Status
Not open for further replies.

root.king

geek in action
hai guys
i'm using
ASUS P5G41T-M LX motherboard
with intel dual core processor
its has overclock option in bios but i cant monitor cpu and mobo temp. In windows so if do you guys know any software then plz suggest me
thanx

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ core temp won't work with intel cpus - only amd cpus are supported.

I would recommend using HWMonitor or HWinfo - best one IMO ;-)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even, I had, in past. ;)

But HWInfo is the ultimate. More information than you could actually digest. ;)

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I never tried (will try soon) CoreTEMP and HWInfo, because I use SpeedFan all the time.

OP
root.king

root.king

geek in action
guys
i got the
Asus PC PROB 2
Its a freeware and its working fine
it can shows

vcore temp.
vcore voltage
mobo temp.
12volt
5volt
3volt
cpu fan speed
system fan speed
but cant overclock with this software
do u guys know any software that can overclock the system via windows, i'm using windows7

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
CoreTEMP does work, with Intel. I use it all the time. :)

Even, I had, in past. ;)

But HWInfo is the ultimate. More information than you could actually digest. ;)

thanks for pointing it out - core temp works with Intel cpus and now I remember - core temp always showed 5c lower temp than real temp on my previous e5200 and it's real temp which does not support AMD cpu - just confused one with another as I don't use either of them anymore ;-)

guys
i got the
Asus PC PROB 2
Its a freeware and its working fine
it can shows

vcore temp.
vcore voltage
mobo temp.
12volt
5volt
3volt
cpu fan speed
system fan speed
but cant overclock with this software
do u guys know any software that can overclock the system via windows, i'm using windows7

Asus PC prob will only work with Asus mobos but HWMonitor/HWInfo will give you much more infos and they work with any cpu and mobo.

For OC your only option is to play with bios settings but as your's is a value mobo I don't think you can OC your cpu much with it.

OP
root.king

root.king

geek in action
thanks for pointing it out - core temp works with Intel cpus and now I remember - core temp always showed 5c lower temp than real temp on my previous e5200 and it's real temp which does not support AMD cpu - just confused one with another as I don't use either of them anymore ;-)

Asus PC prob will only work with Asus mobos but HWMonitor/HWInfo will give you much more infos and they work with any cpu and mobo.

For OC your only option is to play with bios settings but as your's is a value mobo I don't think you can OC your cpu much with it.

when i boot to windows asus pc prob2 shows 39'c after 10min itll drop to 28'c anything wrong with my system
and plz post the links for that softwares.
And another thing is overclocking the pc in bios is safest but takes much more time and ofcorse we dont have much time.
Thanx guys for your co-operation.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
when you boot into windows startup apps are launched and for that cpu usage increase and it put heavy load on the cpu for a very short time and pc probe detects the load temp during that time and that's why it's showing you 39c.

After sometime because of cpu power saving features and when other startup apps are loaded the cpu usage comes down to 0-1/2 % and cpu speed and voltage also come down - in this idle status cpu temp also reduce due to these factors and that's why idle temp is around 28c.

IF you can't spend time on OCing you better not do it - ocing does require a lot of time and a lot of patience but the end result ( if done correctly ) can be very fruitful ;-)

download links ;-)
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools

OP
root.king

root.king

geek in action
when you boot into windows startup apps are launched and for that cpu usage increase and it put heavy load on the cpu for a very short time and pc probe detects the load temp during that time and that's why it's showing you 39c.

After sometime because of cpu power saving features and when other startup apps are loaded the cpu usage comes down to 0-1/2 % and cpu speed and voltage also come down - in this idle status cpu temp also reduce due to these factors and that's why idle temp is around 28c.

IF you can't spend time on OCing you better not do it - ocing does require a lot of time and a lot of patience but the end result ( if done correctly ) can be very fruitful ;-)

download links ;-)
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools

thanx yaar.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Nice links here.
Download cpu temperature meter gadget free

CoreTEMP can show them in the taskbar, with different colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom