the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Gollum

Collector
Thanks to tell me about that, I'm not applying any thermal paste now. :-o

better safe than sorry

@gOLLUM
I agree,but then just because of that,I wont allow my laptop to run hotter.And thats the beauty of on-site services these days,They will only send an engineer,not a robot;You behave properly with him and it takes him nothing to generate a false report. :-D. He writes that everything is normal,and everything becomes normal.!!!

@ Rider
Dont worry bro.That hp approved thermal paste comes only with replacement boards.The service centres dont have them and use aftermarket cheap ones when you give them for service.:evil: If hp starts voiding the warranty,then I guess only a handful of laptops will be left with warranty.Moreover,I had a chat online with an hp engineer,he himself suggested replacing original paste with market ones if the unit heats up.He used the term" 3rd Party".

and you would wonder who I work for lol. But I see your point there. Its always good to get on the better side of the onsite tech. Be kind to them and they will get anything done for you.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
better safe than sorry

and you would wonder who I work for lol. But I see your point there. Its always good to get on the better side of the onsite tech. Be kind to them and they will get anything done for you.

Whom do you work for??:-o

Last edited:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
There is no harm in using.Absolute Zilch risk.

Earlier,in coolsense performance mode/hp recommended power mode,my lappy's cpu used to idle in between 52-58'C and under load used to go till 95'C
Now after using AS-5,it idles in between 42-48'C. and under load the maxm recorded now is 83'C. These temps are without cooling pad in a non ac room.
In coolsense,the temps further get down by about 5-8'C.
I dont see any harm in running my lappy cool.

And dont worry,hp WILL NOT void warranty for that.Just take care that the as-5 doent get spill on the mobo,because its conductive.

samudragupta

Youngling
guys my regular headphones dont seem to be working while gaming!!! they dont get detected.... are gaming headphones required for this purpose... i play when everyone is sleeping at home...

vgr

Broken In
This one: :8.882.2.3000.

Catalyst Control Centre also says no updates available.

Which version of ccc catalyst is that? 11.8? 11.10?
++is urs still on the switchable mode?

After disabling my turbo boost, I haven't quiet seen a considerable performance drop... except in certain parts of games where one moves out into the open but it's ok i guess... keeps the temperature below the 80 to 90 degree mark.....

samudragupta

Youngling
@shashi i have apples headphones and soundmagic e30. I have tried both the headphone slots in the laptop but the sound gets played via the laptops loudspeaker...

rider

as Kratos
I asked mods, admins who know much about hardware and all they said arctic silver 5 is sticky and electro conductive. They prefer cooler master TF 400, its better.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Yes,thats also a nice choice.The only demerit of as-5 of being electroconductive is that if it gets in contact with ur mobo,it'll damage it.But if it doesnt,then there's nothing to worry.
Another demerit of AS-5 over other pastes is that its curing time is very high.But once past that period,its performance is great.
CoolerMaster Thermal fusion 400 is a great choice for newbies and ppl who wish to be fully safe.Go ahead with it..:)

rider

as Kratos
Yes,thats also a nice choice.The only demerit of as-5 of being electroconductive is that if it gets in contact with ur mobo,it'll damage it.But if it doesnt,then there's nothing to worry.
Another demerit of AS-5 over other pastes is that its curing time is very high.But once past that period,its performance is great.
CoolerMaster Thermal fusion 400 is a great choice for newbies and ppl who wish to be fully safe.Go ahead with it..:)

Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound
two guy are suggesting me this. One said its the world's best cooling compound the best cooling performance is in noctua.

Should I put thermal paste on radeon GPU too?

Top Bottom