The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

quicky008

Technomancer
I read somewhere earlier today that like sony z1,t2 ultra also cannot be repaired but has to be replaced (even for minor issues)by paying around 50-60% of the mrp as the service guys dont know how to open the phone-is it really so?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I read somewhere earlier today that like sony z1,t2 ultra also cannot be repaired but has to be replaced (even for minor issues)by paying around 50-60% of the mrp as the service guys dont know how to open the phone-is it really so?
really?? :rofl:

Can't they just google " XYZ phone disassembly?" :lol:

quicky008

Technomancer
I am not sure how far that's accurate-i came across this info while searching for reviews on t2 ultra dual.This seems really absurd because how can they expect people to pay 60% of the mrp for a refurbished phone everytime some problem crops up?! Does anyone have any first hand knowledge or experience regarding this?

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]:you're right-there are indeed some videos on youtube showing how this phone can be opened up for carrying out repairs-and the process doesn't look very difficult at all,so the claims made by the service centers about the phone being un-openable appear to be totally false.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ maybe they were trying to open the phone using hands and not proper tools. :lol:

I remember the service centre guys kept flashing the original firmware over and over whenever I visited them to get the my Nokia 6303C fixed. I didn't knew it was a hardware problem and they took me for granted. :mad:
When I got to know what the actual problem was, it was too late. The phone was out of warranty.
The service centre refused to replace the damaged Power IC on the phone because they weren't authorised by Nokia India to do repair work. I was like "WTF, then what are you people doing here?" :facepalm:

They said they'll need to send it to Delhi for repair work and shipping will cost 4k alone while the phone was for 7.5k. :banghead: (b*tch please I can travel to Delhi and back on train well within 4k)

quicky008

Technomancer
Then how can we blame emerging brands like Micromax,lava etc for poor service when established players like nokia,samsung etc treat their customers like dirt!

satyamsit

Broken In
Looking for a mid-ranged phone (droid) in the price bracket of 13-14K. Honor 6 is my first preference but exceeding my budget. Please suggest few. I am looking at Moto G 2nd gen and Zenfone 5.

quicky008

Technomancer
Today i called sony's toll free number and enquired whether they replace or repair their z series and t2 ultra phones-their rep told me that earlier these mobiles could not be repaired as they required some kind of "special tools"-but this problem has apparently been resolved now as they have obtained the requisite tools that are necessary for this purpose,therefore now they can repair any such phone.I do hope that this individual was telling me the truth,not bluffing.
[MENTION=168190]satyamsit[/MENTION]:I suggest moto G 2nd gen-asus zenfone 5,although good,has some issues with battery life which are not present in moto g.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Then how can we blame emerging brands like Micromax,lava etc for poor service when established players like nokia,samsung etc treat their customers like dirt!

Nokia has improved its service etc now and original(and third party) parts are freely available for cheap
its the same with dell laptops
you dont necessarily buy for better service,its for availability of parts atleast for me
I know that if I have an issue with my main phone(Lumia 720) or my main laptop(dell 7520),i can get parts easily within 1-2 hours
as for service,my Lumia had network issues and they replaced the sim slot ,no questions asked within 1 week(the issue returned and it turned out the issue was with my sim card itself so it wasnt a hardware issue)

quicky008

Technomancer
^Do u have any info about sony's after sales service?Do they charge their customers exorbitantly even for carrying out basic repairs?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am hearing about Moto E's Second gen version. Comparison shows lots of things are improving, specially in camera department. Motorola Moto E (2015) vs. Motorola Moto E Dual SIM - GSMArena.com

Rumors says it will be launched around this month or the next. Worth waiting?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I am hearing about Moto E's Second gen version. Comparison shows lots of things are improving, specially in camera department. Motorola Moto E (2015) vs. Motorola Moto E Dual SIM - GSMArena.com

Rumors says it will be launched around this month or the next. Worth waiting?

if they can keep the price at 7k. budget phone with solid build and android 5.0 out of the box. which other phone offers all these in such a nice package?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
can the battery of Micromax Hue (3000 mAh) be slipped inside Micromax Nitro(2500 mAh)? Can a smartphone be assembled with stock android ?

micromax source the mobiles from different OEMs so it mayn't be possible. also different mobiles so dimension change affects battery which may be thick or of different proportion.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I totally agree with you never a Nokia Windows ever.

im afraid i disagree,im completely satisfied with my Lumia and so are many other users

- - - Updated - - -

can the battery of Micromax Hue (3000 mAh) be slipped inside Micromax Nitro(2500 mAh)? Can a smartphone be assembled with stock android ?

risky,dont true it,you might fry the phone or battery
get a decent powerbank instead such as the Mi 5200mah or 10400mah(Rs599 and 1k respectively)
I bought the latter and its great for the price

ashs1

Padawan
Powerbank acts as an portable charger.. You can charge the Powerbank and then use it to charge your mobile whenever required.

rdx_halo

In the zone
What does a bank do? Lend you money when you need, likewise a powerbank provides you power when your mobile needs.
Its a nothing but big rechargeable battery.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
What does a bank do? Lend you money when you need, likewise a powerbank provides you power when your mobile needs.
Its a nothing but big rechargeable battery.

Which is old tech now.
kraftwerk - highly innovative portable power plant

Welcome to the future.

Top Bottom