the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Updated the driver. WEI is same but looks turbo boost has been disabled. This problem occurred yesterday also and i removed the drivers and reinstalled the bios. Any other solution?

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Updated the driver. WEI is same but looks turbo boost has been disabled. This problem occurred yesterday also and i removed the drivers and reinstalled the bios. Any other solution?

Well first of all uninstall all display(ati n intel) drivers then uninstall all intel related drivers. Then restart and install all intel chipset drivers and ati drivers from the provided drivers folder in c drive restart and now install new ati 11.5b drivers... let me know if it works...

At last its done!!Fresh install...... :D
Witcher 2 here i come!! ;)

Do let us know how it runs on ur beast... :)

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
"but looks turbo boost has been disabled"
ok now am in the dark about this...some one please explain.... :(

The best way to check turbo boost is to download and run intel turbo boost monitor from Intel.com.
Then open any cpu intensive app, like a browser with 10tabs and see wheather the core speed gos beyond 2 ghz or not, if it goes above 2ghz then its fine if not then do as I said in my previous post...

evil_maverick

Journeyman
The best way to check turbo boost is to download and run intel turbo boost monitor from Intel.com.
Then open any cpu intensive app, like a browser with 10tabs and see wheather the core speed gos beyond 2 ghz or not, if it goes above 2ghz then its fine if not then do as I said in my previous post...

hmmmmm........Dwnldin it now..........

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I have decided to reinstall windows as drivers look to give problems. Using the recovery DVD will I get a fresh windows install or combined with bloatware

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
I have decided to reinstall windows as drivers look to give problems. Using the recovery DVD will I get a fresh windows install or combined with bloatware

You will get it with all the bloatware installed, if you dont have a copy of win 7 on DVD i suggest you download a copy of win 7 home pre from torrent and use your own key to install it...
And btw there are 3 recovery options in hp recovery dvd or manager, one formats all ur partitions to original state(450 for c +15 for recovery), other only formats c drive and other one i dont remember, look it up on hp support site... And you get a nice gui app (HP recovery manager only) when you boot from the dvd so you get help options and all too so its really easy to use...

evil_maverick

Journeyman
Success ....... :razz::razz:
Installed turbo boost monitor....and started a few apps simultaneously .....
and wala.....the monitor showed upto 2.7 ghz....yipeeee... :-o
:D

:doogone: rachit

forget windows!!
try dis --
Download | Ubuntu

or

software.opensuse.org: Download openSUSE 11.4

p.s personally wud prefer ubuntu..... :D

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Success ....... :razz::razz:
Installed turbo boost monitor....and started a few apps simultaneously .....
and wala.....the monitor showed upto 2.7 ghz....yipeeee... :-o
:D

:doogone: rachit

forget windows!!
try dis --
Download | Ubuntu

or

software.opensuse.org: Download openSUSE 11.4

p.s personally wud prefer ubuntu..... :D

Happy to help...

Btw how did Witcher 2 ran on ur beast ?

Does ubuntu have support for dual GPUs ???

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@ Maverick ; Rachit
Try T Monitor 1.03. It shows turbo boost on all 4 cores, Uses less RAM the Intel TB monitor and can disable Turbo boost also( this option reduces temperature by 5 degrees)

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
@ Maverick ; Rachit
Try T Monitor 1.03. It shows turbo boost on all 4 cores, Uses less RAM the Intel TB monitor and can disable Turbo boost also( this option reduces temperature by 5 degrees)

Thanks for the tip bro...
Edit: It displays "This processor is not supported" when i open it...

I think it should as long as you have proper drivers.

Cant find drivers for Intel GPU, can someone help ???

Guys please help me out with one thing, is there a way i can connect my laptop wirelessly to my home theater system ???

Ajinkya

Broken In
btw guys i forgot to tell u this but i dont know what went wrong when i installed 32 bit win 7 but it showed me 2.55GBs of total ram rather than 3-3.5GBs it should show, this is most ram i have seen reserved by win 7 32 bit!
Anybody else have the same prob ?
Thats because 32-bit cannot handle more than 3.25 gb of ram plus intel HD graphics also uses some extra memory when required (upto 1.5 gb depending on the settings ) hence it shows up as less !
my advice install 64-bit windows 7 !
(or try ubuntu , its awesome ! not gud for gaming tho)

Guys please help me out, is there a way i can connect my laptop wirelessly to my home theater system so that i can play songs from my laptop through it ???
yes u can . theres the iball bluetooth reciever :
Iball-products
navigate to :
Bluetooth Wireless Products>Bluetooth Audio Receiver
that should do the job.
alternatively you could use a Fm transmitter ( in case ur theatre has FM)
there's wi-fi too. but its a bit complicated.

sachin99

Broken In
Hey guys anyone knows about 6121tx.? Actually i wanted to buy 6017tx but the dealer is saying that hp has discontinued production of 6017 and asking me to buy 6121tx..Its config. is same as of 6017 but 640gb hard disk and 2gb 6770..at price of 56k.. Someone help me..

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys anyone knows about 6121tx.? Actually i wanted to buy 6017tx but the dealer is saying that hp has discontinued production of 6017 and asking me to buy 6121tx..Its config. is same as of 6017 but 640gb hard disk and 2gb 6770..at price of 56k.. Someone help me..

It was launched on 21st April. And it is not discontinued. 6121tx is a stipped down indian version. 2GB 6770 would have been awesome on 1080p display. You wont find any difference except for that extra 140GB. 640GB @7200rpm isnt bad though

apurvcn

Broken In
It was launched on 21st April. And it is not discontinued. 6121tx is a stipped down indian version. 2GB 6770 would have been awesome on 1080p display. You wont find any difference except for that extra 140GB. 640GB @7200rpm isnt bad though

Are u sure that the hard disk is 7200rpm?

Top Bottom