The Final Debate....

What Should be done with the Nueclear deal?

• Withdraw it immediately

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Sign it immediately

Votes: 47 73.4%
  • Get the topic to a mass INDIA poll

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • !!! I AM SO DUMP TO TELL IT !!!

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As you all know, the Nuclear deal of India and america is going to be signed.
Express your views and comments....
My opinion is :
I STRONGLY OPPOSE IT

if you don't know what it is yet, refer the given links...
Vote for it.....

*www.hinduonnet.com/2006/06/16/stories/2006061602441300.htm
*www.usinpac.com/nuclear_deal/index.html

karnivore

in your face..
Voted in favour. It is not something that will bring in immediate benefit to India. In the long run, however, it will be beneficial to India.

Besides, you, being a thread starter, have not clarified why you strongly oppose it.

utsav

damn busy...
+1

I will call people opposing this deal the biggest a&& h?%*¤ .do u f*%%& know the state of india? China has 5 times more electricity production capacity than india. We will not improve at higher rate if this nuclear deal is not signed asap this nuclear deal wil hav several long term advantages too so y oppose it ?

Last edited:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Goobi vote for the last option first! Then ask for explanations!

The fact is that US in NOT the only supplier. Hell, they are even changing their law to make an exception for India. They need us against the Chinese and we need them and their energy as well. Chinese are a common enemy, so why not make the most out of it.

There are a number of other countries in NSG. A number of them would be happy to supply fuel. Take the French and Russians for example. Then there are British who might shout sh!t but at the end of the day shove it in and support Indians. The only people in NSG who are going conky with the bonkers are the Australians, Swiss, Swedish and may be the Norwegians.

We need this deal real bad. We have a really big energy crisis on the horizon and Nuc energy is one of the few feasible options we have.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
+1

I will call people opposing this deal the biggest a&& h?%*¤ .do u f*%%& know the state of india? China has 5 times more electricity production capacity than india. We will not improve at higher rate if this nuclear deal is not signed asap this nuclear deal wil hav several long term advantages too so y oppose it ?

+1 and i voted in favour.

dont understand whts teh problem if u get electricity..during power cuts all these ppl do is curse the govt.

^^ Looks like all the macboys are dumb when it comes to politics! I just voted for the last option... :)

oi not all :D:D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I think it is highly stupid for any of us to comment on this! The Left does not know all the details. No one does! Australia has already said no to supplying nuclear material to India. For one, the BJP hasn't been opposing it as vocally they do on other issues. The Left has withdrawn support. SP of all parties has pledged support, that too after considering Kalam. The deal has been made into a 'Muslims won't support you if you vote for it'. The whole thing is un-clear. The govt. of India has done the mistake that MS made with Vista. Bad marketing. No one knows squat about it!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
What I feel about the left parties is that they're indirectly supported by China for creating this dilemma over the deal.....

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
I am against it, I do care energy crisis in south-east asia. But I being more influenced by the Left; am concerned to supporting them. I find their reasons being equally justified. Simply put, I am a Left Fanboy. Now, thats a bold acceptance. :D Or maybe IronMan just turned green? :D

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
I am tempted to support the nuc deal.but at the same time ,concerned about USA gonna make us their puppets :confused:

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
We soo need the deal to ensure energy security for the future. We need power to continue our growth as a developing nation.

As for getting dependent on USA, India is already committed for trade, weapons and other tech stuff with US. So why shy away from the deal which will ultimately help the country?

Also its Quid Pro Quo in todays world.:D

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, this is just a DEAL....How will the US make us their puppets??

Canada, Australia and other countries have already said NO to supply us Uranium, Thorium for our reactors if we don't sign the deal.....And if we don't sign the deal, we won't even get the electricity which we are getting at the moment because we'll have no uranium for our reactors.......which is again a loss......Those left parties can't see our country progressing......Thats what I feel.....

Like the way blind Capitalism sucks, blind Communism sucks too.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom