The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: Mobile Buying Guide

If you want good battery life under 10k then Xolo Q700 is best.It has everything good specs as well as good battery the only problem is non existent service in India.Go for either Q700 or L520.

.jRay.

Youngling

^^ Can you please explain?? 'cause even HTC One has a metal body too!!

Metal body dissipates heat faster so cools quickly, and in plastic body the heat is trapped inside. The difference: you can feel heat in the metal body and not so much in plastic

ssb1551

Technomancer

^^ If thats the case then what happens if one plays a Graphics Demanding game like NOVA 3 for half an hour to 45 minutes? Will the handset get way too overheat? Or is it advisable to play in intervals of 15-20 mins? I think the same can be said about watching videos too.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ If thats the case then what happens if one plays a Graphics Demanding game like NOVA 3 for half an hour to 45 minutes? Will the handset get way too overheat? Or is it advisable to play in intervals of 15-20 mins? I think the same can be said about watching videos too.

it'll heat up badly but at least the processor shouldn't throttle. so even if you fry your hands playing your favorite game, you'll enjoy ;)

thinkjamil

Journeyman

I am looking for a new android phone. I found galaxy core for 12900 at flipkart and ebay. But I'm not really interested in dual sims and the battery was 1800 mah only . Can anyone suggest a better option , if not this ?

my requirements :
jelly bean, 3G, 1gb ram minimum, sd card, good battery, 4"+ screen, good processor (not cheap quad cores), butget near 13k

or should I wait for new releases? lemme know of notable releases to wait for.

quagmire

Allllright !

^Galaxy core is pathetic. You can consider Xolo T1000/ Xperia L. (Or wait for Xperia M if budget is unstretchable)

thinkjamil

Journeyman

thanks quagmire , I'll wait.. galaxy core, sure is pathetic..wondering if Experia C will ever make it Indian market.

vikash

Journeyman

^Galaxy core is pathetic. You can consider Xolo T1000/ Xperia L. (Or wait for Xperia M if budget is unstretchable)

Talking about Xperia M and Xperia L...
I was looking to buy an Xperia L and I know Xperia M is going to be released soon. The only differences between two being- Internal memory(4GB/8GB), 4" screen(which i prefer) vs 4.3"(..eh), and Camera(8MP vs 5MP).. which i 've heard that its no good in Xperia L either.
So what do you think, should I go for Xperia L or wait for Xperia M and save myself some bucks.

arjoonpk

Broken In

guys... Please help me choose... I'm planning to buy a new phone with 30k budget..

My usage pattern is like this...
I'm not a serious gamer... but I do a lot of surfing
along with all sorta social networking apps...
I do make many voice calls as well....
I currently own an S Advance... its giving me around 18 hours battery life....
(Guess this helps you to figure out my phone usage...)

The shortlisted phones are(in order of priority)
1) Xperia ZL
2) Lg Nexus 4
3) Galaxy Note 2

ZL and Nexus are up in the order of my priority right now. I know all 3 phones are stunners...
All great performers...

But here is the deal.. I personally like Xperia ZL and Nexus 4 design better. But I'm worried about their battery lives.
I was all set to buy Note 2... But then I came across Nexus and ZL... and now i cannot choose between the 3..... Which do you suggest is the best for me...?? its a tough call i know but please help me out......

Any Nexus or ZL users here please post the average battery life you get...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

^^ Nexus 4 has a very elongated and improved battery life thanks to the Android 4.3 update.

Getting the ZL makes sense only if you need a very good camera and a 1080p screen.

arjoonpk

Broken In

^^ Nexus 4 has a very elongated and improved battery life thanks to the Android 4.3 update.

Getting the ZL makes sense only if you need a very good camera and a 1080p screen.

how do you compare battery lives of n4 and ZL.....
Is ZL battery life that terrible....??

Note 2 getting outdated...?? is it just me or is there anyone else who feels the same... compared
to sexy beasts like Nexus 4 and Xperia Z/ZL..... Now that all 3 fall in almost same price range.. What say guys....

amjath

Human Spambot

ZL
Sony Xperia ZL passes our battery test, doesn't beat its glass-adorned sibling - GSMArena Blog
Nexus 4's 4.2.2 was terrible but with 4.3 improved
Increased Battery Life with 4.3 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Looking at the usage i would say wait for note 3. Big screen easy to browse, it ll definitely have huge battery life.
Downside to Note 3 is may be big for ur hands

Top Bottom