Plan Name: mobile office
Speed Offered: i get 7 KBps d/l speeds
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): unlimited
Validity: one month
Price: Rs. 99
Comments: doesnt get cheaper than this

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Now thats a great offer! Does one need a GPRS enabled cell phone for that?

Here is a deatiled table for all the services provided by my service provider.
*www.ortel.net/services.asp

TheGuru

Broken In
ISP: Touchtel (now Airtel Broadband) [Bharti]
City: Bangalore
Specific Areas: JP Nagar
Plan Name: Probably, its called Unlimited 128??!!??
Speed Offered: 128 Kbps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): NA
Validity: NA
Price: 900/- pm
Comments: This is the best deal you can get. The service is simply superb. I get a consistent 14 KBps to 16 KBps download speed. Never seen the connection go down. ADSL. "Good-enough broadband". The good news is that they will announce new tariff plans soon! Hope there will be some surprises there!
*airtel-broadband.com/tariffhd.htm

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
ISP: Relience Broadband
City: Bangalore
Specific Areas: JP Nagar
Plan Name: Plan 750 Plan 1200 Plan 3000
Speed Offered: 128, 256, 512
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): 10gb
Validity: NA
Price: Rs 750 for the 128, 1200 for 256 and 3000 for 512

Ok this is the official word I got from the website and after speaking to customer service reps in Bangalore. I will be speaking to a rep directly as I told them I want to get it installed at home. So as I know more the loop holes, if any, I will keep you updated. So far a 10gb download limit looks good!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
great_manish said:
ISP: Airtel GPRS
City: kolkata
Specific Areas:entire india (almost)

u r kidding.... i use the same connection.... never got speed over 1.5 kbps of downloading with DAP..... & without DAP it around 0.5-0.6 kbps.....

valtea

In the zone
Can somebody do something to move these giants to the North Eastern States (Mizoram) we have only crapy Dial up here

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
ok..update. This is what I got in my email this morning :

Thank you for showing interest in Reliance Broadband services.

With reference to your query regarding the data download limit, we would like to inform you that Reliance Broadband service is delivered over dedicated “always on� connectivity. However, for the larger interests of the Internet user community a cap of 10 GB is considered.

Further if your are interested Reliance Broadband services, we request you to provide us the following information :

1. Your correspondence address.
2. Complete address of the place where the connection is required along with the pin code.
3. Usage purpose (e.g.: - Residential/Corporate).

Looking forward to serve you.

sounds promising. Wonder if the limit is monthly. Will reply to them and see. Still yet to get a rep to talk to me. Will keep you updated

goobimama

 Macboy
I like my B-fone connection. its always on and no problem of bills and stuff. Plus, 4 KBps isn't all that bad.....I am running out of stuff to download...

great_manish

Journeyman
saurav_cheeta said:
great_manish said:
ISP: Airtel GPRS
City: kolkata
Specific Areas:entire india (almost)

u r kidding.... i use the same connection.... never got speed over 1.5 kbps of downloading with DAP..... & without DAP it around 0.5-0.6 kbps.....

even my nokia 6610 does not support speeds above 43.3kbps but i always get avg d/l speeds of 6-7kBps using dap.

*geocities.com/mshewakramani/Clipboard01.jpg

ichirag

Broken In
About BSNL dataone service tariff one can refer to following link
*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Good News Guys My Data One Connection is up and running I am getting a speed of 254.8 kilobits per second and the connection is stable for the past one hour Thank you BSNL for the lovely gift

hikapil

Journeyman
lavanian said:
...so does any one have an idea how good (or bad) BSNL's Rs 500 per month broad band is?

Ya we have read many reviewes about MTNL from many users.

Please share your viewes who have used BSNL's broadband.

And please also mention how they are calculating the bandwidth. to calculate the monthly Limit.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
monthly limit is quite simple really. Each machine has a MAC address which they will note and they will track ur downloads using that. The MAC address is almost impossible to change and hence cannot be bypassed. So whatever goes in/out of ur machine will be logged and hence they will account for ur downloads

demoninside

In the zone
hey ice i don't mean to regreat your comment,
But it's not tough to bypass MAC(plese in the world we live in "Impossible is nothing") even i guess a lot of buddy knows it.

Top Bottom