performance gpu by rightclicking?

Last edited:

Prongs298

In the zone
guys i have all the things right i am sure of that, but i dont have the latest drivers. these are 1 month old drivers. will updating the drivers do the trick or am i doing something wrong.

tusharkeshri

Broken In
Hii i am planning to buy hp dv6 6121 tx abd currently residing in noida ,please tell me which shop will ne nest for buying it price wise.

akn75

Broken In
Bought Hp 6165tx today for Rs. 56400 from Delhi ...and i must say this one is a BEAST!

hey dude
where did you get it from? Could you please provide details of the package? I'm planning to buy this Sat. The best offer so far I got from Nehru place is 58.5 + 2% for card with mouse, cleaning kit, tata photon data card 2 months unlimited, key guard. Thank you

digyourpc

Broken In
please suggest any good branded screen guard, key guard and a clean kit for my new hp dv6 6165tx laptop purchased on 16th jan.....:mrgreen:
dont forget to mention how much all the mentioned things will cost me..

thanks

red dragon

Master troll
You do not need a screenguard unless the glare is bothering you.

It is a laptop,not some fancy touchscreen mobile.
Got your laptop now get some work done on it.

akn75

Broken In
Anybody bought DV6-6155 extended warranty? Planning to buy the laptop on Sat, so is it better to buy from the same shop or online ?? Please also share the cost of 2 yrs extended warranty. Thanks in advance!

vijayantp

HP DV6 6165TX
please tell me how to reduce the level of battery wear. Mine is increasing every two weeks.i am using on ac power mostly after it is charged fully.And also i am running on battery and discharging them once in every 3 days.reply soon guys

Top Bottom