The Cricket Channel

sujoyp

Grand Master
I was very sad about yuvi ...he was a different person in his prime...now he is not given any bowling, he misfields, he forgot how to hit six on leg side nor he sweeps ...he was taking singles in t20 ...he was a flop in ODI before he was dropped...he was almost flop in T20 just 1 good inning ...

And that stuppid dhoni saved Raina, himself and jadeja for donno what purpose ....he should have come down instead of yuvraj or sent raina when raina was in superb form this series ..

Anyways lost is lost ...congrats to sri lankans ....we will win in IPL :D :D

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
after the chapter of Sehwag case against Sri lanka, where SL players deliberately delivered a no ball to deny a well deserve century to Sehwag, since then i dont like SL team at all even Pakistan dont do it against India, I WI would have entered semifinal, anyway

its cricket very much unpredictable sport ever

ajayritik

Technomancer
dont hate him, hate the selectors

I would prefer Yuvraj singh with similar form over other already tried players like Dinesh Kartik.
However if there are any new young players who have not been tried before then I'm ok.
I feel the selectors have been pretty good.
Unless the Indian think tank that includes players, selection team Management sits and thinks seriously about our team's bowling resources. I think it will be repeat of 1992 , 2007 (World cup 50 over) .

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah , T-20 Format is on my top 3 formats of the game :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Why even bother commenting here if you don't like T-20 , and there WAS A WORLD T-20 happening . Obviously people will talk about T-20 and not Tests ... Jeez
Sorry my bad. I talked here as I am a cricket enthusiast, a 'proper' form of cricket I mean.
So chatter about 20-20, as long as it stays ;) I will stay out.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I love t20, but absolutely hate IPL. I think IPL gives a leeway for our players to keep performing bad at international level cuz they retain their images as hero in IPL Exploits. The dismal australian and england tour was soon wiped from memory cuz all were performing great in IPL. I would love it if IPL were abandoned. Sadly, that will never happen

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Sorry my bad. I talked here as I am a cricket enthusiast, a 'proper' form of cricket I mean.
So chatter about 20-20, as long as it stays ;) I will stay out.

If you are referring that we don't like test , then you have something else coming your way . I like all the formats (International) , Its still cricket , its not like they are playing baseball in T-20 , I can understand the IPL Hate or Big Bash hate but no way can I understand the whole T-20 Hate . If one is a true supporter of Cricket then he/she should support all the formats , plus T-20 is a way of getting interest of more countries as it is a very short game , the countries where cricket is not popular are also discovering it and countries which do not have all the skills which are needed to play the purest form of the game (Tests) , can show their talents in this format . This is what will help cricket advance and become more popular .

ajayritik

Technomancer
I love t20, but absolutely hate IPL. I think IPL gives a leeway for our players to keep performing bad at international level cuz they retain their images as hero in IPL Exploits. The dismal australian and england tour was soon wiped from memory cuz all were performing great in IPL. I would love it if IPL were abandoned. Sadly, that will never happen
I feared this would happen. People would easily forget WT20 and then move on with IPL.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@ rajat : You have no idea how big I'm a fan of cricket. But I wish this T-20 thing dies sooner the better. It will kill all the talents, it already has anyway :|

A game should be played like a game, not like some circus or fashion event.

Whatever, you like it, I hate it, that's about it. But your idea that's everyone who loves cricket loves every form of it is TOTALLY WRONG and I'm confident that a million others will agree with me.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
@ rajat : You have no idea how big I'm a fan of cricket. But I wish this T-20 thing dies sooner the better. It will kill all the talents, it already has anyway :|

Whatever, you like it, I hate it, that's about it. But your idea that's everyone who loves cricket loves every form of it is TOTALLY WRONG and I'm confident that a million others will agree with me.

So you think a proper cricket match , played over a five day period or even a ODI which takes over 8 hrs can drive newer countries to watch cricket ?

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Try? What? You smoking something?

Oh you read my mind!! But I dont try to be "whacky" at people and so my polite comment on your truly outrageous ridiculing out here when you clearly know that people do follow the sport no matter the formats

- - - Updated - - -

Now this is what I said. "Nice try" in provoking people for a discussion which isnt even required unless someones post is craving for attention

- - - Updated - - -

If you are referring that we don't like test , then you have something else coming your way . I like all the formats (International) , Its still cricket , its not like they are playing baseball in T-20 , I can understand the IPL Hate or Big Bash hate but no way can I understand the whole T-20 Hate . If one is a true supporter of Cricket then he/she should support all the formats , plus T-20 is a way of getting interest of more countries as it is a very short game , the countries where cricket is not popular are also discovering it and countries which do not have all the skills which are needed to play the purest form of the game (Tests) , can show their talents in this format . This is what will help cricket advance and become more popular .

As I said, he tried and he is succeeding :p

ithehappy

Human Spambot
So you think a proper cricket match , played over a five day period or even a ODI which takes over 8 hrs can drive newer countries to watch cricket ?
Who cares about who watches cricket? What's the point? You don't have time to watch cricket for eight hours now, but when you were in school you did watch plenty of ODI or even test in full right? If you have to bring 'time' into a format of a game then why bother about 20 overs, let's make it 10 and call it a day, shall we?

As I said, a sports should be played how it is suppose to be played. Would you watch football if it were cut down to half an hour? Would you watch tennis if it's cut down to 15 for a game? Recently I am not even getting time to sleep properly for more than six hours due to my business, however I could save some times by, say, going to office in my underwear or night dress and that'll save me five precious minutes. Everything should be done how it's suppose to be done, the rule applies for a prestigious sports like Cricket. T-20 is a disgrace to Cricket, since the day it was born, Cricket died dude.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Who cares about who watches cricket? What's the point? You don't have time to watch cricket for eight hours now, but when you were in school you did watch plenty of ODI or even test in full right? If you have to bring 'time' into a format of a game then why bother about 20 overs, let's make it 10 and call it a day, shall we?

As I said, a sports should be played how it is suppose to be played. Would you watch football if it were cut down to half an hour? Would you watch tennis if it's cut down to 15 for a game? Recently I am not even getting time to sleep properly for more than six hours due to my business, however I could save some times by, say, going to office in my underwear or night dress and that'll save me five precious minutes. Everything should be done how it's suppose to be done, the rule applies for a prestigious sports like Cricket. T-20 is a disgrace to Cricket, since the day it was born, Cricket died dude.

And who decides "how its supposed to play"??

BTW, What is your opinion about ODI's (50 overs a side matches) then??

lywyre

Cyborg Agent

Well, I get you feeling and totally respect your opinion.

I don't like T20 and I enjoy ODIs. I like Test the most. But they are three different formats of cricket, like sprint, hurdles and marathon. I would not say Cricket has died, but it is endangered.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Well, I get you feeling and totally respect your opinion.

I don't like T20 and I enjoy ODIs. I like Test the most. But they are three different formats of cricket, like sprint, hurdles and marathon. I would not say Cricket has died, but it is endangered.

I know what few of you are pointing out here. But this was the case when ODI cricket evolved and so was it when ODI was reduced to 50 overs a side match though there was no much media attention and hype at the time and so we know very little about the pulse of the cricketing world that had these changes undergone.

T20 was welcomed as a batsmen game and its nothing short of skills to play a T20. Of course each format has its own required skill sets. But tell me me one thing, in the era of Sehwag's and Dhawan's, aren't we watching some glipses of a change in pattern of how a test match itself has been played?? Arent the run machines finding their way to the 5 day games and succeeding there in bits and pieces (for now)??

Thats what i call as an evolution and as a game cricket has evolved and so did different formats of the game. Even the greats like Sachin who denied it first did find it as a format of potential and were part of it.

Bashing a format just because one doesnt enjoy it as a viewer is senseless and ridiculing it is baseless. Watch it or leave it.

PS:: IPL's and ICL's are ways of minting money and are purely entertainment. They are like movies based on live cricket for me :)

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
T-20 is a disgrace to Cricket, since the day it was born, Cricket died dude.

I dont really agree with this. When it first commenced, it renewed interest of many people from children to aged people in England. This has given people a reason to pick up cricket as a sport in a football crazy nation like England. So for the improvement of cricket, this is great. Plus we have seen other small teams participating in this format more than other formats. So for the proliferation of cricket also, T20 is great.

And how did Cricket die when T20 emerged. We are still having Great tests and ODI Tournaments. T20 requires just a different kind of skill. And its damn entertaining.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Also to add to the T20 thing.I don't think in bilateral series these days we have lot of T20's. So I think that should be ok.
The problem would be if T20's are replacing Test and ODI's in bilateral series.

Top Bottom