the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
ok so the 250GB xtra hdd on 6121 worth 2-3K??
1TB external costs 3k.

guys i hav some problms regarding the read/write speed of this laptop 6121tx.
i got these speeds
in HDD, write speed only 24MBps (very low) when copying files from one drive to another :cry:
in usb 2.0 pendrive write 4MBps , read 17MBps. is this speeds are normal or low ?
wat can i do to increase this speed values ?
Depends on the drives. I get ~26 on my HD.

Niilesh

Padawan
i got these speeds
in HDD, write speed only 24MBps (very low) when copying files from one drive to another :cry:
in usb 2.0 pendrive write 4MBps , read 17MBps. is this speeds are normal or low ?

use software like teracopy and fastcopy they will increase speed for file transfers
and about the pendrive, it totaly depends on the pendrive not on HHD(unless HHD is slower than pendrive itself!:)))

tejasxs

www.gogiz.in
i got these speeds

speed for both HDD and pendrive are ok,
for HDD it is usually 20-30 Mbps and for pendrives 4-10 Mbps,
(latest hdds, pendrives and usb 3.0 supported storages will have greater speed)

try defragmenting your HDD.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@marvelousprashant -

Oi ! you mean that its coming from the side and not through the screen, right ?? :)
@aniket - sorry buddy! My bad. And anyway i wasn't talking about your pics. Your one as well as prashants ok. I just made a mistake. Now i'm sure these dv6's are fine. BUT WHAT ABOUT LUCKY STARS???
@ishu - i love these dv4's and dv6's as much as you do. Just trying to make sure before buying.

Chill out Dude. Those faulty screens might me due to shipment or handling issues also. I dont know why so many people blame hp for the mistakes they make. Afterall a laptop is an electronic device and it has its limits that you need to respect. I have no problem with this laptop or HP service

sarthaktechgeek

Right off the assembly line
Have you installed the BIOS update? And are you running it in Performance mode?

Sorry for the late reply i was out of town..
yes i have updated the bios version to f1.a and the enabled switching mode to fixed..i run the game in high performance mode..but the fps is still the same..
i tell u the setting that i use...resolution 1366x768..antialiasing 8x anisotropic filtering 8x..texture quality extra..graphic card settings.
pls help me..earlier i was getting around 45 fps for these settings..
and one thing pls tell me how to know the version of ccc and how it can be updated.. i hv even tried reinstalling the graphic driver..

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
how can I lock and unlock the trackpad of 6121tx. When I'm touching the small rectangle on top-left, no thing is happening?!

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^thanks :)

One more question, how can know whether the Intel HD graphics or the ATI graphics is being used when I'm playing games?? or only on high performance mode the ATI graphics gets switched on??

house?

Broken In
^^thanks :)

One more question, how can know whether the Intel HD graphics or the ATI graphics is being used when I'm playing games?? or only on high performance mode the ATI graphics gets switched on??

Yes, if you are using dynamic mode only in the high performance the ATI graphics get switched on, in fixed mode right click on the desktop and click on 'Configure Switchable Graphics' and there you go, it should be right in front of you

ron_devon

Broken In
The time i uninstalled most of the bloatware from HP in my 6121tx, I guess HP Coolsense was also removed. But now that i re-installed HP Support Assistant, and when I tried Coolsense, the wizard says it is not supported for this model..!!

What do i do? How do I get it to work? Help anyone!?

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
Guys Please Help. Wierd issue on my 6121tx. I am running the graphics in "Fixed mode" (BIOS settings wala). Now, when i goto "configure Switchable graphics", it has two optio to switch from "high speed graphics and Power saving graphics".

The problem is it used to work, ie i was able to switch from one to another. But, now its not working. Clicking on them doest nothing. But, reinstalling solves the issue. But, yet again it comes back in some days. What is this issue? I have reinstalled my drives so many time.

I generally run in "Power Saving GPU mode". but when the problem occurs it not only prevents me from switching, also battery drains quickly as if it were on "high GPU" mode.

Uninstall then Reinstalling drives solves everything but problem keeps coming back. What could be the issue?

house?

Broken In
btw on a different note, when iam gaming or the lappie is on hours, i usually remove the battery...iam wondering whether is it just me ?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
btw on a different note, when iam gaming or the lappie is on hours, i usually remove the battery...iam wondering whether is it just me ?
Some people do this. Saves battery life. I don't. A battery is too cheap to put my work and HDD at risk.

CloudS

Broken In
now in the confusion list, 6017 gets added too.
Why are there these 3 models with just HDD difference and GPU memory which does't make any difference?

Oh... Just saw 6017 is discontd.

BTW, is there any point of negotiating with croma for goodies. They, perhaps by default provide none.

Top Bottom