the Asus K53SV - SX521V and SX521D thread

aroraanant

Explorer
Purchased ASUS K53SV-SX521D. Real nice laptop also no display issues whatsoever. Installed Win 7 x64 ultimate and all the drivers.

Congrats for your new purchase....

To Play games like GTA 4, Just Cause 2 and Battlefield 3 on Mid-High Settings, heavy usage(overnight downloading) and watch HD movies..

Yes its a great laptop.
Go for it.
And at the same time please have a look at Sony CB45 also

pratyush997

Inactive
@aroraanant i'm Asking About ASUS K43SA-VX041D Laptop Not this one ..
and is there any display issues in Asus K43SA Laptop

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Awesome purchase dude. Although I wish the GPU's get better on lappies. At 50k, we should be getting GTX560M or something

nmd

Right off the assembly line
bro...i bought sx521D version of this laptop which comes with a free DOS.Other than the OS installation(i'll install windows7),can ya please guide me in installing other necessary software n drivers.Please be elaborate..i have never used even a desktop all ma life

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
bro...i bought sx521D version of this laptop which comes with a free DOS.Other than the OS installation(i'll install windows7),can ya please guide me in installing other necessary software n drivers.Please be elaborate..i have never used even a desktop all ma life

Welcome to TDF, we shall be more than happy to help you. :)

First tell me, you got driver CD/DVD with your laptop? Because they are the bare essentials to install and make the hardware working before moving ahead.

STROMHAWK

Right off the assembly line
hi frndz....
I saw d k53sv-sx521d model in flipkart. But its out of stock n some frndz report that, asus stopped manufacturin that model...
one of my frndz bought it for Rs.43,500 frm a dealer in bnglr. but its out of stock with that dealer nw.
so anyone knows a dealer in n around chennai or hyderabad who still has that model in stock?

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
It has been replaced by Asus K53SM-SX016D.So ask that dealer only that what price he can offer you for this model.
Coz 43.5k for 521D is really a great deal.And Asus have also increased the prices now.

RizEon

Broken In
Planning to buy the same lappy as OP.(521v)
But the issue of display that cyanide pointed out got me thinking
@alien how is the display?
the other option on mind is cb45.

Major use: 3dsmax, adobe premier, Photoshop, games like assassins creed , nfs, and .mkv movies, in addition to browsing n usual ms office.

A comparison between the cpu-gpu combinations for both wud b great if possible .
And ofcourse the display of asus is a concern, so user experience is the best way to find out.

I have about one week. Please help.
Thanks in advance :)

RizEon

Broken In
BTW i think that model has been rebranded to sx016 and cant find anything on the win7 inclusive veraion :(
Asus K53SM-SX016D/2nd Gen Ci7 /8 GB/750 GB/2GB graphics/DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook
Plus, price rise

aroraanant

Explorer
Both the asus one as well as sony one are good, pick anyone you like.
More into gaming then pick Asus, if you want a good display then get Sony

RizEon

Broken In
@aroraanant thnx :) as i mentioned above, i guess it has been replaced by sx016 model, with a price hike and i cant find any damn info of the windows vesion of it anywhere....

Top Bottom