the Asus K53SV - SX521V and SX521D thread

Lord

Right off the assembly line
Hello Guys,

Finally I bought the iPowerhouse :)

Config: ASUS | Intel i7-2670QM, 2.2 Ghz | RAM: 8GB | GPU: 2GB Nvidia GT 540M | HDD: 750GB

I bought the K53SV - SX521D model for Rs.45,300 + VAT.
Was that a Good deal ??

- Using Operating Systems:
1. Windows 7 Ultimate x64
2. Windows 8 CP x64
3. Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x64​

- I updated the BIOS to 320

- Everything is Fine. But when I play game F1 2011 in max settings 60fps, the Temp goes upto 85 C. Is this temp with that mode Normal ??

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
Hello Guys,

Config: ASUS | Intel i7-2670QM, 2.2 Ghz | RAM: 8GB | GPU: 2GB Nvidia GT 540M | HDD: 750GB

Was that a Good deal ??

2. Windows 8 CP x64
3. Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x64​

- Everything is Fine. But when I play game F1 2011 in max settings 60fps, the Temp goes upto 85 C. Is this temp with that mode Normal ??

Congrats for your new laptop the temperature is normal bro, carry on gaming as asus got a great heat-sink so it wont be a issue for you. Even i have the same laptop. i am playing Max Payne 3 now and its working fine, i am playing at high settings .

rockinggokul

hello dear td forumites
i'm lookin for an upgrade to my trusty ol' aspire (dual core,1gb,160 hd)

zeroed up on Asus for the amazing VFM

got 2 models in my head :

Asus k53s... with i7-2610 , 4gb ram , 750 gb hard disk and 2gb Nvidia (not sure but guess its the 540m)
@40 k

and the other

Asus K55VM... with i7-3610qm , 8gb ram n 1tb hd with 2gb Nvidia 630m + 1 gb intel HD graphics 4000
@50k

so is the k55vm good enough for the extra 10k ?????

both come with backpack,mouse,headset..
also the dealer says the ram is upgradable for an extra 1500 to 8 gigs(for k53S )ofcourse!

so lookin for some good piece of advice.....
n also any other better suggestions (if any:wink:)

thanks already!!! :)

Lord

Hello Guys,

Was that a Good deal ??

2. Windows 8 CP x64
3. Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x64​

Hey Guys, was the price right or I got cheated ?

aroraanant

Explorer
hello dear td forumites
i'm lookin for an upgrade to my trusty ol' aspire (dual core,1gb,160 hd)

zeroed up on Asus for the amazing VFM

got 2 models in my head :

Asus k53s... with i7-2610 , 4gb ram , 750 gb hard disk and 2gb Nvidia (not sure but guess its the 540m)
@40 k

and the other

Asus K55VM... with i7-3610qm , 8gb ram n 1tb hd with 2gb Nvidia 630m + 1 gb intel HD graphics 4000
@50k

so is the k55vm good enough for the extra 10k ?????

both come with backpack,mouse,headset..
also the dealer says the ram is upgradable for an extra 1500 to 8 gigs(for k53S )ofcourse!

so lookin for some good piece of advice.....
n also any other better suggestions (if any:wink:)

thanks already!!! :)

Get the one for 40k, or if you can spare some more amount then obviously the other one is better but if I would be at your place I have gone for the one available at 40k

vipulgreattt

Broken In
Hi friends.

I am new to the Thinkdigit community, but I have been following this thread from past few days. I am also planning to buy a laptop for around 45k, for light gaming and good performance. Also I have liked ASUS K53 series from its specs and now I am planning for ASUS K53SM (here)

Its just that I am little worried about the battery back up too. I know for a gaming laptop I shouldnt expect too much of it, but I wouldnt be gaming on it when unplugged. And so while unplugged and working, I expect it to last for around 3-4 hours. Will this be a good choice???

I am going for i5 version for the same reason of battery backup.

There is another choice of Z580, which more or less is similar to this product, but from reviews of Lenovo I dont really think its a good idea because of poor ASS.

Any thoughts or suggestions?? and is there another alternative for my needs.

TIA

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hi friends.

I am new to the Thinkdigit community, but I have been following this thread from past few days. I am also planning to buy a laptop for around 45k, for light gaming and good performance. Also I have liked ASUS K53 series from its specs and now I am planning for ASUS K53SM (here)

Its just that I am little worried about the battery back up too. I know for a gaming laptop I shouldnt expect too much of it, but I wouldnt be gaming on it when unplugged. And so while unplugged and working, I expect it to last for around 3-4 hours. Will this be a good choice???

I am going for i5 version for the same reason of battery backup.

There is another choice of Z580, which more or less is similar to this product, but from reviews of Lenovo I dont really think its a good idea because of poor ASS.

Any thoughts or suggestions?? and is there another alternative for my needs.

TIA

Welcome to TDF :)

You're not wrong with your choice. You may proceed with it. Also have a look at Trinity models lanuched by HP if your sole purpose is gaming.

vipulgreattt

Broken In
Welcome to TDF :)

You're not wrong with your choice. You may proceed with it. Also have a look at Trinity models lanuched by HP if your sole purpose is gaming.

Thanks Sujay..:lol:

The thing is I am not much aware of the technical stuff, so I have no idea about how trinity series will be better than the older ones. But I do understand that it should be an upgrade.

Also from lot of complaints and bad reviews of HP, i want to avoid it for now. I do play games, a lot but usually online games e.g. Counter Strike or AOM, which usually dont require much of the graphics. I am just thinking about going for occasional gaming for like 1-2 hour a day sometimes, thats why I thought of having GPU.

About the ASUS K53 SM, do you think it would be much different from the K53SV series. Because I've seen reviews for SV series and I'd by buying solely on the basis of those. Can you please tell me if it has integrated graphics (switching to normal graphics while not gaming). It can be there in specs, but as I said I dont know much of the technical stuff so I may not have understood.

In TDF I got this link for review of ASS of Lenovo.
But in some other thread I came to know that Lenovo is like 2nd ranked for its laptops in year 2012. Now I am really confused. My brother also likes the looks of Lenovo Z580. comparison is here.
Can anybody please give his views about the dilemma. :lol:

SijuS

Broken In
Yes, Lenovo is ranked No.2 for the year 2012. But the thing is, it differs from country to country. In India, Lenovo doesnt have a good ASS. HP or Dell is the best choice for ASS in India. Yes, HP used to have problems with heating and stuff, but thats history now.

In addition to the trinity laptops, do have a look at the new Inspiron series too, the non special editions ones as it suits your budget. It come with a third generation i5 processor, AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M DDR3 1GB gfx at under 45k which looks good imo.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
look my situation is same like yours, considering ASUS and i also play CS 1.6, and intel HD 3000 is more than enough, my friend got that lappy and while playing online he get 100 fps at native resolution playing with integrated graphics, forget GT 630M :D

but your budget is 45k, you should look at new inspiron series with 3rd gen I5 with AMD 7670M discrete graphic card :) even im considering the same, but people here are now saying that DELL has HDD and other problem :mad:

vipulgreattt

Broken In
Thanks for reply guys..

In addition to the trinity laptops, do have a look at the new Inspiron series too, the non special editions ones as it suits your budget. It come with a third generation i5 processor, AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M DDR3 1GB gfx at under 45k which looks good imo.

Yes, I saw this one here

Looks good with its GPU which I guess is slightly better than GT 630M (source)

look my situation is same like yours, considering ASUS and i also play CS 1.6, and intel HD 3000 is more than enough, my friend got that lappy and while playing online he get 100 fps at native resolution playing with integrated graphics, forget GT 630M :D

but your budget is 45k, you should look at new inspiron series with 3rd gen I5 with AMD 7670M discrete graphic card :) even im considering the same, but people here are now saying that DELL has HDD and other problem :mad:

Well I do play CS 1.6, and I know HD3000 will be more than enough. I just wanted to go for other games for a while. Otherwise I do fine in cs at 60fps too :lol:

Btw, I've heard some bad reviews about Dell too, like bad ASS.

May be its just a rare case, but there are people who dont like Dell quality wise (not talking in india. Because I think it has good reputation in india somehow).

cyanide0007

Broken In
Btw, I've heard some bad reviews about Dell too, like bad ASS.

May be its just a rare case, but there are people who dont like Dell quality wise (not talking in india. Because I think it has good reputation in india somehow).

Ya.. many of my frnds got DELL n fedup wid deir lappy's.
evry alternative month dey r visiting SERVICE CENTRE :-D
They said " its bettr u consider any other brand over DELL n HP. though deir ASS is gud n dey do give maximum warranty bcz dey use all 2nd hand Materials fr manufacturing :p "

Top Bottom