the Asus K53SV - SX521V and SX521D thread

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@cyanide0007

Please post in English. SMS Lingo is not allowed here.

Thanks. :)

cyanide0007

Broken In
look my situation is same like yours, considering ASUS and i also play CS 1.6, and intel HD 3000 is more than enough, my friend got that lappy and while playing online he get 100 fps at native resolution playing with integrated graphics, forget GT 630M :D

but your budget is 45k, you should look at new inspiron series with 3rd gen I5 with AMD 7670M discrete graphic card :) even im considering the same, but people here are now saying that DELL has HDD and other problem :mad:

Same here too.. confused wether to go for ASUS or DELL(just considering the 15r edition and their ASS)..

some PRO ASUS users please help us... Same question am asking for 4th time :p Is ASUS ASS good?? What about the Build quality?? will it last for atleast 4 years?? In recent Posts on TDF i saw sme worst commnts abt ASUS :-(

@cyanide0007

Please post in English. SMS Lingo is not allowed here.

Thanks. :)

Ohh Sorry :(

Last edited:

vipulgreattt

Broken In
Same here too.. confused wether to go for ASUS or DELL(just considering the 15r edition and their ASS)..

some PRO ASUS users please help us... Same question am asking for 4th time :p Is ASUS ASS good?? What about the Build quality?? will it last for atleast 4 years?? In recent Posts on TDF i saw sme worst commnts abt ASUS :-(

Which worst comments?? I didnt find any?? Link??
And yes Please pro users.. Please help

the link you have posted about DELL's ASS is horrible :( , those comments are all from this month only :shock:

Exactly.. I am so confused... Is there any hope for 3rd generation i5 coming soon in ASUS?? That'd be awesome I guess. Looking at the cool performance of same in Inspiron 15R SE, it would be a great machine when available in ASUS.. But again, idk why ASUS isnt much in news in India.. I hardly could find any video review of selected ASUS models on youtube :|

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
People will always have complaints regarding any and every laptop company. Whether their service or their models.

Just buy whatever you feel is appropriate. I treat all companies equally. You'll read equal amount of good and bad stories for everyone.

cyanide0007

Broken In
Exactly.. I am so confused... Is there any hope for 3rd generation i5 coming soon in ASUS?? That'd be awesome I guess. Looking at the cool performance of same in Inspiron 15R SE, it would be a great machine when available in ASUS.. But again, idk why ASUS isnt much in news in India.. I hardly could find any video review of selected ASUS models on youtube :|

Ya even iam waiting for ASUS 3rd gen :-D hopefully before 10th july :)

aroraanant

Explorer
Is ASUS ASS good?? What about the Build quality?? will it last for atleast 4 years??
It is pretty good, they provide onsite warranty.
And their build quality is also very good.
Yes it will last easily for 4yrs

OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman
Is ASUS ASS good?? What about the Build quality?? will it last for atleast 4 years??
After sales service quality varies from place to place. Better check it with users from your region. Build quality is pretty good, better than average for the segment i would say. I'm using one for the past 8 months and have not faced any problems to date, hope it will stay like this in future too. I've had no experiences with the service centre so far, so can't comment about them. You will find good and bad reviews for every company, you just have to buy the one which suits you most.

cyanide0007

Broken In
It is pretty good, they provide onsite warranty.
And their build quality is also very good.
Yes it will last easily for 4yrs

Thanks Aroraanant.

Am from Mangalore, Karnataka. Any ASUS users from Mangalore suggest me a good Shop and also Tell me about ASS in Mangalore.

vipulgreattt

Broken In
After sales service quality varies from place to place. Better check it with users from your region. Build quality is pretty good, better than average for the segment i would say. I'm using one for the past 8 months and have not faced any problems to date, hope it will stay like this in future too. I've had no experiences with the service centre so far, so can't comment about them. You will find good and bad reviews for every company, you just have to buy the one which suits you most.

Thanks Alien.. It sounds really nice.. And K53SM is of same class so I guess it can be as good as yours... Still I am hoping for some more reviews, especially on K53SM, as there might be some differences.. I am not in hurry to buy so I can actually wait for 3rd generation i5.. I just hope that I can maintain my patience till then:lol:

OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman
I am not in hurry to buy so I can actually wait for 3rd generation i5
If you are not in a hurry it is better to wait. As more manufacturers launch Ivybridge/Trinity models prices may come down.

arjun123100

Broken In
Hi friends,Any Asus SX010D owners here,from Chennai?
If then which is the best shop for getting the laptop at the right price with extra accessories?
I went to Laptop Plus in Express Avenue mall,where,they quoted 41000 with 5 times service per year in their office+backpack+mouse+Keyboard+Laptop torch.Is is a good quote?

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
What is this 5 times service per year????
Asus gives onsite warranty and you can get serviced as many time as you want.
The deal is ok, not good not bad.

Lord

Right off the assembly line
Guys who are confused, for them:

Laptop Failure Rates - Laptop Reliability Ratings - Laptop Malfunction Rates

*www.squaretrade.com/htm/pdf/SquareTrade_laptop_reliability_1109.pdf

Check it out!

arjun123100

Broken In
^^^^
What is this 5 times service per year????
Asus gives onsite warranty and you can get serviced as many time as you want.
The deal is ok, not good not bad.

I think that's,They do 5 times service at their shop..?
But no problem.Got it from some other shop at 39,500 rupees with win7 ultimate+Logitech Headphones+Mouse+MousePad+Bagpack.Good deal,isn't it?

Top Bottom