the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Prongs298

In the zone
@prashant - in the third picture that you have posted, there is a light line on the bezel on the left side of the area where pavillion dv6 is written.

Is that a clipping latch of some kind? Because there are just two screws on the sides of the hinges and no more on the bezel right?

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@prashant - in the third picture that you have posted, there is a light line on the bezel on the left side of the area where pavillion dv6 is written.

Is that a clipping latch of some kind? Because there are just two screws on the sides of the hinges and no more on the bezel right?

I dont think it is a latch, though I've never tried playing. They are rubber pads to protect screen bumping into keyboard however I AM NOT SURE. And yes there are 2 screws only

house?

Broken In
@prongs..they are protruding outwards...its to maintain a space between the screen and keyboard when the laptop is closed, to prevent the scratches on the screen

vgr

Broken In
Are they rectangular gaps, with something in between at some edge, or are they protruding outwards?
Dude just take it to your closest hp center. They told me that they would replace the screen for free. There is supposed to be a filter which is apparently out of place!

That apart, which is the cheapest and best cooling pad? My laptop heats up pretty damn fast!

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Dude just take it to your closest hp center. They told me that they would replace the screen for free. There is supposed to be a filter which is apparently out of place!

That apart, which is the cheapest and best cooling pad? My laptop heats up pretty damn fast!

Belkin cooling pad is good. Costs 700-800

house?

Broken In
try this, i bought it after checking the fan radius and speed...must say, pretty kickass

Flipkart.com: Cooler Master NotePal L1: Cooling Pad

rahul3221

Broken In
Please can anyone tell me the price of extended warranty for 1+2 years?
I have been to 3 different HP dealers here in lucknow and everyone told me a different quote...
One said its for Rs. 5500, another said Rs 6000 and 3rd one said Rs. 3800 within 9 days and 4500 after 9 days from the date of purchase......
Now what to believe and wat not to believe???
Help.... :?:?:?

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Why dont you two create a separate thread and continue your little chit chat. That will be fun.
About heating, I have played FIFA11 and F1 2011 for 2-3 hours on my laptop with Cooler Master Ergostand, it never goes beyond 70.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Please can anyone tell me the price of extended warranty for 1+2 years?
I have been to 3 different HP dealers here in lucknow and everyone told me a different quote...
One said its for Rs. 5500, another said Rs 6000 and 3rd one said Rs. 3800 within 9 days and 4500 after 9 days from the date of purchase......
Now what to believe and wat not to believe???
Help.... :?:?:?

I had sent a mail to HP regarding this. Next day, they gave me a call and told me the price to be Rs. 4500 for 2 years extended warranty (making it a total of 3 years). So, take that to be the official word.

rahul3221

Broken In
I had sent a mail to HP regarding this. Next day, they gave me a call and told me the price to be Rs. 4500 for 2 years extended warranty (making it a total of 3 years). So, take that to be the official word.

can i buy the laptop from one dealer and buy the extended warranty from HP directly????
because the ones which are asking 6000 for extended is quoting the laptop in 53.4k...
and who is quoting the price 3800 or 4500 for the same is quoting 56k fr the laptop...
so can i buy the extended warranty directly from hp after the buying the laptop for 53.4k ??? :?

rahul3221

Broken In
@rahul3221, I think that should be possible. Even I'm planning to buy the extended warranty after 6 months.

Had a nice little chat with HP an hour ago...they said you can extend the warranty to +2 years within 90 days of ur purchase @Rs.4800
and after 90 days you only get extended warranty of +1 year...

aryan24

Broken In
strange stuff...the hp world guys are not ready to come down below 56 k while the resellers are giving at 53.5 k

hp world guys are giving lot of stuff with the deal, which they call freebies.

that guys at gip, noida are giving at 58k

we can get it from reseller but worried about the grey market stuff..any ideas guys.

CloudS

Broken In
strange stuff...the hp world guys are not ready to come down below 56 k while the resellers are giving at 53.5 k

we can get it from reseller but worried about the grey market stuff..any ideas guys.

Which model are you talking about, and what freebies were they offering you?

Lucky_star

Still Shining!

What's the grey matter stuff you are talking about?
If you are getting the product with a bill, what is the problem in buying from a reseller/retail?

Last edited:
Top Bottom