The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: October 2012

don't be so lazy. 2 threads, both sticked. one list mobile with specs, second list the reviews for some mobiles. if i start to add review links, the thread will become one hell of a mess. i have already removed multiple columns just to slim things down, add a column for review links, it'll be completely unusable.

lolz..okay..not an issue...:) in a way u r right..anyways just a thought.. :)

ohh ya it is sticked..was searching in buying advise section.. :D lol..

KeiDash

Right off the assembly line

Xperia U price mayn't fall to such level even with coupon code. Current pricing is still in 14-15k. Defy+ has started disappearing from most online portals and Motorola is least bothered about any pricecuts. Under 10k, get Tipo instead of Explorer just for the internal memory. If you care about custom rom, check Huawei G300. Visit Modaco Forum. They have a huge support for G300 there, XDA too maybe but need to check.

Thank you, I apologize I had deleted my post in this thread since I thought maybe it was not the right place to post it in. So I'm checking out the Huawei G300 and the features and specs seem very good at the pricepoint, but I'm a bit wary of the brand. Is the build quality and reliability good?

Last edited:
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

my friend is ordering G300. According to review build is fine. At this budget you can't expect a lot. BTW if you can increase your budget by 1k, grab the X5 pro instead of G300. Lot better in every way: better processor, better GPU, better camera, better build (anti-fingerprint coating), bigger battery.

KeiDash

Alright thanks, I've made a list and will decide which to buy based on best price/performance ratio. Is it recommended to buy on Diwali or will Christmas offer better sales? Or even until next year for new phones and drastic price drops maybe?

LegendKiller

In the zone

Xolo X900 and Atrix2 are not kept by any retailer near my home(Ghaziabad) and Spice is offering 5800Rs cashback on my Wave-2. So, with my budget of 19k, i can get One-S from them at 18.5 k.
So, basically thinking of buying the same before the month ends. Any feedback appreciated.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Alright thanks, I've made a list and will decide which to buy based on best price/performance ratio. Is it recommended to buy on Diwali or will Christmas offer better sales? Or even until next year for new phones and drastic price drops maybe?

Under 10k, i doubt there is going to be any new launch. And price will be almost same at Diwali unless the manufacturer themselves offer heavy pricecut. Expect 1k less for similar models but Xperia U will still cost ~12k with coupon code.

Xolo X900 and Atrix2 are not kept by any retailer near my home(Ghaziabad) and Spice is offering 5800Rs cashback on my Wave-2. So, with my budget of 19k, i can get One-S from them at 18.5 k.
So, basically thinking of buying the same before the month ends. Any feedback appreciated.

One S has 10-11GB internal memory so better check how the memory is distributed. It can be 10GB for media, 2GB for apps so if your music/movie collection is more than that size you'll have to manage.

LegendKiller

In the zone

ok, i didn't know that. From where can i find that out? Also, i hope it doesn't have any message limit like my wave-2, which doesn't allow more than 1200 sms's.

Any other thing which is peculiar to HTC os ? Also the XDA forums has lots of unhappy one-s users...they say htc is not releasing updates for asian c-2. but most of them are not from india

Last edited:
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

there is no message limit in Android as it is conversation type (facebook chat). and any android mobile without expandable memory have their internal memory partitioned in this manner. check XDA forum or sometimes review highlight these things too.

LegendKiller

In the zone

do you know anyone who uses one-s in india? coz, people at xda forums are not happy with lack of support and updates for this asian model.

Support probably means developer support for rom's....i think.....lack of update for firmware is worrysome....coz some people might have some bugs which need fixing.

KeiDash

I found the Xperia U and Xperia Pro both for Rs. 11,000 on Ebay, but with seller's warranty. I'm willing to take the risk on that, so which phone should I get? The only advantage the Xperia U has over the Pro is that it's a dual core, while the Pro is superior in every other way.

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz

A friend has asked for suggestions on mobiles in 5k range. All he has told me is that he needs a touch screen. So please tell that which mobile in 5k range has got the best touchscreen ?

A friend has asked for suggestions on mobiles in 5k range. All he has told me is that he needs a touch screen. So please tell that which mobile in 5k range has got the best touchscreen ?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

I found the Xperia U and Xperia Pro both for Rs. 11,000 on Ebay, but with seller's warranty. I'm willing to take the risk on that, so which phone should I get? The only advantage the Xperia U has over the Pro is that it's a dual core, while the Pro is superior in every other way.

I think that boils down on two things:

1) Personal choice for hardware keyboard or only touch.

2) Camera preference, in which pro wins.

kapilove77

Padawan

My uncle promised me to get me HTC Window 8x from UK. So i want to ask is it worth getting or i should ask for other? I never used window phone before and will window 8 worth to try or i go for android?

rajatGod512

N00B Troller

Samsung S3770 , Samsung Star 3 Duos , Micromax A57

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: November 2012

@Sam: HTC 8S and 8X are not there. Update the list ASAP....:-D

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

not available yet. will add it when some shop officially start selling. not even up for preorder.

ajaymailed

In the zone

great info sam, its quite difficult to find info about Indian Androids phones, btw did to arrive at the CPU, GPU rankings using benchmarks? or did found information anywhere.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

great info sam, its quite difficult to find info about Indian Androids phones, btw did to arrive at the CPU, GPU rankings using benchmarks? or did found information anywhere.

using benchmark (nenamark) for GPU then backtrack to processor :)

ajaymailed

In the zone

using benchmark (nenamark) for GPU then backtrack to processor :)
what do you think about this MediaTek MT6577 powering the Micromax A110. if you remember talking about El-cheapo Chipsets ruining performance of Indian Android phones?. 6577 seems to be really good performer, Nenamark 2 score is 25.6 FPS, Linpack - 64 which is quite impressive for a phone at 10K price. It seems to be do better than qualcomms Dual core A5 chipset. I was watching igyaans review on karbonn A21 (powered by 8225) , it got criticized a lot for lag/lack of RAM, i thought may be A5 core is to be blamed here.
what about single core MT 6575. you ranked it near 8255, which is a gr8 chipset in budget Xperia phones. How do they both compare?, I know that Scorpion Core roughly compares to Cortex A9

if MT 6575 beats all those Cortex A5 chipsets , then big brand phones priced between 10- 15K powered by these Cortex A5s are threatened by Indian Androids.
Galaxy S Duos, Xperia J, Tipo, Miro, even the Desire V.

anywayz i think 6577 is a pretty big threat to any phone below Galaxy S Advance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom