The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

andy_65_in

Padawan
Re: Mobile Reference Guide: January 2012

suggestion for smartphone under Rs 10,000.00 in android-need it for browsing,some kid games,wifi and 3g,internet banking,decent camera,safe SAR values,known brands,NO chinese please,samsung preferred,please suggest both optiions that is with and without QWERTY

kaz

right here
Re: Mobile Reference Guide: January 2012

suggestion for smartphone under Rs 10,000.00 in android-need it for browsing,some kid games,wifi and 3g,internet banking,decent camera,safe SAR values,known brands,NO chinese please,samsung preferred,please suggest both optiions that is with and without QWERTY

Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2

andy_65_in

Padawan
Re: Mobile Buyer's Guide

Assisted GPS, GLOSS Support-what does this mean for the samsung gal s duos 2-does it have a regular gps.also where should i buy it from-a authorised ealer or these online websites.also KAZ any other brand phone with better features but similar price-thanks

Last edited:
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Assisted GPS, GLOSS Support-what does this mean for the samsung gal s duos 2-does it have a regular gps.also where should i buy it from-a authorised ealer or these online websites.also KAZ any other brand phone with better features but similar price-thanks

if you can live without dual sim, Xperia E1 single sim for 7.5k is an excellent deal. buy from online portal like flipkart or check locally. buying from authorized store will cost you lot more.

GLONASS is navigation system similar to GPS designed by Russia.

andy_65_in

Padawan

difference of almost Rs 2000.00 in flipkart and samsung e store for Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2.is flopkart reliable and do they offer the same warantee as samsung

kaz

right here

[MENTION=279699]netkrzr[/MENTION] I would advice you to stay away from these brands. I have seen my friends suffering after buying Xolo and Gionee phones. Recently the battery of my friend's Xolo Q700 has started swelling and he will have to buy a new one because he says battery comes with 6 months of warranty only.
[MENTION=29811]andy_65_in[/MENTION] Buy from flipkart or amazon and you won't face any warranty issues. Also checkout in local stores, you might get a nice deal.

netkrzr

Right off the assembly line
Re: XOLO Standoff.

[MENTION=279699]netkrzr[/MENTION] I would advice you to stay away from these brands. I have seen my friends suffering after buying Xolo and Gionee phones. Recently the battery of my friend's Xolo Q700 has started swelling and he will have to buy a new one because he says battery comes with 6 months of warranty only.
[MENTION=29811]andy_65_in[/MENTION] Buy from flipkart or amazon and you won't face any warranty issues. Also checkout in local stores, you might get a nice deal.

i think the problem was with xolo q700i
does ur friend have q700s or q700i?

also can u suggest any branded 3g mobile with atleast 1gb ram, 4gb rom and front camera.

- - - Updated - - -

Q800-X
Whats ur requirements?
X has a good cam+flash, a good display and is a good spec'd

thanx for ur reply mate

i am no xpert but doesnt q700s and q800s x-ed have the same camera?
dnt care much for the front camera:wink:

as for the display both a510s and q800s have 245ppi pixel density.

xolo a510s has a nice metallic body and dual led flash as flipkart tells me
q800s has compass but is a year old

q700s has the best gpu i think
not sure please correct me if i am wrong.

so like i said...standoff!!! :p

kaz

right here

[MENTION=279699]netkrzr[/MENTION] I don't think you will get 1GB ram under 10k from branded manufacturers. Though you have the option of Lumia 525 but there is no front camera and definitely no android too :p
If I had the option of buying a new phone under 10k, I would choose Lumia 525 over other local brands.

Or you can wait for Moto E.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

^ go to setting->developer tools-> select runtime (Dalvik or ART).
Titanium Backup, whatsapp and some others apps may not work with ART.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

there is little to no change in performance when you switch runtimes. synthetic benchmarks go a little down while the real performance increased a fraction. I use Motorola optimised Dalvik (used in Moto X and not compatible with CM11) in my LGOG running Paranoid Android. hence no difference in both runtimes. :D

though ART may overtake Dalvik's performance in 12-15 months. (still don't know why Titanium Backup and Whatsapp are incompatible with it. :( )

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: XOLO Standoff.

Xolo a510s vs q700s vs q800-x edition

help please.
just not able to make up my mind.

wait for Moto E. Should be priced at 8.5-10k. Won't pack quadcore processor like XOLO but much more reliable. But may have to wait a month or two.

Top Bottom