The Dead Space Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I'm in 8th chapter now ! Got level 4 suit.
Sold my pulse rifle and flamethrower. Both are sh!te after level 6.
The best replacement for flamethrower is Force Gun, it can be used to kill swarms and push back close-up enemies.
Contact beam is good but takes a lot of time to charge, secondary fire mod is good.

I'm shooting that tentacle thing on hull using ADS cannon. Hope I will complete it after few tries.

Now the game is not scary anymore, it's like shoot that, go there, activate that. Environments are great, reminds me of the travel in Prey. Predictable as I said but still there are some surprises :p

The only chapter where I was low on ammo and life was 5th one, the Regenrator first appearance. I had to sprint and avoid some enemies to restore the oxygen level there.

Dude the last level was hard. Had real trouble getting the darn marker to the other side. For me the pulse rifle and flame thower was the worst. Used force gun alternative granade luncher mode the most to survive and line gun.

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I only use two guns, the one which launches Ripper blades and the Plasma cutter. Though I have Force Gun and Contact Beam as backups :D.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Plasma Cutter with the max damage upgrade is just unbeatable. It hardly takes 2 shots to bring those SOB's down.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Well I am stuck on Chap. 8 at a puzzle. :(
which puzzle ?
Have you killed that tentacle using ADS cannon in this chapter ?

Flamethrower is really crap ! Pulse rifle is a waste of ammo.

But get you Force Gun upgraded for damage, its crap without upgrades.
And don't upgrade Contact Beam, its better by default.

Plasma Cutter with the max damage upgrade is just unbeatable. It hardly takes 2 shots to bring those SOB's down.
yeah I have it upgraded for max damage, but it's a little difficult when you are surrounded.
Using a combo is good for me, First line gun or force gun then just plasma cutter:)

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
If you're surrounded then what works best is to sprint away from the enemies, if you have enough room. Use the Pule Rile on some of them & then switch to Plasma Cutter & blast away on their limbs. Flamethrower is crap. Line Guns is really costly & the ammo is very sparse. But it's alternate fire is the only thing useful against a quick kill for the Guardian.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Lol...I finished it just now, took my whole noon to complete it. Here is my view on this game.

The Good:
1. The fluidity of in game realtime cutscenes.

2. Graphics are good, optimization is decent.

3. Cool weapons and upgrades.

4: Scariest Chapters: Chapter 5 and Chapter 9, I was low in resources there and the whole atmosphere was scary.

5: Kinesis and Stasis powers are a delight. Infact both are efficient for their intended use.

6: You can make it with just Plasma Cutter, perhaps a bit of Force Gun will help you too. But remember to upgrade your RIG health points before, as it makes a hell lot of difference.

7: Dismember the corpse before they are turned into Dark Slashers by Infectors.

8: Remember that taking less weapons means you get more ammo as ammo scattered depends upon the weapon you have. I prefer Plasma Cutter and Force Gun combo, a line gun will be another addition still keeping a weapon slot free. I ditched Flame Thrower, Pulse Rifle, Ripper and Contact Beam.

The Bad:
1. I wish it could have just ended in chapter 8 or perhaps 9. Adding more chapter was redundant.

3. Enemy types were too less. Just for strategic dismemberment (or whatever cool it sounds), every thing else was bland and seen before. Adding a more darker version of enemies was lame IMO as by that time you had the same punch in your upgrade weapons.

4. Backtracking sucks literally ! I hate to go back to same area.

5. Aiming sucked and especially during ADS cannon missions :/

6. No save points for some levels till far in the desert. I have a PC dammit, give me my F5 functionality back.

7.No character development, except for the whole history of Kendra you get to know by end.

The Ugly:
1. I was so frustrated at the last chapter that I sold every weapon except Force Gun (slightly upgraded) and begin with it. To my surprise it was still a piece of cake but a borefest to kill waves of enemies. At times I was thinking how come it's different from Serious Sam.

2. Then later to kill those Guardians I used up Force Gun but still one was left with one tentacle when I was out of ammo. So I got myself $0 Plasma Cutter (not upgraded). Killed that thing.

3. And then Fought the last Super Brute with the same Plasma Cutter and Force Gun...lol. I was messing around him. Brutes are lovely creatures, I wish I could make a pet of them.

4. Kendra was a biatch, but nothing surprising as I always suspected her. But she was hot !

5. So the borefest ended lastly with that gigantic final boss, aah the easiest Boss Battle in whole game :D I died two time due to awkward aiming and stupidity of leaving radially opposite yellow bulb second time.

6. Replay value: none for me. I don't want to replay it, even if the game awarded me 50k credits, 10 power nodes, a level 6 suit and other things intact. It's just a gimmick, things don't change with it drastically.

7. Lastly, please no bad ports and no friggin arcade cannon shooting. Make it a minigame but not a main mission.

*i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/deadspace/thereisalwayspeng.jpg
Anyone know what is this PENG thing ?

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Peng is a Hidden treasure. For the PC is won't have much significance but for the Xbox 360 it scores you an achievement.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah well you mentioned selling every item for the last chapter so it figures. :D

Good thing you didn't auction yourself for it. ;)

30 grands for that junk. That's quite a lot. The last item I remember gave me that amount was a Ruby Semiconductor if I remember correctly. Thanks to it, I had got my level 4 suit upgrade. :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Yeah
*i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/deadspace/longhairkendra2.jpg

lol...Kendra has stolen Reshammiya's hair oil

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
i am now on chapter 9 with the help of youtube :D:D:D..
its becoming one of my top3 fav game of 2008.

Dead space wallpaper
*i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr103/jojothedragon/dead_space1.jpg

If anybody stuck go to this site for help :- DEAD SPACE HELP
Worked for me :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom