the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
how will it effect the HDD :? . . ???
A power cut will shut down the laptop. This might kill the HDD (its v rare) or but it can def corrupt data.

now in the confusion list, 6017 gets added too.
Why are there these 3 models with just HDD difference and GPU memory which does't make any difference?

Oh... Just saw 6017 is discontd.

BTW, is there any point of negotiating with croma for goodies. They, perhaps by default provide none.
No harm in trying

Prongs298

In the zone
Guys i do not want to be a spoilsport, but i just checked a guys dv6 (but it was no 6***tx, it was a rs 40k one) and i tried turning just the monitor off in his laptop and the logos light was bleeding through the screen. I could see it clearly. And anyone who goes to buy the dv4 or dv6 should check this before buying.

@prashant and aniket - are you sure guys that your laptops have no bleeding?? And if they dont have the bleeding problem, can you guys please PM me the exact addresses of the shops you bought from so that i will go exactly there and then buy?? I really want this laptop.

Prongs298

In the zone
Ok maybe it wont, but its driving me crazy that this defect will be there!! Cant we turn it off or maybe cut some wires???

aniket.cain

Padawan
Guys i do not want to be a spoilsport, but i just checked a guys dv6 (but it was no 6***tx, it was a rs 40k one) and i tried turning just the monitor off in his laptop and the logos light was bleeding through the screen. I could see it clearly. And anyone who goes to buy the dv4 or dv6 should check this before buying.

@prashant and aniket - are you sure guys that your laptops have no bleeding?? And if they dont have the bleeding problem, can you guys please PM me the exact addresses of the shops you bought from so that i will go exactly there and then buy?? I really want this laptop.

Sorry for replying late. I didn't see this post. Well, I just turned off every light in the room, including cell phones, and covered the LEDs on the laptop. Now, I noticed that there really is some bleeding from the logo. It is there on the bottom right corner, but it is so faint, that it is almost unrecognizable. And, it is to be expected as the logo lights up the screen from the behind. However, it should not be a problem, as the screen itself is LED backlit. :p
On a serious note, I don't think it is a matter of concern. I didn't even bother to read the forums where it was discussed. If it was harmful to the screen, no company would put it there. Even MacBooks have a shining apple logo on the back of the screen.
Again, sorry for wrong information that I provided earlier, but it is so faint, that I missed it. It is only visible in pitch black, and if I take a pic of it, it comes totally dark.

Prongs298

In the zone
Thank you so much for the nth time guys ! :)

And can you all please enlighten me about how hard or easy it will be to open the lcd and take the logo led's out OR maybe disconnect some wire from the mobo to the screen lid so that it goes off ?

house?

Broken In
Sorry for replying late. I didn't see this post. Well, I just turned off every light in the room, including cell phones, and covered the LEDs on the laptop. Now, I noticed that there really is some bleeding from the logo. It is there on the bottom right corner, but it is so faint, that it is almost unrecognizable. And, it is to be expected as the logo lights up the screen from the behind. However, it should not be a problem, as the screen itself is LED backlit. :p
On a serious note, I don't think it is a matter of concern. I didn't even bother to read the forums where it was discussed. If it was harmful to the screen, no company would put it there. Even MacBooks have a shining apple logo on the back of the screen.
Again, sorry for wrong information that I provided earlier, but it is so faint, that I missed it. It is only visible in pitch black, and if I take a pic of it, it comes totally dark.
I cant even notice it, but i agree with you , even if its there...i dont see how it harms the screen or affects me :blank:

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent

And can you all please enlighten me about how hard or easy it will be to open the lcd and take the logo led's out OR maybe disconnect some wire from the mobo to the screen lid so that it goes off ?

Why would you do that? The laptop looks sexy with that backlit logo. Super sexyyyyyy. And why on earth would you ever use your laptop when the screen is off???

aniket.cain

Padawan

I think here is a guide. Just to open the LCD. You might find a way to reach the logo after this:
How to replace broken LCD screen on HP Pavilion dv6 laptop >> Inside my laptop

One more:
How to remove LCD screen and inverter from HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop

But seriously, DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!

Prongs298

In the zone
Thanks. And for why i wanna do this ? This might seem strange, but i will do it because it will drive me crazy knowing that there is something on my machine which shouldn't be. :)

Last edited:

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Thanks. And for why i wanna do this ? This might seem strange, but i will do it because it will drive me crazy knowing that there is something on my machine which shouldn't be. :)

Hunting for a "non bleeding" laptop might be easier. Also if you open the screen, just place a piece of black paper behind he logo so that light does not bleed

Top Bottom