The 'DONATE TO DIGIT' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^ I used the word "rants" to convey the feeling in the forum here to those above me, "complaining" or "whining" would (not) do as well, which is why I needed specific points... not on what you guys are doing here. I have a bad vocabulary, but don't have any high-handedness...
@amol48: Thanks, this really helps

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
When we take it up with our superiors, instead of saying "guys on the forum are ranting", it is much better to send a mail consolidating the points. desiibond's post was perfect for such purposes, but I consolidated everything rhitwick, Chirag, Krow and Aspire had to say, consolidated the points into a single mail, and sent it out. If nothing, will keep you posted on the reply.

Thank you Anorion for the Initiative.
As, a_rahim said, we have had enough martyrs, we need no more :-D

Rahim

Married!
Its so amusing when a mod asks us, whats the problem? Regular members would always react the way I did. The problem are all listed and have been written many times and despite that if you ask us "Whats the problem?", I will read it; give an evil wry smile and log off.

Carry on.............

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^I know what the problem is, and frankly, I share some of the same problems as well. I guess you are not understanding what I am saying. I can't just go and say "look these are the problems with the forum, fix them." I can't even go and tell tehm "look these are the problems people are facing in the forum, fix them." What I can do, is say, there are a bunch of problems in the forum, the specific issues are <issue in your words> posted by <username>, and there are so many people facing the same problem and voicing their opinions. Now instead of one person's word, they have one person pointing out the problem, and supporting it with the words of so many others. That is a somewhat better approach I guess.
However, I can understand giving up on something that does not get fixed after a long time.

:|After reading the almost the whole page i came to the conclusion that This so called "ThinkDIGIT Forum" Needs a makeover.:cry:

I suggest you the forum "Superiors" take a look at the TE forum and learn something. :!:

Krow

Crowman
^I know what the problem is, and frankly, I share some of the same problems as well. I guess you are not understanding what I am saying. I can't just go and say "look these are the problems with the forum, fix them." I can't even go and tell tehm "look these are the problems people are facing in the forum, fix them." What I can do, is say, there are a bunch of problems in the forum, the specific issues are <issue in your words> posted by <username>, and there are so many people facing the same problem and voicing their opinions. Now instead of one person's word, they have one person pointing out the problem, and supporting it with the words of so many others. That is a somewhat better approach I guess.
However, I can understand giving up on something that does not get fixed after a long time.

To have an admin communicate is really unusual, and that does help in some way. Yes, it does require some tact and diplomacy when dealing with superiors. However, if the forum continues to be unfixed, I'm not sure how many of us will linger. You already mentioned the reason why many members left the forum. The stagnant OSS and Programming forums are a testimonial to this fact. Most senior members left due to the forum not being fixed for a long long time.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
^^Yeah..thats true. Many senior members left this forum, because of so many bugs. After opening the forum, it feels like we opened it for just seeing the advts. You guys keep on changing the position of the advt, but I dont think you'll remove these advt. WE DONT WANT ADS. Another thing, this forum opens too slow, compared to other forums.

Closing point: Its up to you (admins or mods) to fix this forum or else many members will leave this forum. Again, remove these damn ads.

OP
A

amol48

Searching...

Agreed! It's not that we never tried to 'convey' our problems in point-specific. Whenever and whatever we did it was ignored. This is one of those rare threads where admin is really interacting with us. I appreciate your help in this all but that's not all.

Like you said above, that you cannot say to your seniors that there are problems in the forum and that needs to be fixed but have to tell them that this username is facing these problems which others also have and blah blah. I just want to say, whatever way this thing works, it should not be difficult IMO. This forum has been since many years and it never faced problems till now. Why is it that this is happening only now!?

We never had any issues earlier such threads were never ever even seen on the forum. The fact that threads like this has become a daily routine, doesn't it explain my point? Is the new management to be blamed for all this then?

Look at this forum, I made a post in 'Fight Club' section somewhere around 3:45pm today and NO POST has been made since in that WHOLE forum! It's so deserted now. I mean doesn't the admins get this little thing also!?

I feel bad because I really liked this forum and cannot see it going down this way and hence the rants! I am sorry but I think this is purely the management fault and despite LOTS of previous efforts by my fellow mates this has been ignored and I am just giving MY last try. If it works then fine, otherwise I don't have any other option then!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Ok, I think some people on the forum itself preferred ads between posts to the ads on the sides. Anyone interested can always mail editor@thinkdigit.com for any kind of suggestions and feedback on the forums...

Look, Ads aren't a bad thing. Heck, even I'm trying to make money through them.

BUT

There is a better way to implement them. Look at TechEnclave forums. Ads are there too, but they are not at all intrusive and "IN YOUR FACE" like it is here.

Add to it a much faster db, lite on dial-up and no bugs in posting and that makes it 1 hell of a forum. This forum too was that way. I'm sure it can be brought back that way even now.

Just my 2 paise :)

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Lol, people actually told you that they would prefer ads between posts? Oh well! Can't we get back the old forum, like the phpBB days? Adsense works on clicks and not impression and none of us is going to click the ads but trolls/guests might. So, can't we have ad-free forum?

All I'm saying is that I'm pretty sure that the admins will give a deaf ear to our pleas (kudos to Anorian, but I think it won't help)

Atleast they can make the forum LOOK presentable and bandwidth-friendly? Go to TE, there ARE ADS but you barely notice them. Period.

Anyways, I do agree that they can make it ad-free atleast for members.

Krow

Crowman
I think its best to not hope/expect any improvement from Anorion's superiors, although many thanks to Anorion for making an effort on our behalf. Let's all use the Neat Digit Addon while browsing if we want to stay. I am promoting it through my siggy from now on. Anyone want to join me?

OP
A

amol48

Searching...
I think its best to not hope/expect any improvement from Anorion's superiors, although many thanks to Anorion for making an effort on our behalf. Let's all use the Neat Digit Addon while browsing if we want to stay. I am promoting it through my siggy from now on. Anyone want to join me?

It's not just about the ADs but also about the dozen of other bugs in the forum. The addo-on can't do anything for that, can it?!

Krow

Crowman
It's not just about the ADs but also about the dozen of other bugs in the forum. The addo-on can't do anything for that, can it?!
Personally, other than the double post bug and the extra loading time taken, I have not been inconvenienced by any other bug. Try the addon if you have not already. You will see a sea of change.

Just a humbe openion:--

How about starting a new thread named "DONATE TO DIGIT GAMPAIGN". I the context write -"Yes you heard it read it right. This is a DONATE TO DIGIT CAMPAIGN in which you all don't have to actually pay anything from your pocket. Just when you open the site or it's forum kindly click once or twice in any one of the ads. By doing this the maintanance stuff of this site will have enough money at their disposal and remove the annoying ads. I suggest you all start doing it now for a better "NEAT DIGIT" tomorrow."

Lets start now......:|
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
I'm starting RIGHT now.

Last edited:

Rahim

Married!
^Say it in Obama's style, "Yes We Can!!!!!!!!!" :D

@jojo: Kahiin tu sab paisaa kha toh nahin jayega? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.