TERROR ATTACK!!! Firing and blasts in Mumbai...

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_devil

Back!
^^^+1

I support going to war. At least India should teach a lesson to PaK....ye roz roz k bombs etc se to accha hai ek baar main hee saara hisaab kitaab clear ho jaye..Sau sunaar ki ek Lohar ki !

i just cant believe you guys !! you think going to war is that simple solution ??:rolleyes:

dont you even for a second think about the ways it will affect the economy of our country ?? sanctions from other countries, dip in forex reserves--- just think about it.. (and please STOP PLAYING THOSE STUPID COMPUTER GAMES BEFORE YOU START TO THINK :mad:)

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
and please STOP PLAYING THOSE STUPID COMPUTER GAMES BEFORE YOU START TO THINK )
I dont play PC games..Im not a kid :D
See my profile for my age ...

Also I know going to war isnt that simple but at least

1. Stop all illegal immigration from Bangladesh :twisted:
2. Make SSN database like US
3. Make army , police career more attractive .
4. Secure and seal our borders.Take advice and help from Israel .

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
guys, put on ur thinking caps, if we declare war against Pakistan, humlog sure unpe bhari padenge, but if out of frustration they nuke us first, even if we win then, it would b of no use. Remember Japan, it took ages for them to recover.

Najdiki fayde-ke liye dur ka nuksan mat karo.

Isolation is d only way, if world bank stops lending them money and chinese govt. can be convinced not to help them, then they would be crippled.

Our own terrorist army is a good idea:rolleyes:, but if somehow its exposed, we as a "good boy" imagewala country will be in gr8 danger. Till date due to our clean image US, Russia even China was forced to accept our terms/demands.
So...I say no war...

1. Stop all illegal immigration from Bangladesh :twisted:
2. Make SSN database like US
3. Make army , police career more attractive .
4. Secure and seal our borders.Take advice and help from Israel .
+1 Now u r talking sensibly, rather going to war, we can improve ourselves.

Last edited:

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
and chinese govt. can be convinced not to help them
hahaha..do u know China helped Pak to build all its missiles, nukes etc etc ...and there was a report published in TOI that even now, 77% Chinese consider Indians as enemy..and Dalai Lama is still in India..(Tibet issue) ..How can you even think China can suppport us ?

Our own terrorist army is a good idea, but if somehow its exposed, we as a "good boy" imagewala country will be in gr8 danger
Have u ever read about operations of Mossad or FBI or MI5 or KGB ? Their agents if caught do not reveal their nationality and they had already signed a contract with govt , that if caught ,they will be disowned immediately..

Does RAW have that kind of ba**s to send special agents to PoK and Bangladesh to infiltrate and kill terrrorists there ??

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
hahaha..do u know China helped Pak to build all its missiles, nukes etc etc ...and there was a report published in TOI that even now, 77% Chinese consider Indians as enemy..and Dalai Lama is still in India..(Tibet issue) ..How can you even think China can suppport us ?
There was a "IF" at the beginning of that sentence, u missed it.

Have u ever read about operations of Mossad or FBI or MI5 or KGB ? Their agents if caught do not reveal their nationality and they had already signed a contract with govt , that if caught ,they will be disowned immediately..
Ya, I've heard, thats d reason I mentioned, if "EXPOSED", willingly or unwillingly by the operatives.
Does RAW have that kind of ba**s to send special agents to PoK and Bangladesh to infiltrate and kill terrrorists there ??
No idea, if they can brainwash people, we also can; we've not yet tried dat doesn't mean we can't.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
war doesn't decide who won, but who's left :p

Nuking will atleast get rid of the poor creatures like us. And who cares for already down in the douche economy, like as if we are expecting a golden century tomorrow :rolleyes:

It's too late to mend what's broken, die like rest gradually or take it in one gulp :p

Talking about rehab and all that sh!te will again be a slap on ourselves after sometime or so. Nobody cares, and nobody fcuking cares outside his perimeter.

I have seen same cycle repeating for umpteenth times, first we are bombed then we increase security and stop relationships. Later we forget that and then again same fcuking thing plays on loop.

This thread dies like rest but nothing will change, for change it needs the demolition of things so horribly gone wrong. But you cant patch it coz again at some time it will start leaking and cant even break it in small amounts day by day to make it from beginning...lol

Here is something I found which speaks for itself,

A guy wins a shooting game in Olympics and gets 3 crores but the one who got killed in action while saving life was given 5 lacs as compensations :/

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
T u seemed to be very much frustrated about this country, tell me is it the end, is there no other way, is our back is pressed against wall, is there actually no hope left for us, hum kaya kuch bhi nahi kar sakte rather going to war.

*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/30.png

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
No idea, if they can brainwash people, we also can; we've not yet tried dat doesn't mean we can't.
who are we here..its not u n me ..its the PM who has to decide..but he will not try and will not even think about it...This country needs a eagle eye hawkish PM like Modi not MM singh :evil:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
who are we here..its not u n me ..its the PM who has to decide..but he will not try and will not even think about it...This country needs a eagle eye hawkish PM like Modi not MM singh :evil:
If u go by this, then this country needs a DICTATORSHIP not a democracy, in democracy u can't imagine "those".

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
T u seemed to be very much frustrated about this country, tell me is it the end, is there no other way, is our back is pressed against wall, is there actually no hope left for us, hum kaya kuch bhi nahi kar sakte rather going to war.

*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/30.png
Am not frustrated about this country, it's the same everywhere. Tell me what could be done, how will you tell common people to unite who doesn't even think over cast, religion and regionalism. It's we (or our ancestors), who went somewhere terribly wrong. Do you see a good future with people using pills for happiness (reduce stress) and other artificial things and brands to look better feel better but at last left quite fugly with appearance and inside conscience. For every thing there is paper work, verification, you are tagged and labeled everywhere like products. We are technologically more advanced than our Neanderthal ancestor but tell me how much our life has simplified, or rather I say it has gone more complicated :p How many times you see vast green lands full of nature's beauty, but now we make a trip in weekends for those things as a picnic spot. Every person right next to you is good till you have got something valuable for him, it's all business now. You are walking with everyone on the same road to nowhere, but still you feel as if you are alone or missing someone and sometimes betrayed. Thank God we are not immortal and don't live like 100 years now :p

PS: Don't think I have written it as am just a hopeless poor fellow without any friends or caring person. I have one good friend (he is like a soulmate to me). And loving/caring family. But how much is that no, compared to the crowd :/

red_devil

Back!

with your earlier post about the borders etc., i thought you had some sensibility restored in you... but alas i was mistaken.

you want EAGLE EYE HAWKISH PM like MODI ??
where was this eagle eyed hawkish MODI when the terrorists used a boat and a port of Gujarat ??

and MODI is no statesman....a couple of days ago he was targeting the ATS chief and accusing him of inefficiency and then when he dies, Modi in a bid to score a few BROWNIE POINTS hails him and even announces a compensation package... all this whilst the operations were still on, and a lot of people were yet to be safely released from the TAJ.

MMS is a true statesman. It is statesmen like Vajpayee and MMS who deserve to be PM's rather than hot heads like Advani and Modi. (and NO way does Mayawati deserve to be considered in such leagues)

and I completely agree with the 2nd half of what T has to said.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
*sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14808303

VERY THOUGHT PROVOKING ARTICLE :

It was a national humiliation

Arvind Lavakare

Arvind Lavakare may be 71, but the fire in his belly burns stronger than in many people half his age. The economics post-graduate worked with the Reserve Bank of India and several private and public sector companies before retiring in 1997. His first love, however, remains sports. An accredited cricket umpire in Mumbai, he has reported and commented on cricket matches for newspapers, Doordarshan and AIR. Lavakare has also been regularly writing on politics since 1997, and published a monograph, The Truth About Article 370, in 2005.

Hang your heads in shame, my countrymen. Do it because a dozen-odd terrorists traveled 500 nautical miles of the Arabian sea from Karachi to Mumbai’s Gateway of India, just opposite the grandiose Taj Mahal Hotel and proceeded to humble the city of 16.4 million into utter helpless ness for over 48 hours even as over 125 civilians and some distinguished professional security men lost their lives to the hand grenades and rifle bullets of a fanatical mindset. It was a humiliation worse than the drubbing the Chinese army gave us in 1961.

‘ Special: Mumbai under siege’

It was because our motherland, India, is a soft nation, tested and proven so several times. Despite the weighty evidence of Clement Atlee, the Britain’s post World War II prime minister to the contrary, the Congress party brainwashed the entire nation, including the press, that it was the non-violence strategy of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi that brought us independence.
Atlee had expressed fears regarding the rage of Subhash Chandra Bose’s Indian National Army as a reason for its decision to give us independence; another reason was that World War II had liquidated the British Empire and left it to ration even eggs to the citizens of England. But Gandhi disliked Bose’s guts and gumption and Nehru sent the officers of the valiant INA to a secret trial in the Red Fort.

Thus, even as the Congress of Gandhi and Nehru, his pampered disciple, ahimsa, non-violence, became the motto of our motherland. So bad has this become over the last 60 years that today even killing a stray dog on the street, however vicious and sick, has become a crime, courtesy another Gandhi, Maneka by name.
Take the more serious issue of terrorism. Excepting during the Khalistan uprising in the eighties that was ultimately doused by K.P.S. Gill and his brave police force, our country’s approach to terrorism has all along been tepid and timid, castrated and impotent.

Because almost all the terrorist acts in recent years have involved Muslims as the perpetrators, and because of the Congress fetish of appeasing the minority Muslim community at any cost, our soft national psyche inherited from Gandhi, our response to terrorism has become a combination of impotence and vote bank politics sought to be covered by rhetoric and pleas for peace.

At every stage of our every “encounter” with a terrorist act, our collective national response has been reactive rather than active, defensive rather than offensive. Public statements are issued, action is promised. Period. Nothing else really happens.

At the base of it all is the shameful fact that we choose to be confused by terrorism. We are not sure whether to treat it as a law and order problem or as an act of war against the nation. Our elite journalists of the print and TV/radio world are not even sure as to whether to describe those who indulge in an act of terror as “militants” or “terrorists”.

Reams of newspaper reports are testimony to this confusion. The latest Mumbai drama was no different as one prominent TV channel kept on describing the killed terrorists as “militants”. Politicians are, or choose to be, equally confused in this simple matter.

Yes, it is a simple matter because the English dictionary will tell you that a militant is one who confronts, face to face, not one who wears a mask; and this militant does not wield an AK 47 or throws hand grenades or detonates a bomb with remote control mechanism.

Further, we have had the phrase “terrorism act” well defined in one of our Constitutional documents right from 1985.

Called “The Constitution (Application to Jammu and Kashmir) Order”, it empowered Parliament to enact any law to prevent “terrorist acts” and went on to define “terrorist act” as “any act or thing by using bombs, dynamite or other explosive substances or inflammable substances or firearms or other lethal weapons or poisons or noxious gases or other chemicals or any other substances (whether biological or otherwise) of a hazardous nature.” By corollary, the perpetrator of a “terrorist act” is a “terrorist If you get your concepts right; the right action will follow --- provided you love your country more than your political party or your own advancement in political circles.

Tragically, that hasn’t happened in our country so far and is unlikely to ever happen till, heaven forbid, a colossal and unbelievable act of terror paralyses the entire country into a daze.

Just recall some events of recent years. The UPA government that came in 2004 quickly repealed the Prevention of Terrorist Act (POTA) which the Vajpayee-led NDA government had introduced after the ghastly attack in December 2001.

It was not withdrawn because of its stringent features but because it was allegedly misused against the minorities (read Muslims). The basic fact was that the Congress, which heads the UPA sarkar, wanted to appease and win over the Muslims with one more lollipop.

Amusingly enough, any call by the BJP for the re-introduction of POTA or some such tough law is counterattacked by the Congress. “Did your POTA prevent the attack on the Akshardham Temple?” they ask.

Forgotten in this child-like question is that it was POTA that secured the conviction of Afzal Guru. Forgotten is that the acceptance of a confession to the police as evidence (considered a draconian legal provision) was what led to the conviction under TADA of Rajiv Gandhi’s assassins.

In several other areas as well, our successive governments have failed to act in ways so crucial to minimize, if not totally stop, the reign of terror that now occurs so frequently that from a tragedy it has become a joke for the cynic.

Take the policing of our urban areas which are the focal points of terrorism. Lt General Sinha recently disclosed that in the last sixty years after Independence the number of police stations in the country has increased by a laughable 15 per cent over the figure of 12,000 that existed then.

In contrast, he says, our population has increased four times in that same period even as policing has become so much more complex than before.

Further, whatever police force available is overworked but underpaid, apart from being manipulated and exploited by their political bosses. That is why, at least Mumbai’s policemen, and policewomen , look so unfit, almost obese, and so blank in face.

Ditto with our Intelligence force. Marginal increase in their strength has occurred, but assignments include assessment of likely performance of the ruling party in the coming elections. And why the National Security Advisor should have been involved so much in the Indo-US nuclear deal as he actually was is a mystery.

Then there’s the human rights industry and our politicians’ concern for it much beyond national interest. And there’s that impractical concern for “guilty beyond reasonable doubt” even in matters of terrorism. If cockroaches had votes and rats had a religion, our politicians would enact a law prohibiting killing of those two living species as well.

Imagine the People’s Democratic Party of Jammu & Kashmir granting pensions from government to families of slain terrorists. Imagine, the Prime Minister himself disclosing his sleepless night over the plight of the mother of an Indian Muslim held in police custody in Australia on suspicion of being involved in a bomb blast but not over the plight of mothers of thousands of his innocent countrymen killed in terrorist violence.

Imagine two Cabinet Ministers oppose the ban on SIMI despite the latter’s proven guilt. Imagine one Cabinet Minister wanting all illegal migrants from Bangladesh to be given full citizenship rights, when it is well-known that many among them have links with terrorists. Imagine another Cabinet Minister approving of a University vice chancellor’s decision to deploy funds provided by a foreign government to be utilized for the legal defence of two of his University students accused of involvement in terrorist violence.

Imagine, lastly, that amounts running into thousands of crores have been spent on the Haj subsidy for Muslims but the security of our very long coastline on the west is so ill-funded that terrorists can come from Karachi across the Arabian Sea to Mumbai without being spotted.

Contrast all of this is typically indolent-cum-idealistic-cum-selfish Indian attitude to the stark realism and patriotism of the USA when 9/11 occurred in 2001. One thing that nation did shortly after that dastardly day was the enactment by the USA Congress of what’s come to be known as the USA Patriot Act. That nomenclature is really an acronym, and the full name of that legislation is "Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001". If a name can arouse emotions, that one certainly does. And however draconian that law has been, it has prevented the recurrence of 9/11.

Unless the whole young nation of ours forgets non-violence as a magic mantra and unless our politicians show a commitment similar to that of the USA to engage in a literal war against terror, we shall continue to allow just about a dozen-odd terrorists to humiliate an entire nation for over 48 hours, even as a naïve Prime Minister calls the Pakistan chief of intelligence to share info with us.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
T, mere dost, I'm sorry I'm unable to answer u right now. D reply needs to be very descriptive but I don't have time now.

But, I'll sure come back. I promise.

red_devil

Back!
T, you could do with dividing the whole post into a few paragraphs.. helps me feel that I'm not reading one of those boring essays of school ;)

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
you want EAGLE EYE HAWKISH PM like MODI ??
where was this eagle eyed hawkish MODI when the terrorists used a boat and a port of Gujarat ??
He is not a superman who protects us by watching every corner 24*7....Its his policies that are doing damn good to Gujarat..Have u ever been to Surat ?..Its 10 times more cleaner than Delhi..Auto walla charges appropriate money..Bijli kabhi nahin jaati...roads are cleaned in night till morning..This is GUJARAT and thats only by efforts of Modi :)

Also what MH police, navy ,coastal police has done when they already got the info in SEPT that Taj may be attacked ?

red_devil

Back!
^^ err...i've never been to any part of gujarat..

i'm not even saying that Modi hasn't done a good job. It is just that the PM of any country (except probably Pak) is a true statesman. The profile of Modi isn't even close to that of MMS.

Besides, Modi and his diplomatic skills are still unpolished. The world order runs through diplomacy which he isn't exactly good at.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
If we can't nuke them then atleast find that f*cker Dawood. Is it really difficult to find one man and put a bullet down his ass? He is responsible for most of the terrorist attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom