The best broadband offers available across India

naru

Broken In
I don't know about the best, but this has to be the worst:

ISP: MTNL Triband
Plan Name: DSL 399 (The cheapest plan)
Cost: Rs 479 per month (including modem rent of Rs 80).
Speed: 256 kbps
Download Limit: 400 MB

At a download cap of 400 MB per month, this works out to be extraordinarily expensive. At 256 kbps (i.e., 32 KBps) 400 MB (i.e., 400,000 KB) will have been downloaded in 12500 seconds (400000/32) or just about 3 hours and 28 minutes.

So those 3 hrs 28 minutes will cost Rs 479, or Rs 137.95 per hour!

It gets worse. Additional downloads will cost Rs 1.20 per MB (1,000 KB); at 32 KBps, that should take 31¼ seconds. And that works out to Rs 138.24 per hour!

(I got this from Techtree)

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Back on this thread after many days to report a new devlopment.

I had been out of station for a few days. In the meanwhile, my cable internet service provider, Ortel started giving out selected net users a telephone handset which connects through the cable modem and allows us to call for free anyone who has a similar cable modem from Ortel.

They have just begin hooking up and a few of my friends from Bhubaneswhar have already been provided with the handsets. I am waiting for them to start hooking up Cuttack suscribers as well. More updates as and when they drop by at my house.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
For the phone service? It's free.

As for 24 Hr internet access with data cap of 600Mb and free downloads from 11PM to 7AM, they charge 500/-

For another 125/- they thrown in a cable TV connection too.

Win win for me! :)

Biplav

In the zone
so they give u the phone free of cost?????
something fishy.hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
well i think its 175 for the cable connection and not 125 rs

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Yup, the phone is free of cost as of now. They might charge in future or continue with the free service as an add-on.

As for 125/- or 175/-, I don't remember. Our cable TV connection is separate, so I have never bothered.

godzi_85

In the zone
i have booked mtnl triband night plan...
the speeds are pretty good in my area 27-35 kB...

ISP: Mtnl
City: Mumbai
Specific Areas: all over mumbai
Plan Name: Night plan
Speed Offered: 256 kbps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): daytime limit of 500 mb.. and 12-8 free...
Validity: NA
Price: 670
Comments: i made a couple of my friends take this plan.. they live like 2 min from my house..
and the speeds are pretty good!!! totally rocks!
12-8 free ... that meand approx 15 gb a month.. i could only download around 6-9 gb a month on dial up by keeping my comp on 24*7!!
so this plan helps me save electricity, lets me downlaod more .. and i dont think i need anything else.!!
which is coool!!!
plus i`m taking this cause no other isp (sify, exatt and iquara are available here) .and they won`t be arriving in my area this year for sure :( ....
i should be getting the connection this week.. so i would post it here how good or bad it is..

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
he means that from 8AM to 12PM, whatever he downloads get added to his 500Mb download limit. Then from 12PM to 8AM, he can download as much as he likes.

hippi

Broken In
hi
I am using MTNL TRIBAND DSL NU for 1 week now...d quality of this service is ok...i am not getting a constant speed at all time though and it never goes beyon 28-30KBPS..mayne that is bcoz i still have parallel wiring in place....but what i have still not figured it out d interface mtnl provides to check triband usage...it has 3 fiels ...Quantity billed ...dowloaded quantity.....uploaded quantity...does anyone know d difference between first two ie quantity billed and downloaded quantity..they r not same for me...(should b same as uiploads r not counted)...also d difference between those two does not work out to b = d amount which i have downloaded in night...i am cofused here...also i am not sure whether they really count uploads or not..........
also they have said that u have to swicth off your router and then switch on again to avail of night unlimited advantage....i have still not found it necessary..anyone found it necessary?

naru

Broken In
triband

to check yr triband usage:

register.bol.net.in

username is yr telephone no
password is yr CA no (on top of yr bill)

Elitecoder

Broken In
i think bsnl's offer is good.
but the new areas covered by it get a lot of problems in connecting.
hope they check it soon.
Elitecoder

plasmafire

Journeyman
ISP : Sify Broadband
City : Chennai
Specific Areas : None
Plan : 48-kpbs unlimited
Speed Offered : Around 11-12 kBps
Usage Limitation : Upto 200 MB per day
Validity : 1 Month
Comments : #@#$ @#$$%#!@

Elitecoder

Broken In
bsnl is good in NCR & Delhi

i think bsnl's offer is good.
but the new areas covered by it get a lot of problems in connecting.
hope they check it soon.
Elitecoder

Tuffleo

Right off the assembly line
babumuchhala said:
ISP:Sify Broadband
City:Vashi, Navi Mumbai
Specific Areas:Vashi
Plan Name:
-
Speed Offered: 40 kbps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): Unlimited
Validity: 1 Month/2Month
Price:Rs 295/Rs 550.
Comments: Good for anyone who dosent want the headache of huge telephone bills without any speed keeds

Sify Broadband is company for which Broadband exists only in its Name and NO WHERE ELSE
Well I actually liked sify because that was the last thing I used in India
it was not that good speed but there was a way to crack it :wink: well i used it for like 3 months on a 3 mbps line :p with no fees at all :twisted: :D :p :wink: but that was like 1 year ago and i think they must have recovered that by now :(

nikhil

Broken In
got any suggestion on which isp i should get since i am living in lucknow...i have a dial up connection...

gagandeep89

Broken In
guys all this broadband monopoly by various isp's is really takin me off
and the worst part most of the ppl dunno anything bout it
ppl dunno wat is an ISP lol around here
i jus wish we all cud do sumthng bout it
its so difficult its not like we have a common customer forum or sumthng where we can jus apply or sumthng seriously man
i ve nvr evr heard isp's charging for uupload yaar
thas seriously sad

nikhil

Broken In
got any suggestion on how we should form a broadband user forum to get a fair deal from these isp's

Top Bottom