the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

soumyaxyz

Broken In
Guys , i have Little problem with " HP coolsense" !! I always sets "Coolest Mode" ,but after every reboot , Its Restore back to " Performance Optimized Mode"( blue dot on "" Performance Optimized Mode", after every reboots).....Why this happens ?? Why Its can not save our settings permentaly ??

I don't have any idea why it doesn't save settings permanently but why do u need to set it so?
I find the automatic switching pretty damn spot on [as in it switches to coolest mode as soon as the laptop starts to heat up(sorry nevr noted the cpu temp 4 the crossovr) and switchs back to Performance Optimized Mode in due time]

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Guys I have a problem..Earlier uopn pressing Fn+esc a window with serial no etc used to pop up..Also fn+b used to trigger beats ON/OFF...but now,nothing is happenning...Any idea why!??
Please help.

Hi everyone,

I m facing issues in my 6121tx while playing battlefield 3. The game starts but graphics doesn't load in fullscreen and it open a maximized window. The game seems to be working when I press (windows start+tab). Also the mouse doen't work in menu.

Any fixes for 6770m ?

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
^^Get the latest display driver;I had a similar issue with BF3,but an update to CCC v12.6 solved this problem.

Guys,anyone knows why Fn+Esc or Fn+B isn't working in my laptop??

velociraptor

Broken In
^^Get the latest display driver;I had a similar issue with BF3,but an update to CCC v12.6 solved this problem.

Guys,anyone knows why Fn+Esc or Fn+B isn't working in my laptop??

its not working in mine too i think that u have another window installed cz i have installed professional ,try installing drivers that are of hp ,,blah blah it may work but i am not sure,,,

Last edited:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
^^
I have Win 7 Ultimate 64bit on my laptop

edit-The shortcuts are now working.It happened becoz I had restricted an app in startup.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Guys, I have a query regarding my 6140.
The battery light (at the right side, next to the power connector)is always on. Even if the battery is drained completely, it is always white.
I dont remember since when it is acting like this, but its irritating at night.
Any solution to this?

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
which app please let me know....???

In msconfig,there was something called HP QuickLaunch.Permit it to run at startup.

Guys, I have a query regarding my 6140.
The battery light (at the right side, next to the power connector)is always on. Even if the battery is drained completely, it is always white.
I dont remember since when it is acting like this, but its irritating at night.
Any solution to this?

What happens while charging the battery,is it not red@??
Try this-take your battery out,and without any external power source connected,keep the power bytton pressed for about 1min.Then reconnect battery and check if it helps.

sachin99

Broken In
Guys, Please some1 help me..I own a 6121(Expired warranty)..My harddisk is showing some damaged sectors n SMART error in bios..I went to service centre he's charging 7k to replace my HD with 320GB spare n some 5k for warranty extension..

So if i buy a 320GB(from ebay 3.5k approx) HD n replace it myself n then after whether i will be able to claim for warranty extension??(OR is it possible to extend warranty first n then replace d HD for free??)

amargawade90

Fall In Love With HP 6165
Guys, Please some1 help me..I own a 6121(Expired warranty)..My harddisk is showing some damaged sectors n SMART error in bios..I went to service centre he's charging 7k to replace my HD with 320GB spare n some 5k for warranty extension..

So if i buy a 320GB(from ebay 3.5k approx) HD n replace it myself n then after whether i will be able to claim for warranty extension??(OR is it possible to extend warranty first n then replace d HD for free??)

If u Extend Warrenty first , Still They will Not allowed to u , replace HDD free of cost.........they will charge for it ( Not confirmed) , IMO , Please contact HP for that and ask same question them !!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Just don't tell them its defective. If ever they find it out, replace it by yourself and then apply to extend.

velociraptor

Broken In
hello friends please tell me a descent laptop cooler under 1k ..i cant extend my budget beyond this ....i will use my laptop for programming basically and use it on bed or ....lap so please tell me according to my requirements ,,,is cooler master notepal l1 good enough ???for my requirements

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^
If programming is what you are going to do, then a cooling pad is just a waste of 1k. I'm assuming you have the dv6 series - just use the Intel GPU when not gaming. That'll keep the temperatures nice and comfortable.

amargawade90

^
If programming is what you are going to do, then a cooling pad is just a waste of 1k. I'm assuming you have the dv6 series - just use the Intel GPU when not gaming. That'll keep the temperatures nice and comfortable.

Yes...........Used Only Intel GPU when not using heavy game , Full hd video editting etc. and Most important , Set HP coolsense to "COOLEST MODE" when ur on bed......this will help U better than any cooling pad !!!
Or use DESI jugaad , by putting two books side of laptop :-D ( this will reduce ur laptop temp. by ~5C when u playing any games)

velociraptor

Broken In
hey friends having dv6 is there minute amount of current flowing through whole body vz while charging it i can feel current thorugh whole body like above the lid and by sides of touchpad tell me whether is it a issue or not ,,,?
and also i wanted laptop cooler cz on bed running linux is quite hot i cant find any way to switch gpu successfully inspite of searching for 2 weeks ...

amargawade90

hey friends having dv6 is there minute amount of current flowing through whole body vz while charging it i can feel current thorugh whole body like above the lid and by sides of touchpad tell me whether is it a issue or not ,,,?
and also i wanted laptop cooler cz on bed running linux is quite hot i cant find any way to switch gpu successfully inspite of searching for 2 weeks ...

I also have some feels when its new ,Its feels like small vibration when u swipe u hand on it !! But after 1 Month , its gonne automatically !!
( But I Personally like this vibration feels , anyways)

velociraptor

Broken In
is it a earthing problem .....in the wiring of the house cz ,,,when i connect charger in college building ,,,i dont feel those vibrations

enkay3987

Broken In
hello friends please tell me a descent laptop cooler under 1k ..i cant extend my budget beyond this ....i will use my laptop for programming basically and use it on bed or ....lap so please tell me according to my requirements ,,,is cooler master notepal l1 good enough ???for my requirements

just get yourself a wooden board or something to keep your laptop on... that would be a cheap and nice solution.

amargawade90

Guys......After 2 weeks , Black screen errors come back again....... I tried to flash light on it but screen is fully OFF......One common think i notice is :: whenver black screen problem comes ....my laptop getting HOT and fan speed also too high !!

Top Bottom