The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: Mobile Buying Guide

Note 3 will cost somewhere around 42-45k, near Xperia Z's pricing.

Sam i need your opinion on this:
How are Lava Iris 405,455,458q ? Are these worth buying at their respective prices ?
Specifically Iris 405 vs Xolo A500S ?
Iris 458q vs Xolo Q600 ?
Would you recommend these handsets ?

rohitshakti2

In the zone

Sam i need your opinion on this:
How are Lava Iris 405,455,458q ? Are these worth buying at their respective prices ?
Specifically Iris 405 vs Xolo A500S ?
Iris 458q vs Xolo Q600 ?
Would you recommend these handsets ?

I would also like to know about above mobiles & also about Q700 which has 1GB ram. But it is priced nearly 8700/- and is this price justifiable when compared to 458q which is almost same but has 512 MB ram.

get XOLO A500S

The only problem with A500s is its battery else it is also good as compared to 458q. But in android mobiles, battery is the main issue hence I am not considering it.

How is Iris N454, 501 & 502?

*www.91mobiles.com/lava-iris-n454-price-in-india

*www.91mobiles.com/lava-iris-n501-price-in-india

The rating seems wrong:
*www.91mobiles.com/lava-iris-502-price-in-india

abhijitsb306

Broken In

Hi guys,
Looking to buy a new mobile. Need inputs from your side
1. Budget?
2. Display type and size?
around 4" screen
3. Form Factor?
Any
4. Preferred choice of brand?
ANy
5. Preferred input method
touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Any
7. Preferred operating system?
Android
8. Preferred connectivity options
3G and Wifi
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
NA
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Mails/internet
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Samsung GALAXY S Advance / Sony Xperia L (open to others as well)
12. Any other info that you want to share
Looking for 4" screen (stricty under 4.5")

Thanks in advance for your suggestion

.jRay.

Youngling

Hi guys,
Looking to buy a new mobile. Need inputs from your side
1. Budget?
2. Display type and size?
around 4" screen
3. Form Factor?
Any
4. Preferred choice of brand?
ANy
5. Preferred input method
touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Any
7. Preferred operating system?
Android
8. Preferred connectivity options
3G and Wifi
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
NA
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Mails/internet
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Samsung GALAXY S Advance / Sony Xperia L (open to others as well)
12. Any other info that you want to share
Looking for 4" screen (stricty under 4.5")

Thanks in advance for your suggestion

Xperia L

pmkarun

Broken In

If you are strictly under 13k look for S advance.. Else go with Xperia L... If u want a slightly bigger screen check l9..

rohitshakti2

In the zone

I would also like to know about above mobiles & also about Q700 which has 1GB ram. But it is priced nearly 8700/- and is this price justifiable when compared to 458q which is almost same but has 512 MB ram.The only problem with A500s is its battery else it is also good as compared to 458q. But in android mobiles, battery is the main issue hence I am not considering it.How is Iris N454, 501 & 502?Lava Iris N454 Price in India on 14 Aug, 2013, Iris N454 specifications, features & reviews | 91mobiles.comLava Iris 501 Price in India on 14 Aug, 2013, Iris 501 specifications, features & reviews | 91mobiles.comThe rating seems wrong:Lava Iris 502 Price in India on 14 Aug, 2013, Iris 502 specifications, features & reviews | 91mobiles.com
Samji, please tell if there is any mobile better than Iris 458q in the same budget or not?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Samji, please tell if there is any mobile better than Iris 458q in the same budget or not?

missed your post. Q700 is definitely a better deal. 1GB ram is a must for high resolution (qHD or better), specially when the price difference between Q700 and 458Q is only barely 800 bucks. even for 480X800 resolution 512MB ram is a bit less but that is to keep the cost down.

abhishu

Right off the assembly line

Hi,
Please suggest a decent phone in 15-20 k budget.
I don't do gaming much, however I usually browse heavily. It should have good battery backup, internal memory not less than 8GB, RAM at least 1GB, screen size 4.3-4.7 and of a brand having approachable service centers. single or dual sim both would work.

rohitshakti2

In the zone

missed your post. Q700 is definitely a better deal. 1GB ram is a must for high resolution (qHD or better), specially when the price difference between Q700 and 458Q is only barely 800 bucks. even for 480X800 resolution 512MB ram is a bit less but that is to keep the cost down.

Thanks Sam for the replly. But just to tell you that the difference between 458q and q700 is nearly Rs.1500/- as 458q is selling for 6948/- and q700 is selling for Rs.8500/- on ebay and there is no further coupons which can be used on these mobiles on ebay and this is the lowest prices I could find online & offline.

Just checked on ebay and the price of 458q has been increased to Rs.7400/-

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Hi,
Please suggest a decent phone in 15-20 k budget.
I don't do gaming much, however I usually browse heavily. It should have good battery backup, internal memory not less than 8GB, RAM at least 1GB, screen size 4.3-4.7 and of a brand having approachable service centers. single or dual sim both would work.

Either get Xperia L (better internal hardware) or Lg L9 (better screen)

abhishu

Right off the assembly line

I need help in selecting one out of Xperia SP, Nexus 4 and Xperia ZR. I've heard about the not-up-to-the-mark battery backup of N4. Is it true?

thinkjamil

Journeyman

Update/add info on lenovo p780...I want to know its processor. ..and if you can find a good deal , then lemme know too

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Update/add info on lenovo p780...I want to know its processor. ..and if you can find a good deal , then lemme know too

take Panasonic P51 and replace its name with Lenovo 780 and finally slap in a 4000mah battery. done. and looking at the hardware (not just the processor) it'll cost nothing short of 18k for sure. launch price may very well be 20k+

I need help in selecting one out of Xperia SP, Nexus 4 and Xperia ZR. I've heard about the not-up-to-the-mark battery backup of N4. Is it true?

SP if you want to save some bucks. it is a great mobile and should perform close to N4 without heating up.
N4 is a powerhouse and should receive a couple of more updates before being retired. android 4.3 increased battery backup slightly.
ZR for rugged use.

Which one's better q700 or q800 in terms of processing power and battery life??

both are same. Q700 should last slightly longer thanks to the 300mah extra juice the battery packs. however Q800 got community support but haven't heard anything about Q700 yet.

Best dual core android phone with JB under 6k ?

you can check Lava IRIS 405. or for ~6.7-7k you get XOLO A500S which is lot better than most dualcore due to the big GPU boost it received.

Top Bottom