The Dead Space Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Turning OFF V-Sync too didn't help me. Infact that was the first thing I did. Just one level with mouse+keyboard & then I instantly switched to the controller. Don't turn off mouse acceleration from Windows.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
lets see when I boot xp to play again. If it works then good but if not then I will wait for controller alternative.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^:D:D:D

well it seems I can't aim well. Of course for early necros its fairly easy to shoot but later it will be impossible. It gave me the same feel as The Godfather game, both are using same engine.

I will try this game with a controller.

well...so i played it for around one hour today. AI is not smart, I could keep on running and they will follow me like fools. Shooting is easy till now, i can aim fairly well those nuts. Playing on medium difficulty.

Died once cuz of damn camera spinning in elevator, necro was waiting for me outside and I was posing my bum at him lolz.

It reminded me of The Thing. Some necros act like dead but when you come near they will charge upon. But fooled some to come near the exploding shells and then blasted them for good.

Upgrade plasma cutter for 2 slots and damage. I'm still testing whether vertical mode works better or horizontal, AFAIK horizontal is much better. It takes 3 to 4 blasts to kill them. Nude ones are easy not much faster but army ones lols much around.

Last edited:

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
will the game run on the following config at 1024x768..?

AMD 64 3500+
2GB DDR 400
7300 GT 256 MB DDR2

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
WTF ?? I thought this game was the next best thing since mario or contra ... But then i was very disappointed by this game .Ok maybe not that much but then the game was very repetitive u do the same thing throughout the game .go here, go there ,repair this kill that . Only the babies ( the smallest necros ) were scary that too as they had a ranged attack ... Also the greenish slimy ugliest of all necros were a challenge ... LOLZ they also had suicide bombers !!.. Surely the gameplay was awesome but that's about it .... The story has been repeated many times in games,movies etc.

The necros were the undead but does that mean that they do not use brains or what ...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
i got pulse rifle chapter two getting the defibrillator to remove the blockades. Its fun action but not scary so far, predictable at times. Just watch out for Shafts and those fan openings.
Got level 2 suit too. Necromorphs are stupid, one was standing there until I pulled its leg.

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I have currently kept this on hold @Chapter 4.

Got Bully, Fallout 3, CoD4 MP, BioShock (last level) to complete and CoD5 coming up. And you can also have a look at my user title :(.

hahahari

In the zone
My exmas are already running 2 down 4 to go. But I got all the following

Fallout 3
Farcry 2
Crysis Warhead
Dead Space
GRID
COD5

Got help me in the exam hall :D

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I played this game at my friends home ! I Got bored easily !!

The Menus in the Air are pretty nice. Sound is nice. No great though, these days all games pack superb 5.1 :) !
Same old Story, at least in the opening part that i played. Not engaging.
There should have been a option to play game in 1st Person Mode !!!

Not Recommended to casual gamers.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
I am loving this game. One of the best games of the year. Gameplay is great. Reminds me a lot of bioshock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom