The Dead Space Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
it's got repititive and predictive now. Shoot those limbs as fast as you can, look for shafts...lol. I will get back to it later when I finish World of Goo.

Poor aiming lets you waste ammo generously. I hope it turns into an FPS rather than that TPS over the shoulder look :/ Those critters are a pain in the a$$ and simply annoying.

Ahh...and remember rule no. one is to destroy all the corpses or else face them alive as necromorphs.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well people on net keep saying it is supposed to be super spooky.What do you guys think after finishing it?
I wouldn't say super spooky as in giving me the heebie-jeebies but it's pretty scary. You'll have those occasional jerky moments but like T159 mentioned it gets sort of predictable after sometime. You know those same necros will be attacking & you know the right methods to make a sish kebab out of them by then. The only difficulty you'll probably face is while having a horde of them attacking you which happens more towards then end levels. It's a good survival horror game but nothing like Condemned Criminal Origins.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I'm stuck at the ADS cannon mission in Chapter 4, I have to manually destroy asteroids but I cant last for more than one minute till the Hulls integrity reaches 0 and am pwned.
Can anyone complete this part and give me the save file after it ?
Here is my save file:
*www.mediafire.com/?jbc1tjidgyw

Or it there some strategy to follow when destroying asteroids as I cant aim them well with Mouse.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Dude come on. I was about to switch to mouse controls myself as the controller thing wasn't working out that well for fast aiming in that round. Anyway the only strategy I can think of is use both the side of the cannons to fire. If you use just one then the bigger asteroids would take time to split into multiple pieces. Once you use the both of them try focussing on the bigger ones first as they burst into numerous pieces. Destroy them as you see them approaching. Once they split up take the smaller shattered parts out. This way the hull will take lesser damage.

Hey guys help me out big time. I'm stuck. Check out this screen shot:- *www.willhostforfood.com/files3/4738212/Untditledjpg.png

I got to level 5, now dealing with a creature that keeps on regenerating. At first i have to run for my life now that strange old man says"Say your prayers". As soon as I enter the medical lab this regenerating creature drops from above and slashes you into pieces. What to do? the big door is locked. PLZ help.

BTW how to take screen shots in dead space. I took the above button by pressing Print Scr, opened MS Paint,ctrl+v.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just cut it's legs out & that should slow it down for sometime. Then run as far away from it as you can. You can't kill it, atleast not for the time being. When Kendra speaks out that you won't be able to kill it & it will keep regenerating just head out to the door where you came in from. Do not waste too much ammo on it, I repeat do not waste too much ammo.

As for taking screenshots, just use FRAPS & press F10 key to take screenshots.

@jojothedragon:
BTW how to take screen shots in dead space. I took the above button by pressing Print Scr, opened MS Paint,ctrl+v.
Just press F12 in game and a screenshot will be saved in screens folder in the my games folder(it works in Win XPdon't no about Vista).

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Hey guys help me out big time. I'm stuck. Check out this screen shot:- *www.willhostforfood.com/files3/4738212/Untditledjpg.png

I got to level 5, now dealing with a creature that keeps on regenerating. At first i have to run for my life now that strange old man says"Say your prayers". As soon as I enter the medical lab this regenerating creature drops from above and slashes you into pieces.

epic cookie cruncher death.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Where exactly? Do you mean the one where you head out in open space with all those meteors showering on you?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just take cover behind those metal blockades. That's the only way you can save yourself. Once the meteors stop hitting the surface just run as fast as you can & when it's about to start again, just hide behind the closest blockade possible. This depends mainly on your judgement & instinct. Make sure you have 1-2 boxes of compressed air can in your inventory. You might run out of air towards the end & that is where you might need this.

Also if you get through this point, you'll reach the point where you need to save your hull from the asteroids. If you get through that then pass the save file onto T159. I suppose that is where he is stuck now. Unless he has completed that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom