the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

paw1

Broken In
Use HDMI or DVI.

Ok i've tried it with HDMI. It is the same. Then i borrowed my friends sony vaio and tested it out on his monitor(same as mine Benq e2200HD) with the HDMI, and to my surprise, the problem exists even there.

I noticed a grey ghost cursor to the right of the cursor. It doesn't really exist(checked by prnt screening), but is clearly visible.

I've never encountered such a problem when i was using my PC(8800GT) to connect to my monitor (using DVI).

Any clues?

*i54.tinypic.com/smy1l1.png

Photo shows the ghost cursor :/

Last edited:
I am using HP Pavilion dv6 6140TX. When I start Counter Strike, it gives me an error--"Available Memory less than 15MB!!"..

what is the issue here....my physical memory usage isnt too high and I am not even using my graphics processor for any other reason...

am I missing something??

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
@williamcharles
For Vista users or 64-bit users jus set the compatibility of the game to Windows XP - SP2 by right clicking on the game icon...

its not a laptop problem but a czero error ...

it is also observed on system with 4gb RAM ..
Make older programs run in this version of Windows

mayank_cr7

Broken In
Hey guys, I bought DV6-6121tx a couple of days back and i'm loving it (though it overheats a bit while gaming).

I've been having a slight problem lately.
The laptop screen has a bluish tinge on every application (game, wallpaper, videos etc)

I thought it would be gamma problem, and i tried to calibrate display colour. But when i reached the gamma section, and tried to move the slider to change gamma level, some problem occurred and this message was displayed :

"Display Colour Calibration can't calibrate the selected display. The parameter is incorrect."

Please help me guys ! :?

tejasxs

www.gogiz.in
Ok i've tried it with HDMI. It is the same. Then i borrowed my friends sony vaio and tested it out on his monitor(same as mine Benq e2200HD) with the HDMI, and to my surprise, the problem exists even there.

I noticed a grey ghost cursor to the right of the cursor. It doesn't really exist(checked by prnt screening), but is clearly visible.

I've never encountered such a problem when i was using my PC(8800GT) to connect to my monitor (using DVI).

Any clues?

*i54.tinypic.com/smy1l1.png

Photo shows the ghost cursor :/

try altering the intel graphics setting (even if you are using 6770m),
i connect my lap to SONY NX500 (tv) 1080p via hdmi, its works perfectly fine, but i have to adjust the zoom setting (in intel graphics properties)every time i connect.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys, I bought DV6-6121tx a couple of days back and i'm loving it (though it overheats a bit while gaming).

I've been having a slight problem lately.
The laptop screen has a bluish tinge on every application (game, wallpaper, videos etc)

I thought it would be gamma problem, and i tried to calibrate display colour. But when i reached the gamma section, and tried to move the slider to change gamma level, some problem occurred and this message was displayed :

"Display Colour Calibration can't calibrate the selected display. The parameter is incorrect."

Please help me guys ! :?

Reinstalling intel gfx drivers might help

mayank_cr7

Broken In
Reinstalling intel gfx drivers might help

How to do that ??

Why can't i run FIFA 12 (demo) on max settings on my dv6-6121tx laptop.
FIFA games do not take much memory but while playing on the laptop, the game stutters most of the time. Hence, gameplay is ruined.

P.S. I have already updated to the latest BIOS, and i run the game when laptop is using ATI 6770M graphics card.

Please help.

ron_devon

Broken In
I was browsing the Hp India site and to my horror, I couldn't find the HP envy or HP pavilion series' (dv6 or g) listed on the products page!! :shock:

So have these series been dropped?
Just having bought my dv6-6121tx a week ago, this has made me feel really disgusted and also outdated (just in name though) :?

Rather there was the Probook and Elitebook series. :cry:

aniket.cain

Padawan
I was browsing the Hp India site and to my horror, I couldn't find the HP envy or HP pavilion series' (dv6 or g) listed on the products page!! :shock:

So have these series been dropped?
Just having bought my dv6-6121tx a week ago, this has made me feel really disgusted and also outdated (just in name though) :?

Rather there was the Probook and Elitebook series. :cry:

Well, that was because you were visiting the 'For Small and Medium Business' page. You should have looked into 'Home and Home Office' page. Here you go:
Laptops and Notebook Computers from HP India

house?

Broken In
hey, iam playing deus ex, ive played the game for a quiet a while now and now suddenly iam getting this fatal error on start up...and on clicking on the 'extended information' its some drm error, now someone in edios forums posted that is a RAID problem...and that makes sense, because the game was working perfectly fine till now, so anyone can me help with this RAID thing?
and i wouldnt care this much if the game wasn't worth it :mrgreen:

mayank_cr7

Broken In
@mayank_cr7 try reinstalling the drivers and updating them...gete fraps and tell wats the recording...

I tried on FIFA 11, and I'm getting 60fps.
Is that good ?

Though graphics is good, But still i get somewhat stuttering gameplay.
:?

Please help somebody!
I even updated the CCC version to 11.8.

And one more problem; When i try to update my graphics card driver, i get the following error message.
*img84.imageshack.us/img84/5176/unledte.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Top Bottom