saurav_wow

Broken In
Guys,
i hav 6121tx. My HDD has Partitions as
System reserved
C: 582GB
D:Recovery
HP_TOOLS
i want to split 582GB C drive to C:180GB and 2 other data partitions without deleting Recovery and HP_TOOLS partitions. Please Help me

i suggest using Acronis Disk Director suite to achieve the above if you want to modify the partitions without re-installing the windows OS.

Believe it is the best way.... it has nice interface and chance of anything going wrong is unlikely.. Using the windows built in disk management you cannot shrink the C: drive to 180 GB..for me it never went below some 300 GB (idont remember exactly)

somebody please help me..:-o

should i buy a dv6 6165tx?
or should i go for lenovo z570?

please help me its urgent..
i have to purchase a lappy before my college opens..

any other good lappy b/w 50k ??

I would blindly go for the HP 6165tx..

does anybody here having problems of crashing and flickering playing battlefield 3 on dv6 6770m and sick of doing driver updates???

no such issues for me.. finished the game twice.. work flawlessly..

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Guys I've an unknown device in device manager. Details here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/150830-unknown-device-device-manager.html#post1554638

Plz help

Xaero92

Broken In
hi guys....well i have an hp dv6 6121tx for the last 4 months and it has served me extremely well till now...bt recently there have been some sparking noises coming from inside the laptop...the lappy still works properly bt the noises are a nuisance..they are not constant bt happen after switching on the lappy for abt 5 minutes...if anyone has a soln plz help...

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
HI Guys!:-o
I want to buy HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx.
I was going thru d thread n noticed many post abt its various issues.
Is it a good laptop o no.. considering it has DDR5 n graphic switch is fixed with the new BIOS update?
If not can you suggest me a good laptop with the same or higher config. my budget is 62k-65k?

Go for asus N55Sf best laptop for 65k some of the members have already purchased this laptop. U can get it even cheaper if you are in kolkata try vedant and md computers and for Bangalore try jainex computers

saurav_wow

Broken In
hello guys
i got my hp 6165tx .

please tell me about heating issues in this laptop during gameplay.that's the only thing which worries me.and tell me the best cooling pad for 6165tx ??

which cooling pad can significantly reduce temperatures during gaming?
and should i keep laptop on ac power even if battery is fully charged??
please reply soon

before you buy a cooling pad.. please go through the following article and understand it..

Tip: Buying a laptop cooler? Make sure you get the proper type! | Tips 'n Tricks | dotTech

keeping the laptop on ac power when the battery is charged should not be a problem since it automatically cuts off charging when the battery is at 100 %.. it actually by-passes the battery and powers your laptop.. however it is recomended that you use your Laptop on battery power ocassionaly..
for more knowledge look at the following articles..

Extend battery life: Conserve battery power on laptops, notebooks, and netbooks

HP Laptop battery maintenance handbook

hi guys....well i have an hp dv6 6121tx for the last 4 months and it has served me extremely well till now...bt recently there have been some sparking noises coming from inside the laptop...the lappy still works properly bt the noises are a nuisance..they are not constant bt happen after switching on the lappy for abt 5 minutes...if anyone has a soln plz help...

I would recommend to contact HP support.. The laptop should not be making such noises.

vijayantp

HP DV6 6165TX

what kind of sparking noises are coming and why ? its not convincing enough for new laptops

vijayantp

HP DV6 6165TX
hello guys,

after reading posts here,i am thinking to buy Cooler Master NotePal U3 .i have hp dv6 6165tx.will Cooler Master NotePal U3 or any other cooling pad will work effectively for hp dv6 6165tx ?? please reply soon.i need a cooling pad soon.

thanks !

velociraptor

Broken In
"hello everyone i am rohan this is my first post in digit forums .i came to know about this thread from google while i was searching for the hp dv6 6165tx laptop i am going to buy this laptop in about 10 days. and i also am buying following items like razer death adder mouse,razer arctosa keyboard,cooler master notepal u3. i want to ask that is this stuff good or there can be better in this price range ?if there is any issue with this laptop?will the laptop cooler be able to cool this laptop ?i am currently in dehradun city and its always normal climate not so hot during summers . and how is the wifi connectivity of this laptop because i have to download movies etc from my college wifi so please help me please my apologies if i have done any mistake in the post."
why dont any one reply to my ques ? Plz i have to buy ths things

sarathsnair

Journeyman
i hav 6121tx, but now a days it's performance is reduced to a great. i dont know what is the reason. before 2 days i partitioned my hard disk as in the image. I think this may be the problem. much time needed for opening an application eventhough their is more than 2 GB of RAM is available . what to do ?? Sometimes Security Essentials shows a virus named Ramnit. but i cleaned them

[URL=*imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/captureys.jpg/][IMG]*img443.imageshack.us/img443/240/captureys.jpg[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited:

saurav4128

Right off the assembly line
hi, just today i have purchased a new dv6 6165 laptop and having very little info on how and what to backup and what all things to do in a new laptop, can you please tell me what things i have to do for optimum performance..
thanks in advance.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
"hello everyone i am rohan this is my first post in digit forums .i came to know about this thread from google while i was searching for the hp dv6 6165tx laptop i am going to buy this laptop in about 10 days. and i also am buying following items like razer death adder mouse,razer arctosa keyboard,cooler master notepal u3. i want to ask that is this stuff good or there can be better in this price range ?if there is any issue with this laptop?will the laptop cooler be able to cool this laptop ?i am currently in dehradun city and its always normal climate not so hot during summers . and how is the wifi connectivity of this laptop because i have to download movies etc from my college wifi so please help me please my apologies if i have done any mistake in the post."
why dont any one reply to my ques ? Plz i have to buy ths things

If you are too much into gaming buy the new HP envy 14 with 7xxxM series gfx card. There are no major issues with the laptop. It plays demanding games without any problems/overheating. WiFi is OK too

hi, just today i have purchased a new dv6 6165 laptop and having very little info on how and what to backup and what all things to do in a new laptop, can you please tell me what things i have to do for optimum performance..
thanks in advance.

If you have a decent broadband connection run HP Support Assistance dor driver and BIOS updates.

Set CoolSense to Coolest Mode while gaming

Download Core Temp for monitoring temps

Make Recovery DVD's (4 blank DVD required)

Backup SwSetup folder from C drive in case you are planning to update to Win7 Ultimate or any other windows.

Update Graphics driver ATI Catalystâ„¢ Mobility Display Driver

balkeet

Banned
plz somebody upload sceenshot of dv6t showing gpu n cpu temp after 4-5 hrs of heavy gaming at coolest mode without overclocking gpu!!!!!!!

saurav4128

Re: Dell XPS 15 or HP DV6-6165TX

Hii guys i have bought a dv6 6165 just 2 days ago but i am experiencing some difficulties.

first of all its hanging too much and i just don't know what to do.

secondly the speed which i expected is not obtained.

the time taken by it to start up is more than my previous laptop which has a core 2 duo processor.

also can some one tell me how to turbo boost my laptop as i have no knowledge of it and what to do with the graphic card, i mean what change in settings as i tried playing assassins creed and it didn't run smoothly.

Gamer_Guru

Hey i just bought my new Dv6 6121tx today!:razz:
though i read most of this thread before buying it to make sure it was a good one i want to thank ishu,aniket and prashant for sharing their knowledge!:shock:

balkeet

Banned
h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Gaming/I-have-a-dv6t-quad-w-radeon-6770-switchable-graphics-I-know/td-p/1128679

feels scary about buying a dv6t!!

vijayantp

HP DV6 6165TX
hello guys

i am going to buy Cooler Master NotePal U3 next week.I have a HPDV6 6165TX.
please advise me whether Cooler Master Note Pal U3 the best suited for this laptop or any other cooling pad works effectively for this particular laptop ?? please reply soon guys. I have to get it soon.

Thanks and regards

vishu22

Broken In
hello guys

i am going to buy Cooler Master NotePal U3 next week.I have a HPDV6 6165TX.
please advise me whether Cooler Master Note Pal U3 the best suited for this laptop or any other cooling pad works effectively for this particular laptop ?? please reply soon guys. I have to get it soon.

Thanks and regards

Coolermaster U3 has some angle issues ....dats y u can't rest it on ur lap comfortably , u can check Coolermaster Notepal X2 - NotePal X2 - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply
& Coolermaster Notepal Ergostand - NotePal ErgoStand [4-port USB HUB] - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply
or if u want both adjustable fans & adjustable hieght u can check Coolermaster U stand - NotePal U Stand [3-port USB HUB] - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply

Top Bottom