The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

Arnab boss

In the zone
Re: Mobile Buying Guide

guys need help in buying 2 phones...

first one is a dual sim phone without touch screen tht will replace my motorola ex115....how abt nokia asha 210..my budget is within 5k..!!

second one is an android ph which will b relacing my htc one x 16gb....i had a note 2 but i sold it as the screen was giving problems now i want to go for note 2 again as it was good in every aspects...as i hav a sandisk ultra 64 gb class 10 micro sd card so the mobile should hav this capacity and wht abt s4.....but anyother options r welcome....budget 30k to 35k...:cool::cool::cool:

thanks in advance...

Last edited:

vikash

Journeyman

Hey guys !!! I just ordered an Xperia M from flipkart(it's on pre order right now).
I was going through spec sheet of HUAWEI ASCEND P1 and it looked WoW.
I am having second thoughts now.

What do you think guyz? Should I cancel my order and buy a P1 instead (which is going to get a JB update soon), or should go with the alread ordered Xperia M. Please guys help me out.

amjath

Human Spambot

Hey guys !!! I just ordered an Xperia M from flipkart(it's on pre order right now).

What do you think guyz? Should I cancel my order and buy a P1 instead (which is going to get a JB update soon), or should go with the alread ordered Xperia M. Please guys help me out.

2 of our forum guys bought these phones and posted here

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1993160

Start reading from there

vikash

Journeyman

What about after sales service of Huawei

Come on!!! Anybody..???
SAM Help me out Xperia M or Huawei Ascend P1

2 of our forum guys bought these phones and posted here

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1993160

Start reading from there

Thanks for the assistance, going for Xperia M all the way :mrgreen:... or better.. waiting for Xperia M all the way:-x come on flipkart just deliver it, it's been like a week now

Last edited:

joe

From NoWhere

Hello,

At last i buy Lenovo P770. It's performance and battery backup is good .

vikash

Journeyman

^ great!!!
Even I was looking for the same, mostly due to its battery. You just bought yourself a power house :wink:

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

What about after sales service of Huawei

till now no complain from those who have bought Huawei mobiles earlier (X5/X5 Pro or Y300).

Xperia M / Lenovo P770 / Huawei Ascend P1 ??

P770 = better battery backup. weak GPU.
P1 = better display and moderately fast chipset. but no sign of any update. also mobile is old.
Xperia M = best hardware but poor display.

decide accordingly.

vikash

Journeyman

Xperia M / Lenovo P770 / Huawei Ascend P1 ??

About Xperia M, the way this guy shows it off, I think it's just awesome for the price we're paying.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technology-news/174506-sony-xperia-m-m-dual-announced-3.html#post1994551

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz

his budget is barely 6k. and also A500S doesn't have a big screen with high resolution so should be just fine.

Which among SGX 531(Iris 405),Mali-400MP(A500S), SGX 544(Q700) and Adreno 305(L520) is more powerful and in which order ?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Which among SGX 531(Iris 405),Mali-400MP(A500S), SGX 544(Q700) and Adreno 305(L520) is more powerful and in which order ?

A500S doesn't have 400MP, rather its a single core but performance wise, it is in line with 544 & Adreno 305. but Qualcomm S4 Plus / 400-series will still thrash any Mediatek stuff due to crappy processor (Cortex A7) but this helps in keeping the mobile last longer compared to Krait based mobiles or Cortex A9 under Android OS. nowadays all these GPU have overclocked version so, yes my GPU chart is kind of useless but in the 1Ghz version, the GPU performance should be same.

Mr.Kickass

In the zone

Will an 8 GB smartphone have enough storage space?

Simple answer, No.

Just because Google wants you to use its streaming services(and your ISP loves it too) it doesn't make the internet any cheaper. Many people still prefer a memory card slot.

I have a doubt regarding storage though.

Is there a problem of fragmentation like earlier ? Like with my LG O2X I slapped an 8 GB card inside to move all apps to SD as I was running out of space. I moved those apps which I didn't need to have a widget for and then I found out that my phone got snappier than before. The boot time reduced from around 30 seconds to 5 seconds :lol:

So is there a problem like slowing down if one parks everything on the same internal 8 GB memory partition ? :Fingerx:

amjath

Human Spambot

Simple answer, No.

Just because Google wants you to use its streaming services(and your ISP loves it too) it doesn't make the internet any cheaper. Many people still prefer a memory card slot.

I have a doubt regarding storage though.

Is there a problem of fragmentation like earlier ? Like with my LG O2X I slapped an 8 GB card inside to move all apps to SD as I was running out of space. I moved those apps which I didn't need to have a widget for and then I found out that my phone got snappier than before. The boot time reduced from around 30 seconds to 5 seconds :lol:

So is there a problem like slowing down if one parks everything on the same internal 8 GB memory partition ? :Fingerx:

When u move apps to SD card, it goes to ur internal SD not external sd. Correct me of I'm wrong.

Top Bottom