The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
This is absolutely ridiculous-it seems manufacturers like sony,samsung etc are robbing their customers in broad daylight with their obnoxious policies and practices-charging so much merely to replace a defective display seems like a deliberate ploy to force people to discard their old phones and go for a new one instead(preferably from the same brand) as no one in their right mind will pay so much to get their old phone fixed.

If its out of warranty, then say FU to the OEM, get the replacement parts from ebay/aliexpress and get it fixed for cheap locally.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
For someone who owns a sony smartphone,there's definitely a reason to worry-because if the display goes kaput then he's done for!

Yep. Happened to me. Service centre guys told me that they can only replace my zr and not fix it. They asked for 11k. I bought a g3 instead.
After buying, I realized that replacement screen costs 7k on ebay. But what the hell, new phone op.
Also service centre guys are stupid.

$hadow

Geek in making
Yep. Happened to me. Service centre guys told me that they can only replace my zr and not fix it. They asked for 11k. I bought a g3 instead.
After buying, I realized that replacement screen costs 7k on ebay. But what the hell, new phone op.

They will always show you tantrums be it in any category and the TV section is worse of all.
But yeah sony mobile section always overcharges and even after paying you might end up with not the desired results.

quicky008

Technomancer

I see-that's really annoying to say the least!Can you also please mention what exactly was the problem that you encountered with your phone's display?Is display malfunction a common issue on sony phones?

After going through all of these disquieting reports about sony's horrible after-sales service,it seems buying a Sony phone will be a terrible mistake-although i may be able to convince my friend to sell his t2 ultra for 10,000 rather than 12k,i think it may not be worthwhile afterall.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I see-that's really annoying to say the least!Can you also please mention what exactly was the problem that you encountered with your phone's display?Is display malfunction a common issue on sony phones?

After going through all of these disquieting reports about sony's horrible after-sales service,it seems buying a Sony phone will be a terrible mistake-although i may be able to convince my friend to sell his t2 ultra for 10,000 rather than 12k,i think it may not be worthwhile afterall.

Now I want to say if you're taking a risk, take a bigger one and buy Yu Yureka instead. :lol:

quicky008

Technomancer
^I have heard that micromax's a.s.s. is even worse than sony's-sometimes their service centers don't even have the necessary spare parts for some of their hi-end models and therefore they force customers who have such a phone to wait for a month (or sometimes even longer)to carry out even basic repairs.Btw how's the screen quality and battery life of yu yureka?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
^I have heard that micromax's a.s.s. is even worse than sony's-sometimes their service centers don't even have the necessary spare parts for some of their hi-end models and therefore they force customers who have such a phone to wait for a month (or sometimes even longer)to carry out even basic repairs.Btw how's the screen quality and battery life of yu yureka?

Sony service centre guys told me that they DON'T repair the Z series of smartphones. Only option is to replace by paying ~60%. Micromax wins this round.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Screen is great, viewing angles are good. Its sharp even though it has a 5.5" 720p IPS LCD Display. I haven't done battery life test and am just calibrating it for now. But I do suspect it'll be around 2 days with 5-6 hours of on screen time.

I tried to scratch the screen with fingernails only, which failed but my sister freaked out. So I didn't proceed to use a knife on it. :lol:

Will post a complete review once I've completed the testing.

- - - Updated - - -

Buddy how is old galaxy s3 neo ? The hardware is decent for non gamers.

If you see at the launch price, over-overpriced crap. :lol:
If you see at the current price, (well it wasn't worth 26k at launch, they've reduced it by 50% in 7 months) still not worth it.

Get Moto g (2014)/Redmi 1s instead

quicky008

Technomancer
Sony service centre guys told me that they DON'T repair the Z series of smartphones. Only option is to replace by paying ~60%. Micromax wins this round.

Words fail me-so that basically means irrespective of the type of problem i may be having with a z series phone(even if it happens to be quite a trivial one),i'll have no choice but to shell out 60% of the purchase price in order to get it replaced! This is absolutely outrageous-sony is blatantly taking their customers for a ride and has no compunctions about it at all!

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Words fail me-so that basically means irrespective of the type of problem i may be having with a z series phone(even if it happens to be quite a trivial one),i'll have no choice but to shell out 60% of the purchase price in order to get it replaced! This is absolutely outrageous-sony is blatantly taking their customers for a ride and has no compunctions about it at all!

They said that first they'll try "updating" the software, which I assume is same as flashing the stock rom again.

quicky008

Technomancer
^i think they replace rather than repair as their engineers lack the expertise and technical knowhow to handle such complex phones properly.

Top Bottom