the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

aniket.cain

Padawan
I have recently bought a 6165. Since I prefer to work on a bigger screen I always try and connect to a monitor if I have the option. But the issue I see while connecting to the monitor(FULL HD) is that the picture does not seem crisp at all. It's a bit hazy(not so much that one can't work on it, but enough to notice it). Can u guys suggest me something that might be able to solve my problem.

I have another query... I understand after reading some of the posts in this thread that 1 has to update drivers for bios and graphics. Now there are quite a few drivers present on the hp support site. Do I have to install all the updates or only the most recent ones.
Another question where do I install the latest ATI CCC from....could you also tell me the latest version which would be supported on my laptop.

If you are using an external FHD monitor, and doing a duplicate of the screen, it might be outputting 1366x768 to the external monitor. Make sure the resolution for the 2nd screen is set to 1080p. If it is not possible in the Duplicate mode, use Extend, or Projector Only option, and then set the resolution properly on the external monitor.

For the drivers and BIOS update, use the search option. Links to the BIOS update and the CCC have been provided many times.

vishu22

Broken In
hey friends

I have dv6 6165tx.bios is F.1A . Driver version is 8.882 . NFS RUN gets stuck at loading screen just before start of a race.It always gets stuck at that point.Game menu comes properly.When i start a race,it gets stuck at loading screen.I copied en.sb to loc folder in data.But dint help.Is anybody else facing any issues like this ?
please reply soon guys :sad::sad::sad:

thanks and regards

yup u were right , i also had d same issue , it stucks sometimes at d loading screen , don't know y bt it is so irritating :x , sometimes i had just cleared a stage & then it get stucked & then i hav to clear it again :sad:

Last edited:

vijayantp

HP DV6 6165TX
yup u were right , i also had d same issue , it stucks sometimes at d loading screen , don't know y bt it is so irritating :x , sometimes i had just cleared a stage & then it get stucked & then i hav to clear it again :sad:

do you know why ? is it because of the game installation ? or driver issue ?

Chinmay91

Insomniac
First of all, I would like to appreciate the moderators for creating this thread and troubleshooting.I decided to buy the HP Pavilion dv6-6121tx one week ago.I have a doubt, Is it possible to upgrade to a Full HD screen?

velociraptor

Broken In
hey every one i just bought dv6 665tx loving its finish ans shades updated my bios to the latest as on hp site now but i have the proble that i only get able to get 23 fps in nfs the runin highest ettings ,gta 4 gives sttutering while loadi)ng screen apppears and dont finally load if settins (view distance is set to max)

and now i checked that i get 16- 20 fps in crysis 2 at hardcore ,20 fps in gta 4 ,and same in bf3 what should i do please some one help me out i have already updated the bios and and use 6770m for playing but still no out put is this driver problem if yes than tell me the link to get the drivers which will make this run smoothly as on ur s systems

Last edited:

sarthak

In the zone
First of all, I would like to appreciate the moderators for creating this thread and troubleshooting.I decided to buy the HP Pavilion dv6-6121tx one week ago.I have a doubt, Is it possible to upgrade to a Full HD screen?

No.

hey every one i just bought dv6 665tx loving its finish ans shades updated my bios to the latest as on hp site now but i have the proble that i only get able to get 23 fps in nfs the runin highest ettings ,gta 4 gives sttutering while loadi)ng screen apppears and dont finally load if settins (view distance is set to max)

and now i checked that i get 16- 20 fps in crysis 2 at hardcore ,20 fps in gta 4 ,and same in bf3 what should i do please some one help me out i have already updated the bios and and use 6770m for playing but still no out put is this driver problem if yes than tell me the link to get the drivers which will make this run smoothly as on ur s systems

Update graphics drivers also, and change to switchable graphics in bios. Then run the game in high performance mode.

guyy

Right off the assembly line
hi guys,
i have a 6121tx and i am new to this forum.i went through some of the posts and they were really helpful.
this is not a gaming forum but as some of the members have posted their problems, i would like to share my problem and hope for a solution..

i have played most of the recent games on this lappy and its performance was really good but somedays back i installed "StarWars the force unleashed 2" and as soon as i launch the game windows gives the message"SWTFU2.exe has stopped working".

i have googled for a solution for hours and tried some and nothing works..
so i think it is laptop specific problem..

i have 11.12 and f.1a and running in high performance mode..

has anyone tried this game on 6121 or other models???
if so how did u make it work????

please help guys , i really want to play this game.....

digyourpc

Broken In
Hello, yesterday i went to spice hotspot of spice mall, noida to ask about the price of hp dv6 6165tx, the price i was offered was 59k, but they were offering the following accessories along with the laptop, 4 gb pen drive, intex 2.1 speaker, intex headphone, laptop cleaning kit, mts data card, intex mouse and laptop carry bag.
I want your suggestion is this a good deal as in nehru place i am getting the same laptop for around 57k.

Thanks in advance

sarthak

In the zone
update graphics to what ?i mean which versions please tell me which one u r using and please give me the link .thanks in advance

ATI Catalystâ„¢ Mobility Display Driver

It is 11.12 install it, go into switchable mode from bios. Then you will get switching option on right-clicking where you can use either high-performance gpu (amd) or power-saving gpu (intel).

hi guys,
i have a 6121tx and i am new to this forum.i went through some of the posts and they were really helpful.
this is not a gaming forum but as some of the members have posted their problems, i would like to share my problem and hope for a solution..

i have played most of the recent games on this lappy and its performance was really good but somedays back i installed "StarWars the force unleashed 2" and as soon as i launch the game windows gives the message"SWTFU2.exe has stopped working".

i have googled for a solution for hours and tried some and nothing works..
so i think it is laptop specific problem..

i have 11.12 and f.1a and running in high performance mode..

has anyone tried this game on 6121 or other models???
if so how did u make it work????

please help guys , i really want to play this game.....

I am also having the same problem........ the game runs on intel but gives problem on amd gpu.

guyy

@sarthak

thanks man, i hadn't tried on intel gpu . it works on intel gpu but i get like 10-15fps so basically not playable. Atleast now its confirmed that the problem is with amd gpu. BUT if you figure out how to make it work on AMD please let me know...I really like this game...

ALSO if anybody else could help, its appreciated...
tahnks..

yash12mehrotra

i have a hp dv6-6121tx.i want to upgrade my ram from 4gb to 8 gb.
i currrently have single module 4 gb ddr3 1333 mhz, latency 9-9-9,made by hynix(hyundai)
(please check latency if i am wrong,i checked in cpuz)
i have following options-
1)Flipkart: Gskill SQ DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (F3-10666CL9S-4GBSQ): Ram
2)Flipkart: Corsair DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9): Ram
3)Flipkart: ADATA Premier DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (AD3S1333C4G9-R): Ram
well i read a comment that adata ram (3rd optiom) didn't work in hp probook and that worries me a lot,
as i can't get the same ram(hynix) and now have to go with most probably with the gskill one.
PLEASE TELL ME -WILL THE GSKILL RAM WORK.(I WANT TO CREATE DUAL CHANNEL).

MOD EDIT: Please do not post personal info like email id, etc.

vishu22

Broken In
copied to data/win32/loc .still same problem

i also hav copied dat file in d same location bt i didn't face dat problem again :-D .... now it loads successfully every tym i play , from where u hav downloaded dat en.sb file , seems to b corrupted as well ... give me ur email id & i will mail dat file ...

i have a hp dv6-6121tx.i want to upgrade my ram from 4gb to 8 gb.
i currrently have single module 4 gb ddr3 1333 mhz, latency 9-9-9,made by hynix(hyundai)
(please check latency if i am wrong,i checked in cpuz)
i have following options-
1)Flipkart: Gskill SQ DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (F3-10666CL9S-4GBSQ): Ram
2)Flipkart: Corsair DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9): Ram
3)Flipkart: ADATA Premier DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (AD3S1333C4G9-R): Ram
well i read a comment that adata ram (3rd optiom) didn't work in hp probook and that worries me a lot,
as i can't get the same ram(hynix) and now have to go with most probably with the gskill one.
PLEASE TELL ME -WILL THE GSKILL RAM WORK.(I WANT TO CREATE DUAL CHANNEL).

MOD EDIT: Please do not post personal info like email id, etc.

dude i hav also upgraded ram to 8 gb , i hav bought d Corsair one , it also hav 10 yr warranty , 1333 Mhz , 9-9-9 latency , don't know about gskill brand , bt Corsair is most reputed & most reliable brand in H/W components .....

Top Bottom