The Cricket Channel

pinku1993

Lagger ~ ..
Yeah Malinga fooled Xavier Doherty with his slower one..
But before that.. Doherty played sensible cricket .. If he would have stayed there till the end.. Australia was going to win ..

sujoyp

Grand Master
Today Dravid will retire from international cricket ....Thats a sad moment for indian cricket...maybe nobody will ever replace Mr.Consistant/the Wall
he was a textbook cricket player ...all shots perfect :)

He was also the highest run maker in tests in 2011

His total runs in test is just next to sachin tendulkar and ahead of pointing, lara, kallis etc

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sad. I was hoping against hope he would be the last to retire among the trio. That would have been helpful for the youngsters also. But this only goes to show he is truly different from the others.

We'll miss him.

sujoyp

Grand Master
India back on track :D

scored 304/3 and won by 50 runs

superb hitting by dhoni and raina in last 6 overs

Great centuries by gambhir and kohli .....4 wickets by pathan :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
It looks certain that pathan will take back his position.

I dont think vinaykumar is an international standard bowler ....but certainly his slower ones r superb

ajayritik

Technomancer
I dont think vinaykumar is an international standard bowler ....but certainly his slower ones r superb
I'm not a big fan of Vinay Kumar but he seems to get wickets at important times to have his captain or the selectors retain him in the team. But I don't see a great future for him in Indian Cricket team.
India are again back to picking supposedly fast bowlers who bowl at 120-130 Kph.
For a while they looked ok with Varun Aaron and Umesh Yadav.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vinay Kumar, just like Praveen Kumar would give his 100% in the field no matter what they have in store. Lots of people thought PK was not fit for tests, but in the fewer chances he got, he was outstanding. 27 wickets in 6 tests - I don't remember any other Indian pace bowler has done this in a long long time. Of course, Vinay Kumar doesn't look like test class, but for ODIs and T20s I think he is a good bet.

And regarding Aaron & Yadav - I would like to see them exclusively in tests as of now, ODIs & T20s mean they would soon lose their raw pace. Both are young, and should not be tinkered with.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Vinay Kumar, just like Praveen Kumar would give his 100% in the field no matter what they have in store. Lots of people thought PK was not fit for tests, but in the fewer chances he got, he was outstanding. 27 wickets in 6 tests - I don't remember any other Indian pace bowler has done this in a long long time. Of course, Vinay Kumar doesn't look like test class, but for ODIs and T20s I think he is a good bet.

And regarding Aaron & Yadav - I would like to see them exclusively in tests as of now, ODIs & T20s mean they would soon lose their raw pace. Both are young, and should not be tinkered with.

I never commented about Praveen Kumar. Infact he did very good during the last tour of Australia, he is a good swing bowler and a good hitter. Vinay Kumar in whatever chances he got in batting hasn't been able to do much. I still feel V Kumar will not long for last.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Neither I have said you have commented about PK. :) What I meant to say is that both are workhorse type players who give their best and some more, unlike some other guys in the team like Jadeja.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yesterday I saw that vinay kumar bowled good slow ones at the right time due to which many batsman faced wrong timings...specially kulusekra got out due to that...

I think umesh yadav will soon be back in team India...he didnt do well in good bowling conditions of australia but did well in India..

For now Praveen kumar is the spearhead of India ...most experienced one...and he is doing well

ajayritik

Technomancer
Neither I have said you have commented about PK. :) What I meant to say is that both are workhorse type players who give their best and some more, unlike some other guys in the team like Jadeja.

Ok Dude! You said Jadeja? I'm a big fan of his as long as he is not representing the Indian Cricket team.

vaibhav23

In the zone
On sub continental pitches the ball does not swing much.So playing faster bowlers is a risky decision.So keeping out UY from ODI's is good but for test he should be in the team
VK and jadeja are just in the team due to Dhoni

ajayritik

Technomancer
On sub continental pitches the ball does not swing much.So playing faster bowlers is a risky decision.So keeping out UY from ODI's is good but for test he should be in the team
VK and jadeja are just in the team due to Dhoni

You stole my words. I agree that bowlers like Umesh Yadav and maybe Varun Aaron should concentrate more on test Cricket. With the lenght UY bowls I think he will be hit around in ODI's and T20.
I don't like either VK and Jadeja honestly.
That guy Jadega was such a big flop just before the T20Worldcup held in England last time that he was dropped and now he is back again. Shucks!

ajayritik

Technomancer
But does anyone support me in the fact that Nehra should be brought back in the team.I liked his bowling

Due to fitness issues I heard he is not being selected. As a bowler I think he is good but I think his fielding is not that good nor is his batting. I still remember the match against England in 2003 Worldcup he was so good. Infact there was a time when Zaheer Khan and Nehra were good competitors within the team but Nehra due to his fitness issues has not shined that much.

Top Bottom