The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

Shibadip

Destined to be the Winner
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: November 2012

By gps i meant just finding your location, and navigation turn by turn directions

OK.. So GPS will find out Right now where I am.. But If I want to find a direction/path for a certain place that i have to go, then that will be Navigation, and for tht, I wil Be Needing 3G. Right??

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
OK.. So GPS will find out Right now where I am.. But If I want to find a direction/path for a certain place that i have to go, then that will be Navigation, and for tht, I wil Be Needing 3G. Right??

Keep GPS on then put on 2g(if 3g too expensive) and just follow.
Yes internet is needed to load the maps.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Hi, finally after having great experience with LG Optimus One for 2 years, I'm looking for a new phone within 15k.

I'm considering Xperia U, and also I have looked at Xperia Sola, Xperia Go.

But I don't find any reason to choose Sola / Go over U because, all of the phones have 512MB RAM, and Sola / Go doesn't have secondary camera whereas U have it.

So finally, now it comes to user reviews, which seems that U is more popular (Correct me if I'm wrong) according to Flipkart.

So please tell me about your views.

Also, I'd like to know one thing, which I'm considering most important, does ICS runs fine on 512MB RAM? I faced problems while running ICS on 512MB RAM, like smoothness. So are those series of phone enough smooth to operate?

Ofcourse I'll be going for Custom ROM, (specially JB if available) within few months.

ajaymailed

In the zone

actually there is no need for Xperia Miro, Sola, Go if Xperia U had an SD Card Slot. I dont understand how Sony designs their phones, they put SD Card Slot on Xperia Go & Sola and priced it higher than Xperia U, while U has Front VGA, they forgot to the add same for costlier Sola.

They seem to have six new models in 10 to 20K (Miro, J, Neo L, U, Go, Sola) and they havent got one impressive model perfectly priced with all features to clearly beat competitors. Xperia P & U have gr8 prices & features but Sony ruined both phones by crippling them off with limited storage & less battery capacity. They need to get an all rounder.

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Yeah, well regarding the Micro SD Slot, I'm fine, because max people use 2GB / 4GB SD Card these days, so U have it inbuilt. Ofcourse I'd haven't give another thought if it had an Expandable Memory upto 32GB or so. But still 4GB looks fine for me.

Battery Capacity is one of the most important thing one thinks about. For me, if the phone lasts around 24 hours with few Calls and SMS then it's fine for me.

Shibadip

They seem to have six new models in 10 to 20K (Miro, J, Neo L, U, Go, Sola) and they havent got one impressive model perfectly priced with all features to clearly beat competitors. Xperia P & U have gr8 prices & features but Sony ruined both phones by crippling them off with limited storage & less battery capacity. They need to get an all rounder.

+100.. Exactly, the thoughts of a potential customer (me:p)

@krishnandu Do contact me as well if you are going for xperia U, (or any other model for that matter). I too am looking for an Android, and eyeing fpr Xperia U as well.
Let's see if we can get a higher disc buying together.

Know any shop where Diwali offer is ON??

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

^^Nope!!

The problem is I'm a SMS Junkie, and typing on Touchscreen Keypad is really problematic. Wish I could get some phone in this budget with External Keypad.

Shibadip

^^Nope!!

The problem is I'm a SMS Junkie, and typing on Touchscreen Keypad is really problematic. Wish I could get some phone in this budget with External Keypad.

External keyboard, i think is not there in this budget. U have to come dowm to Xperia mini pro!!

Shibadip

Any good phone above my budget?

for android, u can get Xperia Pro@15K, and Xperia mini Pro @ 12.5K. and Xperia play @>20K
Other than dat there is a good phone -Dell venue Pro lightning @15k, but it's a windows phone.

Other options will be Nokia phones of Symbian platform

ajaymailed

In the zone

Yeah, well regarding the Micro SD Slot, I'm fine, because max people use 2GB / 4GB SD Card these days, so U have it inbuilt. Ofcourse I'd haven't give another thought if it had an Expandable Memory upto 32GB or so. But still 4GB looks fine for me.

Battery Capacity is one of the most important thing one thinks about. For me, if the phone lasts around 24 hours with few Calls and SMS then it's fine for me.
if you dont mind me asking, you have used Optimus One for two years, so why dont you go extend your bugdet to 20-25K and try for something like HTC One S. Its a pretty huge over upgrade over Optimus One. you may want take smartphone to extreme and flagship phones just push to the boundaries. 1080p Recording/playback, 8 MP Cam, Dual Core Proc, 1 GB RAM etc.

perplexed

Journeyman

if you dont mind me asking, you have used Optimus One for two years, so why dont you go extend your bugdet to 20-25K and try for something like HTC One S. Its a pretty huge over upgrade over Optimus One. you may want take smartphone to extreme and flagship phones just push to the boundaries. 1080p Recording/playback, 8 MP Cam, Dual Core Proc, 1 GB RAM etc.

HTC One S C2 model hasn't received ICS update even after two months of One S ( US version ) getting the update !! That sucks

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

welcome.. But keep in touch before buying..'
SInce I have My xams on, so a PM would be better..

Sure. :)

Well 20k - 25k for a phone is a too much for me. I don't want to waste that much money on a phone :p

how about Atrix 2? Excellent H/W + custom rom.

Yeah, saw it.

Still can't decide..!! Even I can't decide whether to stay on LG Optimus One :p

saswat23

Human Spambot

Looking for a dual sim mobile for around 2k.
Nokia 110 is a good one. But does it have dual standby support??

Top Bottom