the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

rider

as Kratos
Guys......After 2 weeks , Black screen errors come back again....... I tried to flash light on it but screen is fully OFF......One common think i notice is :: whenver black screen problem comes ....my laptop getting HOT and fan speed also too high !!

There is something wrong with your laptop dude. Call hp and explain your problems.

akshayb

Broken In
Guys,

I came across HP pavilion M6 at a HP store and i fell in love with the looks instantly, I wonder why it isn't there on HP's site.

Buy HP Pavillion M6 1005TX Laptops in Chennai India,Compare HP Pavillion M6 1005TX Laptops Prices,Best Online Deals in HP Pavillion M6 1005TX Laptops with specifications & reviews,Discount Offers & Buying Guides

Do you guys suggest the M6 or anything else? I'm really impressed by HP's DV and M series built quality.

rider

as Kratos
yea! it is one of the most good looking laptop by hp.
But first tell me your budget and requirement to buy laptop.

akshayb

Broken In
yea! it is one of the most good looking laptop by hp.
But first tell me your budget and requirement to buy laptop.

Thanks for the reply rider,

I have a budget of 50k (+3k if worth it), I need the laptop for watching movies, playing mid/high end games, surfing the internet.
I'm very keen on buying a laptop with great built quality, metallic touches and finishes like on the HP DV series and the HP M6. What do you suggest?

rider

as Kratos
Thanks for the reply rider,

I have a budget of 50k (+3k if worth it), I need the laptop for watching movies, playing mid/high end games, surfing the internet.
I'm very keen on buying a laptop with great built quality, metallic touches and finishes like on the HP DV series and the HP M6. What do you suggest?

umm as per the specs of M6 it has HD 7650M GPU which is made to enjoy latest games in low or medium setting. Don't expect good graphics like samsung np550 and dell inspiron special editions.
Samsung is the best for gaming, go to the market and check the laptop looks it is nicely designed but name metal made but it shines like it. :wink:

akshayb

Broken In
umm as per the specs of M6 it has HD 7650M GPU which is made to enjoy latest games in low or medium setting. Don't expect good graphics like samsung np550 and dell inspiron special editions.
Samsung is the best for gaming, go to the market and check the laptop looks it is nicely designed but name metal made but it shines like it. :wink:

I think you got the graphics wrong bro, its HD 7670M on the M6, I know that the Samsung NP550 has nVidia 650 and the inspiron 15R SE has 7730M and are superior than the HD 7670M on the M6, But do they make a lot of difference?

Say for example i get around 50fps on a high end game on the NP550 and 15R SE, will i be able to get around 45fps on the 7670M? or is the difference much more than that? I'm a noob in the gaming department so kindly help me out :oops:

The samsung NP550 scored less in the visual department, the 15R SE is repelling me by its thickness :-x

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
Hello Everyone, Hooh, I don't know when i'll get rid of all the problems, Anyway, coming to the point, As i bought HP dv6-6165tx on 10th July 2012 and since then i have faced BSOD twice , i dont know why, And while playing COD Black OPS the temperature rises and reaches to 82c sometimes( the game runs smoothly though) which is scaring me and while Modelling in Sculptris Software the temperature rises and reaches 70c to 75c. Here in Ranchi the temperature is 27c and this is not an ac room. While surfing web i get 50 to 55c, Should i use any cooler, if yes please suggest one below 0.9k INR . When i updated ccc to 12.6 the display driver name changed from 6770m to 6700 series. I have seen such problems in this forum so i think its related to the new driver 12.6. Isn't it ? Now it comes to warranty. I've heard that HP is giving two year extension warranty in Rs. 1300 ( I dont know if i am eligible for it or not as this model is discontinued now ). Thanks.

amargawade90

Fall In Love With HP 6165
Hello Everyone, Hooh, I don't know when i'll get rid of all the problems, Anyway, coming to the point, As i bought HP dv6-6165tx on 10th July 2012 and since then i have faced BSOD twice , i dont know why, And while playing COD Black OPS the temperature rises and reaches to 82c sometimes( the game runs smoothly though) which is scaring me and while Modelling in Sculptris Software the temperature rises and reaches 70c to 75c. Here in Ranchi the temperature is 27c and this is not an ac room. While surfing web i get 50 to 55c, Should i use any cooler, if yes please suggest one below 0.9k INR . When i updated ccc to 12.6 the display driver name changed from 6770m to 6700 series. I have seen such problems in this forum so i think its related to the new driver 12.6. Isn't it ? Now it comes to warranty. I've heard that HP is giving two year extension warranty in Rs. 1300 ( I dont know if i am eligible for it or not as this model is discontinued now ). Thanks.

When Playing Game , always put laptop on table( for better vantelition) and Switch on Fann/Open windows for Air.....
And u Can get 2 year Extended warrenty ( if u purchese before 90day) , but price will be nearly 4500-5500rs ( for me its costs me 5500rs)

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
When Playing Game , always put laptop on table( for better vantelition) and Switch on Fann/Open windows for Air.....
And u Can get 2 year Extended warrenty ( if u purchese before 90day) , but price will be nearly 4500-5500rs ( for me its costs me 5500rs)

Okay, Thanks. Even after keeping Laptop on Table and using a Chinese Notebook Cooler I'm getting that temperature.:-( Also I'm confused as just now one HP representative told that only within 12 days after purchase we can extend warranty :shock: That means I cant extend the warranty now ??:cry: From where can we extend the Warranty, I mean , from online or from Local HP showroom/dealer in Ranchi, Jharkhand. Does that cover Total protection i.e ADP.

samudragupta

Youngling
Okay, Thanks. Even after keeping Laptop on Table and using a Chinese Notebook Cooler I'm getting that temperature.:-( Also I'm confused as just now one HP representative told that only within 12 days after purchase we can extend warranty :shock: That means I cant extend the warranty now ??:cry: From where can we extend the Warranty, I mean , from online or from Local HP showroom/dealer in Ranchi, Jharkhand. Does that cover Total protection i.e ADP.

Is the coolest mode on in cool sense? Wheb i got the laptop i also gamed and temps reached 92. However ever since turning on thr coolsense mode temps are 75. For warranty extension call hp customer care.

velociraptor

Broken In
hey frns i want to add that corsair's 4 gb extra ram to my laptop please give me the link i tried to search it in the forum's previous pages but dint find it out .....have you played protoype 2 it uses 96%-98% of ram ,,,,so i thought to have 8 gb instead of 4 gb ...thanx in advance

rider

as Kratos
hey frns i want to add that corsair's 4 gb extra ram to my laptop please give me the link i tried to search it in the forum's previous pages but dint find it out .....have you played protoype 2 it uses 96%-98% of ram ,,,,so i thought to have 8 gb instead of 4 gb ...thanx in advance

Transcend DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (JM1333KSN-4G)
or
Corsair DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9)

And please do response of people what they ask to you? We are here to help each other.

I asked you about disabling radeon GPU in linux.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Guys,I'm planning to get a new m6 as a replacement for my fathers Vaio..Any idea about the price??I couldn't find it with any dealer

velociraptor

Broken In
Transcend DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (JM1333KSN-4G)
or
Corsair DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9)

And please do response of people what they ask to you? We are here to help each other.

I asked you about disabling radeon GPU in linux.

thanx bro but one thing to mention i use wifi in college so cant access wifi every day or internet ,,but i am sorry i could not reply to you ..now i have replied on that post u may check it out ..all the best ,,
and thanx btw have u played prototype 2 ???

guys i want to say one thing why is it that urs all dv6 get too hot like 80 ,90 c,,dont you all think that it is quite a high temp..??

thanx dude for the links but will you please upload a video on youtube how to insert the ram i opened the backside panel too see but ,,it looks complicated ,,,and also i dont wanaa messup with this so please....

rider

as Kratos
thanx bro but one thing to mention i use wifi in college so cant access wifi every day or internet ,,but i am sorry i could not reply to you ..now i have replied on that post u may check it out ..all the best ,,
and thanx btw have u played prototype 2 ???

guys i want to say one thing why is it that urs all dv6 get too hot like 80 ,90 c,,dont you all think that it is quite a high temp..??

thanx dude for the links but will you please upload a video on youtube how to insert the ram i opened the backside panel too see but ,,it looks complicated ,,,and also i dont wanaa messup with this so please....

yes, I'm playing prototype 2 but get bored after 2-3 hours of gameplay. It's just a good game to show-off not to play.
If you think your laptop is hot even in coolest mode of coolsense, do one thing call hp and tell your problem they will send you engineer regarding to this and he will change the thermal paste and believe me temperature will drop drastically. Also ask him to put your RAM on free slot. :wink:

Please give me link of that thread about linux gpu, i cant find.

Top Bottom