The Great Indian Dream

Sarath

iDota
This is downright disgusting.

I asked my friend, whether he have given Vote or Not in the current year election.
He replied me, saying if the local MLA is not paying them, there's no point is giving vote to them...even others also supported him.

This guy has completed his M.Tech in Electronics.Comm & working for a MNC & his reply was so cheap which is not expected from a educated person & his dumb friend supporting him.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
+100 here.

You actually can't stop it, coz the corruption has been created/done by those people who are so called the leaders of India, they do have the power to hide their non sense from media but it won't stand for long.

India and their crap Government need to learn how to respect every single Indians rather than eagerly trying to empty pocketing them.[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
There are more than one reason why India is still a 3rd rated country, all the reasons will take a full day typing, and I don't have time :p

At the end, as Goten said, I really don't feel proud to be an Indian at all. :sad:
How can you make such a broad abstract statement? Our Government may be slow, inefficient or may make bad decisions. But that does not mean that our government is crap. The so-called hype of corruption is full of misconceptions. Very, very few subset of government officers are actually corrupt. We do have hardworking people at the ministry and everywhere else. Anna Hazare is doing his best to remove the small corrupt subset.

You should be happy that atleast we have democracy -> Better than the dictatorship of the British. We are recovering albeit at slow rate.

So in my opinion, do not make such abstract or general statements. You can of course point out to the subset/and/or people you know are corrupt. But not everyone is and not everyone wants to. There are a million people in india who want corrupt free nation. And democracy will help us in achieving that. Have patience.

I agree with you to a certain extent that we are unable to cope up with problems like poverty and education. It is just a matter of time. Hardly 50 years have passed by since we are independent. Compare the situation of India in 1960s and in 2010. It is certainly better.

And +1 -> The mentality of old age people is traditional and they think of technology as a waste of time.

There are more than one reason why India is still a 3rd rated country, all the reasons will take a full day typing, and I don't have time :p
The World is open. If you say India is a 3rd rated country, why are you living here then? Go to the US!
You would find every 9/10 citizens in US having relationship issues.

Coming on to Education, well the whole system - wherever you go - tests your memory rather than knowledge/concepts. So Ideally, none of the education systems are "better". If you want to compare the syllabus - India has some of the best. And remember all those great discoveries - Trigonometry, Geometry, Surgery, Algebra - all have their roots in India. Medicine, living, culture. Name it.

You can think of a million reasons when you are on criticizing something. It takes more effort to look into our own plate and appreciate its beauty.
I asked my friend, whether he have given Vote or Not in the current year election.
He replied me, saying if the local MLA is not paying them, there's no point is giving vote to them...even others also supported him.

This guy has completed his M.Tech in Electronics.Comm & working for a MNC & his reply was so cheap which is not expected from a educated person & his dumb friend supporting him.

Wonderful. The corrupt politician who "Buys" votes will no longer get his votes and so he wont be elected.! (Just being sarcastic) :-(

Last edited:

sygeek

Technomancer
Increase in Education Quality and reduction of corruption which would lead to less Geniuses being exported to foreign countries. That may give us a shine of hope for the REAL development of this country. To what I've been observing these many years, India may have increased the development technically but the quality of this development still isn't worth it.

mukeshgupta

Broken In
In ref to the question asked, i think many have it right. Green technology and a cheap technology to power our growth is the first on the list. Some technology which can be powered by nature (something available in abundance) like, air, water or solar power.

Other stuff that would help are eradicating illiteracy, compulsory education for the youths, removing all sorts of reservations and increasing opportunities for the deserving, trying to get rid of the corruption in public life.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Dreams will always remain dreams untill we get a Corruption free Govt.(ok no country is fully clean) but the extent to which India is corrupt is disintegrating the country.

Tech&ME

Banned
Hydro power projects in India is going on in some parts of Arunachal Pradesh, but political drama, mafia, is taking over it.

India will never get what it deserves, even if they make such Hydro Power Projects, It will become an EPIC FAIL because of its OWN people, who are selfish , greedy , inhuman.....

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
More quality higher-education. Shouldn't have people committing suicide every year cuz they didn't get into an IIT or NIT.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
My dream is create software development company in India, which will be known all over the world.

What actually you will be creating.

A little light over your exact goal might help us better understand your The Big Indian Dream.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eliminate all borders in the world and equally share all resources for the betterment of human kind.. Kill patriotism and embrace humanity

Also, instead of things like: "what can we invent to make india better" I think it should be a : "What can we invent to make humankind better, thus benefiting all countries that need the invention and involve people from everywhere"

Something on the line s simliar to the philosophy by Karl Marx,Lennin I read about in hi school history book.

Thats too bookish.

Being more practical and vigilant to the current gen problem might prove more helpful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+100 here.

You actually can't stop it, coz the corruption has been created/done by those people who are so called the leaders of India, they do have the power to hide their non sense from media but it won't stand for long.

Here goes the main problem. We are so jealous of USA. We always try to find a single fault of USA rather than our own. Why can't we just accept that U.S.A is a far more better country than us
and Education? Well our Education system sucks. All the student from A+ rated institutes tries to get a job in the Western countries, why? coz they are intelligent and know life can be far more comfortable there than here. So it basically doesn't matter that a 8th grade student of India has the IQ of a 12th grade of USA student when India don't even know how to keep their own students in the country..
and one more thing the mentality of Indian people especially the old aged ones are Pathetic. I some times get confused that are living in 2011 or stone age still? and also India and their crap Government need to learn how to respect every single Indians rather than eagerly trying to empty pocketing them.

At the end, as Goten said, I really don't feel proud to be an Indian at all. :sad:

I totally Agree.

There is nothing Special About Being Indian.
===============================================================================

Too much can be said here.

Coming back to topic
Millions of debates and arguments can be put up.

Thats what we people are best at.
Being Complacent .

The topic is too much overwhelming to speak about and at the same time Very Depressing One.
Just Dont want to think about it.Speak about it.

"For us indian to achieve something which First World States like US ,UK are already having for years is development" ----Raabo Mentioned Long time Back.

Thats the clear scenario of our country.

Wont be speaking about miserable and hopeless Politicians(read corrupt) of our country.

The Great Indian Dream...hmmmm...First we Indians need to have our dignity back which we have lost by pitying over our own condition and seeking warm comfort in Finding one way or other to dig at the names developed countries.

First earn your greatness then put your Great Indian Dream!People.

===============================================================================

Anna Hazare is doing his best to remove the small corrupt subset.

Sadly he is the only one standing for this movement.Of over 1billion people in the country a 60+ yr old made an advancement to do something against corruption.For last 60 years country has been asleep.Putting in the name of One man aint a proper soln bro.

You should be happy that atleast we have democracy -> Better than the dictatorship of the British. We are recovering albeit at slow rate.

History iS gone.
Talk about present and if possible compare India and Britain of 21st Century.

There are a million people in india who want corrupt free nation. And democracy will help us in achieving that. Have patience.

They just want it and thats the problem.They want it like anything.Not ready to do something. Its patience we have been holding to and still are from last century.
If waiting would have been a solution, 50+ years had been more than enough for something to happen !

And +1 -> The mentality of old age people is traditional and they think of technology as a waste of time.

Bull$###

The World is open. If you say India is a 3rd rated country, why are you living here then? Go to the US!
You would find every 9/10 citizens in US having relationship issues.

Thats all you have got to say to that.Go to US.Runing away is not solution. And if it had been possible for everyone...the half(or more) of indian population would have already migrated to us,uk..but sadly escaping is not possible.!!!

Coming on to Education, well the whole system - wherever you go - tests your memory rather than knowledge/concepts. So Ideally, none of the education systems are "better". If you want to compare the syllabus - India has some of the best. And remember all those great discoveries - Trigonometry, Geometry, Surgery, Algebra - all have their roots in India. Medicine, living, culture. Name it.

A fixed rote syllabus for engineering and docs.
Thats all indian edu has got to offer.
In india education means physics,science,maths..intellect.....Let creativity and passion of students eat **** in hell!!!:facepalm:

Last edited:

patrick4

Chief
The best and greatest minds of India generally immigrate to foreign nations for recognition and money.. Stats prove that almost 30% of the biggest companies interlectuals are Indians including (Intel engineers, Microsoft, NASA scientist and lot more)..

The dream should be to prevent this brain drain and retain the best and brightest in India.

There are many examples of such folks trying to do good for the nation by means of joining IPS, IAS, ISRO and many other institutions willing to contribute, but they get sidelined and due to the mass corruption and selfish agenda of govt officials and politicians.. and are forced to seek recognition elsewhere.

revolt

Banned
My dream is to rule over the entire world (well almost..say mainly northwest,northeast and southern countries):D

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
my dream is to have GOKU like powers..... :twisted:

ok now for india part i think think gov can host drive in cinema type shows to teach free and anyone can watch it... next ubislate like gadgets are all just waste if the gov impose censorship.....

logout20

Journeyman
Education to everyone in my country..once everyone get educated..he/she know about his rights and responsibility.it prevent them from Corruption and exploitation.Education is the key here.

d3p

PowerHouse
Education to everyone in my country..once everyone get educated..he/she know about his rights and responsibility.it prevent them from Corruption and exploitation.Education is the key here.

The Main problem being everyone educated in India have a Different scene scenario.

Example :

What will happen, if "The Right Hands & Left Hands of Politician knows, what is human rights & how to escape after a crime is being convicted ??"

Do you think, the Rich people will get maids & Servants after everyone is Knowledgious ?? Do you think, someone will come & pick up your Garbage from your Door after completing his graduations ?? or even Worst MBA.

Do you think someone will even dream to become a Bus Conductor or Ticket Collector or Bus Staff after being well educated ??

You got to see both the sides of the Coin.

sygeek

Technomancer
The Main problem being everyone educated in India have a Different scene scenario.

Example :

What will happen, if "The Right Hands & Left Hands of Politician knows, what is human rights & how to escape after a crime is being convicted ??"

Do you think, the Rich people will get maids & Servants after everyone is Knowledgious ?? Do you think, someone will come & pick up your Garbage from your Door after completing his graduations ?? or even Worst MBA.

Do you think someone will even dream to become a Bus Conductor or Ticket Collector or Bus Staff after being well educated ??

There was a story in my Hindi literature book which describes this problem. In short, this is because we think that those who do brain work are superior to those who do labor work. And we can only get rid of this problem when we respect them equally and everyone partakes in both of these activities instead of just either of these.

logout20

Journeyman

Example :

yes...come to my village and i will show how many graduates and Knowledgious working at forms.......india me education hai to lekin jobs nahi hai...:-D
i'm too a mechanical engg but instead of going for jobs and mba and other sh*t i have chose my family business..because i saw too many berojgars around me.....i belong to such place where if you give 7k a month people will die for you.....so i choose exploiting people.......

and India have a Different scene scenario after your scenario..

majburi ka nam mahatama ghandhi...

here in my state government providing "1 rs rice,2 rs dal"..and MNREGA ..."Rojgar Gurantee".....now you imagine...just imagine .....

a person go to work at monday.....got 170 for his day work now what he does...he buys all the necessary stuff for his family for one week...........no no he wont save the money...he goes for alcohol...which is very cheap for him....only 30 rs.....so dont know go to work for the next 2 days...and his family wont mind it because they got what they need............same scenario if he came to work at my fields...now i've to give him 250 rs /day + 30 rs for alcohol because if i dont he wont come to work....Labour prolem......so in a way they exploiting me ...

to solve this i turned to those "not eligible for 1 rs rice plan group"...most of them are educated...bba,bca,b.a.....they came to my fields in compulsion........i give them 300/day for less pain in head....

they have knowledge but i've money

and education matbal ye nahi ki science,chemistry,physics.......atleast logo ko paper padhna aana chahiya....they should know about RTI,rte,rights.what govenment providing them....this is only possible through education.....

the Rich people will get maids & Servants after everyone is Knowledgious ?? Do you think, someone will come & pick up your Garbage from your Door after completing his graduations ?? or even Worst MBA.

sorry dude but as amir khan said "kam chhota ya bada nahi hota kam kam hota hai"......what if after doing mba he/she dont got job...ok exclude she.....he dont have any other choices..bharat me logo ki ye soch galat hai ki ek engineer ya ek mba sirf tie laga ke a.c. office me baithne keliye bana hai....yes nobody dreams but he has to prepare for it bacause of LIFE..and life f**ks all..

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ Completely agree with your opinion & You are doing a great job, how ever possible.

Life has a different defination in India...I guess thats the Great Indian Dream...

Flash

Lost in speed
To have a Government, that will really look upon the needs of "People of India", free of Corruption.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Life of indians will completely change if someone invented a cheap and efficient way/device to kill mosquitoes .

Hrishi

Formal education in our country has become very expensive , far from the reach of a common man. Right from a kindergarten to colleges , its all about money.
Its difficult for someone to complete higher education from a good college in India , if he hails from Middle-Class , is in General category and is above average/good student.

Top Bottom