the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

richie

Right off the assembly line
hey 1stly Congrts on ur purchase , dude did u changed d gfx mode from dynamic to fixed in bios ? if not do dat first , then change ur gpu from intel to ati radeon by choosing high performance in ccc... u can consider Coolermaster U3 (has 3 adjustable fans) or Coolermaster Ergostand (4 usb ports & speed control & adjustable hieght )[/QUOTE]

thnx man..playin mw3 nd luvin it..d nly ting i reeely wantd more wz a 1080p screen wudv bin a life changer :cry:..nd ya i changed d gfx mode nw its 6.9:razz:!!!! i wz tinkin of upgrading my ram to 8 gb is it ne gud?...nd also can the Ergostand b comfortable for usin on da lap???...coz i heard d u3 is def not...

saurav4128

i have ordered a hp dv6-6165 laptop from flipkart for 54800. but now they have updated the price of this laptop to 58k. I m yet to receive this product and will be delivered to me in 2 days. Anyways i just read all these posts and seriously i didnt know so much can be to improve the performance of the laptop.

vishu22

Broken In
Thank you.

I thought there were 4 slots for RAM? Anyway, I think upgrading to 8GB will be enough for the time being for me.

der were only 2 slots for ram ...... & yup 8 GB will b more than enough :mrgreen:

thnx man..playin mw3 nd luvin it..d nly ting i reeely wantd more wz a 1080p screen wudv bin a life changer :cry:..nd ya i changed d gfx mode nw its 6.9:razz:!!!! i wz tinkin of upgrading my ram to 8 gb is it ne gud?...nd also can the Ergostand b comfortable for usin on da lap???...coz i heard d u3 is def not...

ya u r right U 3 had some angle issues .... bt Ergostand is ok on lap .....if u want more comfortability u can check Coolermaster Notepal X2...

their is slight difference in speed & performance after adding another 4 GB Ram... so its up on u .....

Last edited:

ntomer

Broken In
i have ordered a hp dv6-6165 laptop from flipkart for 54800. but now they have updated the price of this laptop to 58k. I m yet to receive this product and will be delivered to me in 2 days. Anyways i just read all these posts and seriously i didnt know so much can be to improve the performance of the laptop.

You and swoosh were lucky to buy it for 55000; otherwise it's available everywhere for 57-58K only....

Urgent help needed...

I partitioned the hard disk to install Ubuntu on it, and it was all fine. But after I installed Ubuntu, though I would get Windows & option in Grub, it won't start. And even the recovery options (F11) won't work. And I haven't created the recovery disks :-(

I tried to install Windows 7 ultimate on it, but the installation won't recognize the hard drive; it asks for a SATA driver, and HP's web site don't have a sata driver.

So basically I am stuck with a new laptop which won't boot. Please help me out :-(

\N

I am seriously impressed by HP customer support. After this fiasco, I contacted them through chat on Monday and registered my complaint. They promised to send me the disks, and voila I received them yesterday. They were shipped from Singapore and yet I got them within 4 days of registering the complaint. Now my lappy is functional again :)

\N

deepuvjy90

hi ntomer, need a little help here... i cant create my recovery discs. after the second dvd some error pops up and it exits. so please help me out here on how to contact the hp people. btw, i cant find 6121tx in the support through chat option. so plz guide me. plz give me full details...

balkeet

Banned
does anybody here having problems of crashing and flickering playing battlefield 3 on dv6 6770m and sick of doing driver updates???

ntomer

Broken In
hi ntomer, need a little help here... i cant create my recovery discs. after the second dvd some error pops up and it exits. so please help me out here on how to contact the hp people. btw, i cant find 6121tx in the support through chat option. so plz guide me. plz give me full details...

Hi,

You select any laptop model you want in Pavilion DV6 category and give your product number/serial number. Begin chat and tell them your problem, they will do the needful.

\N

Prongs298

In the zone
@balkeet - i have those flickering issues in all the stalker games.

also have you updated the bios to enable manual switching.

nimish

i want to buy a hp dv6 6165tx in lucknow but it is available for 57k w/o accesories.

Should i wait for some time for the prices to get stable??
i mean to lessen down.

plz suggest any other lappy within this range itself ..

balkeet

Banned
i dont own a dv6 but i might drop the idea of buying a 6121tx since its 6770m is having issues and go for inspiron 15r 5110.Spending 52k on a gadget is no small amount and u expect flawless performance but 6770m has so many issues spilled over net.

vishu22

Broken In

dude just do it once again , i think dat error pops up while verifying of d disc ? , i also hav encountered dat error while verification of 1st disc , bt 2nd tym it was just fyn .... don't do anything on ur lappy while burning discs...

nimish

somebody please help me..:-o

should i buy a dv6 6165tx?
or should i go for lenovo z570?

please help me its urgent..
i have to purchase a lappy before my college opens..

any other good lappy b/w 50k ??

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
somebody please help me..:-o

should i buy a dv6 6165tx?
or should i go for lenovo z570?

please help me its urgent..
i have to purchase a lappy before my college opens..

any other good lappy b/w 50k ??

go for asus k53sv these are strong and better laptops

velociraptor

Broken In
:-o hello everyone i am rohan this is my first post in digit forums .i came to know about this thread from google while i was searching for the hp dv6 6165tx laptop i am going to buy this laptop in about 10 days. and i also am buying following items like razer death adder mouse,razer arctosa keyboard,cooler master notepal u3. i want to ask that is this stuff good or there can be better in this price range ?if there is any issue with this laptop?will the laptop cooler be able to cool this laptop ?i am currently in dehradun city and its always normal climate not so hot during summers . and how is the wifi connectivity of this laptop because i have to download movies etc from my college wifi so please help me
please my apologies if i have done any mistake in the post.:-o

balkeet

Banned
should i go for 6121tx or inspiron 15r n5110??
i fear 6121 for hp highest hardware failure rate of 25% as
opposed to dell 18% but specs of 6121 are more future proof
while dell is so reliable.

vijayantp

HP DV6 6165TX
hello guys
i got my hp 6165tx .

please tell me about heating issues in this laptop during gameplay.that's the only thing which worries me.and tell me the best cooling pad for 6165tx ??

which cooling pad can significantly reduce temperatures during gaming?
and should i keep laptop on ac power even if battery is fully charged??
please reply soon

sarathsnair

Journeyman
Guys,
i hav 6121tx. My HDD has Partitions as
System reserved
C: 582GB
D:Recovery
HP_TOOLS
i want to split 582GB C drive to C:180GB and 2 other data partitions without deleting Recovery and HP_TOOLS partitions. Please Help me

WebreX

HI Guys!:-o
I want to buy HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx.
I was going thru d thread n noticed many post abt its various issues.
Is it a good laptop o no.. considering it has DDR5 n graphic switch is fixed with the new BIOS update?
If not can you suggest me a good laptop with the same or higher config. my budget is 62k-65k?

Top Bottom