Specific Areas:anywhere u get an airtel signal
Plan Name:mobile office
set used : nokia 6670
Speed Offered:384 kbps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb):none
Validity:monthly
Price:Rs.99
Comments:i'm very^n happy ...

with the c350 i get about 8-9 kBps (=almost 70kbps) on normal day (+ browsing) .... on days that i get agood connection the speed goes to 10-11 kBps !!!
with the 6670 i get around 35kBps download speed (+ browsing).. as far as i think its working on an EDGE network ...

Thanks airtel for this offer ...sometimes the connection sucks but it comes back with lots of surprises ....!!!!!!!!!!!

ashisharya

In the zone
Sify Broadband

ISP : Sify Broadband
City : Delhi
Specific Areas : Delhi, Hyderabad, Agra, Jaipur, Ajmer, Dehradun, Bhopal
Plan : 48-kpbs unlimited
Speed Offered : Upto 64 kpbs
Usage Limitation : Upto 150 MB per day
Validity : 1 Month
Comments : no comments

naru

Broken In
Hey, isn't ne1 from delhi here?

ISP: MTNL Triband
City: New Delhi
Specific Areas: Patparganj, Mayur Vihar
Plan Name: TriB 590NU
Speed Offered: 256kbps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): UNLIMITED at night (500megs limit daytime usage)
Validity: monthly
Price: Rs 670/-
Comments: I've applied for it. Hope its good. My friends use Sify broadband thru cable. They say it sucks majorly.

Sourabh

Laptoping
hehe lets not get into tht on a tech forum

PM me wid ur yahoo id and then mebbe we can have a talk abt it :p

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I just installed tata indicom broadband.The guy came and told me its not linux compatible.Is that true?

godzi_85

In the zone
@ naru.. dude clear this doubt for me...

you get 8 hours of unlimited downloads ok.. so that is 500 mb approx in those 8 hours!!
and is there a 500 mb limit per day too?????
isn`t that 500 mb limit a month...+ unlimited between 0000- 0800 hours everyday..

C

creativeuser

ISP: iGate
City: Mumbai
Specific Areas: Pedder Road to Dadar
Plan Name: Basic Entry
Speed Offered: Day time around 128 kbps but at night it goes up to 200+ kbps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): Unlimited
Validity: NA
Price: Rs 850 per month including Taxs
Comments: When it works it pretty awesome but when there is a down time it takes lot to get it fixed quick.

naru

Broken In
@ naru.. dude clear this doubt for me...

you get 8 hours of unlimited downloads ok.. so that is 500 mb approx in those 8 hours!!
and is there a 500 mb limit per day too?????
isn`t that 500 mb limit a month...+ unlimited between 0000- 0800 hours everyday..
yes

500 Mb limit (between 8 am and midnight). thats data transfer limit for a month. Exceed that n yr charged Rs 1.20 per mb.

The unlimited part is only between midnight - 8am

Quite ok for 590 bucks (+90 for modem)

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I managed to get iGate 256kbps connection for Rs. 1000pm. It is unlimited and so far has worked pretty well. I stay at Malabar Hill.

chinmay

Journeyman
Nemi..ur avatar is deadly....where did u get it frm?....
guyz guess what...i was gettin a download speed of 800kb/s from 2 days...maan...i downloaded around 50 dvd rips....

tanmay_y

Right off the assembly line
Hey naru I am using Mtnl Triband DSL Night Unlimited.

But I think the guys at Mtnl have not done their work properly the downloaded I counted even at night.When I came to know bout I contacted the Mtnl's DGM Officer and he told that the problem will be rectified soon.

Also at night you won't get significant speed boosts.The download rate never goes above 28 KBps at night.

So far I've downloaded 15 gb in a month.

naru

Broken In
tanmay_y said:
Hey naru I am using Mtnl Triband DSL Night Unlimited.

But I think the guys at Mtnl have not done their work properly the downloaded I counted even at night.When I came to know bout I contacted the Mtnl's DGM Officer and he told that the problem will be rectified soon.

Also at night you won't get significant speed boosts.The download rate never goes above 28 KBps at night.

So far I've downloaded 15 gb in a month.

Is there some sort of a data transfer meter? How do u check??

My download speed hardly ever goes beyond 27 kBps. And McAfee's speedometer says connection hovers around 180 kbps at best. :( When I asked the MTNL guy, he said its cause I live on 4th floor and the long telephone wire result in data loss. Is that the reason??

Biplav

In the zone
@ naru: he is right to a certain degree.
yes the distance of the wires does matter.
Someone getting a connection of a broadband
and situated within 100 mts, will definitely
get speeds much more than the given speeds.(but i dont know bout mtnl )

i got a cable modem and i get speeds of 50-60 kBps in late nights!
but my friend whoose house is adjacent to the cable providers place gets a whoooooping speed of 500kBps and that too almost through out the day!

~Romil

Broken In
Well, I haven't gone thru all the 23 pages, but just askin' any Hotwire users here? 8)

Please share your feedback and + / - es of their services.

talrejaharish

Journeyman
well i think this is the best scheme ... considering i stay in Mumbai and Mumbai Central where (Sify, Tata Indicom) dont have coverage ...

Scheme Details:

Scheme Name: OL24
Rate: Rs. 551/month (if paid for 6 months together)
Speed: Shared Modem of 512kbps among 10 users (but i generally get around 10-15 kbps) ... but then again .. i use FlashGet, LimeWire and Bittorrent and ABC Bittorrent ... so speed is accelerated for me to around 30 kbps (as shown by the DU Meter I use)
Download: Unlimited

and well no other scheme could match my requirements as My DU Meter shows my monthly downloads to be between 3-4 GB/month. ....

Top Bottom