the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Dont know about noctua,but from what I kno,ARCTIC MX-4 is the best TIM available.Read the article in our sandybridge cooling pArt of our forum.

rider

as Kratos
Dont know about noctua,but from what I kno,ARCTIC MX-4 is the best TIM available.Read the article in our sandybridge cooling pArt of our forum.

I'm ordering Noctua NT-H1, it is non electrically conductive compound paste. Should I put that in Radeon chip too.

And tell me tips, how to manage that engineer to put that thermal paste if he decline my offer and start saying warranty voiding issue?

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Put it yourself,that's the best option in my opinion.Because I've seen some engineers think that the maximum amount of TIM they apply,the better.
Before putting your money,kindly have a look at the following links:-
1.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/142397-cpu-cooler-guide-sandy-bridge.html
2.80-way Thermal Interface Material Performance Test | Thermal Interface Material,Thermal Paste,Heatsink Compound,80-Way Thermal Interface Material Best Thermal Paste Heatsink Compound Cooling Performance Comparison Benchmark Tests

And yes,you need to put TIM on both; radeon as well as CPU,wait,I'll put up a picture in few min for your easy understanding.

rider

as Kratos
CPU Cooler Guide For Sandy Bridge!! thread owner tkin suggested me Noctua NT-H1.

Last edited:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
[URL=*imageshack.us/photo/my-images/403/13062012348.jpg/]*img403.imageshack.us/img403/5180/13062012348.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL]

Sorry for the grainy picture quality,it was from my nokia 5235.

rider

as Kratos
Thanks for the picture, it will also help to other dv6 owners. :-D

Did you applied paste with your hands using plastic sheet or just put and plugged.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Followed the applying instructions on AS site.
Arctic Silver Incorporated - Céramique 2

Arctic Silver Incorporated - Route to Product Instructions for Arctic Silver 5

However according to tests conducted onn benchmark review site,Noctua NT-H1 is rated as an avg TIM,AS-5 is rated best.
If you are prioritizing safety and going for non conductive TIM's,Cooler Master ThermalFusion 400 is my choice.
*benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=150&Itemid=62&limit=1&limitstart=12

Last edited:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
@shashi i have apples headphones and soundmagic e30. I have tried both the headphone slots in the laptop but the sound gets played via the laptops loudspeaker...

Try some other headphone or speaker system,a bad jack is what I'm suspecting.Because in my laptop,as soon as I plugin a headfon,loudspeaker of laptop automatically gets muted.

samudragupta

Youngling
Try some other headphone or speaker system,a bad jack is what I'm suspecting.Because in my laptop,as soon as I plugin a headfon,loudspeaker of laptop automatically gets muted.
its not an issue with the headphone jack coz other wise it works fine... but only while gaming it doesnt recognise it... BTW im playing BIA: hells highway

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
Is it true that HP has stopped manufacturing HP DV6- 6165tx and instead of that IVY Bridge CPU equipped Laptops are coming ?? I need HP Dv6 - 6165tx for my Graphics needs and Rendering works but not getting in local market in Jharkhand !!:shock:
Also I wanna reassure that Hp dv6 6165tx will suffice my needs ( 3ds Max, Autodesk Maya 2012, Zbrush, PS ) and Gaming or not , please tell me about it. Sorry for asking this question again and again but whenever I purchase any tech. gadgets i get cheated for example when i went for Nokia X2 after few months it had Sound problems etc. So please tell me whether it would be a right decision to go for Dv6 6165tx or not as i am hearing in this thread that Hp Laptops get heated very soon and even i dont know how to open the cabinet and apply any thermal paste or AS - 5 or something like that. I dont want to be looted or cheated after investing 58k on a laptop . I am also worried because 6 people has given 1 point out of 5 about DV6 6165tx in Flipkart. Please help me.

Last edited:

samudragupta

Youngling
Is it true that HP has stopped manufacturing HP DV6- 6165tx and instead of that IVY Bridge CPU equipped Laptops are coming ?? I need HP Dv6 - 6165tx for my Graphics needs and Rendering works but not getting in local market in Jharkhand !!:shock:
Also I wanna reassure that Hp dv6 6165tx will suffice my needs ( 3ds Max, Autodesk Maya 2012, Zbrush, PS ) and Gaming or not , please tell me about it. Sorry for asking this question again and again but whenever I purchase any tech. gadgets i get cheated for example when i went for Nokia X2 after few months it had Sound problems etc. So please tell me whether it would be a right decision to go for Dv6 6165tx or not as i am hearing in this thread that Hp Laptops get heated very soon and even i dont know how to open the cabinet and apply any thermal paste or AS - 5 or something like that. I dont want to be looted or cheated after investing 58k on a laptop . I am also worried because 6 people has given 1 point out of 5 about DV6 6165tx in Flipkart. Please help me.

I was in a similar dilema 2 months back... Members here convinced me to grt the 6165tx... And you know what i dont regret the decision.. Its an awesome piece of hardware... It doesnt heat because if the coolsense mode... Its available on flipkart... But members here including me would suggest you to get the new inspiron special edition with ivy bridge. Its much better than 6165...

rider

as Kratos
oh god why? laptop charger stopped working because of electrical fault at my home. All other things like speakers, modem get fused off. Anybody tell me what's the price of a new charger 120W.

@gaurav better to wait for a month, hp is going to upgrade models with ivy bridge 35w processors and nvidia GT 650M 2 GB soon.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
can anyone explain what's up with hp india website.
HP Pavilion dv6-7000 Entertainment Notebook PC series
why is the i5 model costlier than ivy bridge i7 models?
why aren't they upgrading the dv6 series with i5 processors?

rider

as Kratos
wait for the new updates, website may be in some error showing wrong prices. Hp is upgrading new laptop series within a month. For now only dell is selling new 3rd gen processors for gaming purpose.

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
@samudragupta : As i checked the new Inspiron Laptops SE they are equipped with only Nvidia gt 640m and ATI HD 7730 2gb ICC ( I dont know what is ICC ) and I think these are ddr3 while in case of ( HP DV6 6165tx) ATI HD 6770m its ddr5, ( i think ddr5 is better, isnt it) and in most laptops Nvidia gt640m is available only and i've heard that Autodesk MAYA viewports do not work properly in Nvidia cards , on the other side ATI cards can handle gaming as well as Rendering and CAD works smoothly ( I got this information in the THINKDIGIT forum ).

@Rider : If HP is going to upgrade the hardware , won't it affect the price also, it might increase also, and my Budget is Rs 58k only. Is Nvidia gt 650m better than Radeon 6770m ( For Rendering Works ) ?

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
6165tx is an old model. I bought it 7-8 months ago, now it is permanently discontinued couple of months ago.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is anybody notice that our thread is bigger that laptop queries thread? :p

Top Bottom