the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

amirtaraj

Broken In
HP lifts dv6 and dv4 (s) from the website listings, hope we see some new configurations most preferably Full-HD with i7 and 6770M.....:)

HP Pavilion Home Notebook PCs - comparison results Home & Home Office - HP

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
HP lifts dv6 and dv4 (s) from the website listings, hope we see some new configurations most preferably Full-HD with i7 and 6770M.....:)

HP Pavilion Home Notebook PCs - comparison results Home & Home Office - HP

FHD with 6770M sucks :shock: That would reduce framerates to half. Better give a 6970M or wait a little for llano or ivy bridge

CloudS

Broken In
dv4 and dv6 lifted from website? :O
I need suggestion about buying...
Buy now, its a good time or should I wait and see whats coming now? If its a matter of just a few days, then I think I can wait.

dv4 and dv6 lifted from website? :O
I need suggestion about buying...
Buy now, its a good time or should I wait and see whats coming now? If its a matter of just a few days, then I think I can wait.

me too having the same confusion aftter i saw the post from amitaraj . . . .
Please help ! ! ! ! ! !

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Wait for a week if you can. Just speculating, A FHD model with 6970m would be great. Personally I feel beats Audio would not be included as HTC now holds 51% share in Beats.

amirtaraj

Broken In
As far as I guess there wont be any striking new components as its only in Indian website 6900 series cards can never come into play unless they fully refresh the configurations and same applies to Ivy bridge which is due for next year so now there can be i7-2670QM instead of i7-2630QM and i5-2430 instead of i5-2410

rahul3221

Broken In
Hey guys.....
I have a problem....
I want to make a new partition of 300gb....
Currently my laptop has these partitions...
1.system reserved
2.C:
3.hp tools
4.recovery
as you can see that there are already 4 partitions...and if i try to make a new partition, it gives a warning that the disk will be converted from basic disk dynamic disk.....
now my question is if i create this new dynamic partition, will i be able to recover my laptop using recovery disk...or not...cuz i read somewhere that we should not convert a disk to dynamic...
P.S. I have already created my recovery disks....

Last edited:

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys.....
I have a problem....
I want to make a new partition of 300gb....
Currently my laptop has these partitions...
1.system reserved
2.C:
3.hp tools
4.recovery
as you can see that there are already 4 partitions...and if i try to make a new partition, it gives a warning that the disk will be converted from basic disk dynamic disk.....
now my question is if i create this new dynamic partition, will i be able to recover my laptop using recovery disk...or not...cuz i read somewhere that we should convert a disk to dynamic...
P.S. I have already created my recovery disks....

Recovery discs may work however Recovery partition wont wotk

rahul3221

Broken In
Recovery discs may work however Recovery partition wont wotk

can you confirm that recovery discs wud work as i don't want to be troublesome in future for making a dynamic disk.

I went through great deal of problems in my old dv4 due to this dynamic disk issue, and i didn't had any recovery disc at that time.
:blank:

@all: Has anyone tried making dynamic disks partition and recovered successfully with help of recovery discs ???:blank::blank:

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Recovery discs work as I've read in threads. I've left them at my hostel so cant confirm. BTW you can download or buy win7 64bit and then use your own product key

amirtaraj

Broken In
can you confirm that recovery discs wud work as i don't want to be troublesome in future for making a dynamic disk.

I went through great deal of problems in my old dv4 due to this dynamic disk issue, and i didn't had any recovery disc at that time.
:blank:

@all: Has anyone tried making dynamic disks partition and recovered successfully with help of recovery discs ???:blank::blank:

Even if you delete or Format the entire hard disk you can use recovery disks to restore your computer back to factory setup.......:)

shahdhruv

Right off the assembly line
there is any problem in hp dv6 6121tx.
because of i want to buy one for me.

there is any graphics card issue or any problem with switch graphics
intel hd to ati 6770.

please tell me fast.
i want to buy laptop in 2 or 3 days.

thanks in advance.

sarathsnair

Journeyman
After installation, ubuntu will automatically ask to activate unity (as the system hardware supports it). In older systems, that option won't come at all.

i hav 6121tx. but after installation ubuntu says that i do not hav hardware for ubuntu and so it goes to classical desktop.
how can i solve his problem ?
i also want to activate compiz visual effects
how ?
i have knoppix live cd, but it has these visual effects, but ubuntu did not . why ?

Last edited:

aniket.cain

Padawan
The are Going to End all Dv and G Series Product line and will soon introduce HP Essential and HP EliteBook Range in India also. They have already introduced these Product lines in US. Here is the link: HP laptop, netbook, notebook & tablet PCs | Official HP® Business Site

HP Essential and HP EliteBook have been in US for a very long time. These are not new models.

red dragon

Master troll
Very good move from hp,hope they get rid of the dv6 series soon and regain some lost market.
The elitebooks are fantastic.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
there is any problem in hp dv6 6121tx.
because of i want to buy one for me.

there is any graphics card issue or any problem with switch graphics
intel hd to ati 6770.

please tell me fast.
i want to buy laptop in 2 or 3 days.

thanks in advance.

Naah.. No problem

Very good move from hp,hope they get rid of the dv6 series soon and regain some lost market.
The elitebooks are fantastic.

Thats a stupid move. Just look how many dv6 users are here. Around 2~3 guys joining every month in this forum means the sales are really good. i7 + 6770M is kickass for this price

CloudS

Broken In
dv6 must be HP's best selling laptops in its range as compared to their counter parts from other companies.
The website shows some q and g models and also written 'NEW'. Were they there before?

kaz

right here
dv6 must be HP's best selling laptops in its range as compared to their counter parts from other companies.
The website shows some q and g models and also written 'NEW'. Were they there before?

q series?????

g6 & g4 series r there for around more than 1year..they r all compaq laptops..

any idea or info about the new upcoming dv-series?

i guess they will provide the new processor only. eg.- i7-2670, i5-2430

Top Bottom