Suggestion Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maneel

Broken In
Hey Admin, heres a quick suggestion. Why dont you switch to vBulletin/IPB for digit forum. They're are more customiseable softwares as far as forums are concerned. Also, their are far too many mods available for IPB.

Regards
Maneel

Pankaj Thakur

Right off the assembly line
Here are some suggestions from me:-

Please resume giving Winamp, WMP, Windowblinds,mozilla, opera skins.

Include a section on C/C++, JAVA programming to help students like me.
:shock:

Add a page of jokes culled from net. :D

Start giving two DVDs.

Add brain teasers, puzzles etc. :idea:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
My only suggestion is, pls change the default forum skin to "Subsilver" coz the current skin "DAJ Glass" has bug of the Login box so its not good to hv it as default!

So pls change the default skin to SubSilver till the BUG is FIXED!!!

fahad_th

Broken In
Don`t Demand Just go for it

Why the hell we r demanding any thing on this forum
if the guys at digit r just doing whatever they want
every thing we demand only 10% is Fulfilled
the bigger Demands r Always not Completed
Such As
Suse linux etc

So why the Hell we r wasting our time and energy
working on this form save time use google and get
whatever u want

go to Local Cd walla and get the pirated Copy/or just Download it from net instead of paying for digit if u r looking only for The CD/Dvd Content

Digit Should Consider Giving Only the MAgzine(Without CD/DVD) at a low Price to those who opt for worthful Reading

jamyang312

Journeyman
plleaaseeee
1.decrease ads
2.include software reviews
3.more sophisticated hardware reviews
4.2 dvds
5.more interviews
6.a section of the latest prices of those recommmended by agent001
7.DON'T INCREASE THE PRICE

jamyang312

Journeyman
plleaaseeee
1.decrease ads
2.include software reviews
3.more sophisticated hardware reviews
4.2 dvds
5.more interviews
6.a section of the latest prices of those recommmended by agent001
7.DON'T INCREASE THE PRICE

web_stalker

How about going back to the html format for CD content descriptions instead of flash presentations or atleast provide a txt file describing the CD content as it was some 3-4 years back? I find html more customizable. Since i have a mild eye problem I need this. Thanks for listening.

P B Arun Sarathy

Free for all

In this month's issue, the column "Free for all" was a great one which I found. Please try to make this a regular column (if not present, atleast hereafter) for not only on Business heading, but also for many other topics like Media, Music, Readers, Free printers for making pdf copies (eg. PrimoPDF), etc. This although proved useful by making them available in this month's DVD, what about those who doesn't have a DVD drive? Hence please provide a URL for members in this forum and DIGIT readers of course, so that one could download themselves!

Great work folks!
Thanks to the DIGIT team!

Bruce_Wayne

Broken In
Please add special article on installing linux, for those like me who are absolute novoice for linux.
after all linux is becoming popular & some people want to know abt it & try to install it, but due to unawareness of linux they are unable to do so.
also mention how to install linux if some1 having single OS, & if other having dual OS completely covering HDD(like 1 i am having)

Bruce_Wayne

Broken In
Please add special article on installing linux, for those like me who are absolute novoice for linux.
after all linux is becoming popular & some people want to know abt it & try to install it, but due to unawareness of linux they are unable to do so.
also mention how to install linux if some1 having single OS, & if other having dual OS completely covering HDD(like 1 i am having)

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
k, this is my 1000th post, hope it carries some weight

there was news tht digit would be movin tech bulletin wats goin on tht front

i seriously believe tht there should be a feature where we get to disable all avatars from loading into the page
coz DATA transfer means a lot on these new broadband connections

and i am also in favour of restoring the signatures , i.e. text only stuff

and why dont u folks give RSS links to the forum,
i would love to put them on my blog,
afterall this is the most updated TECH forum in the country !!! :D

and my old demand to get the bazzar section back
and of course my evergreen demand of giving the forum on the CD

i will be out for few months, hope all this will get cleared by the time i return

till then,

BYE BYE DIGIT
i had a grt time here

regards,
VIJAY

*************** Live LIFE KingSize ***************

Darshan Singh

Broken In
I am not a professional. But I want certain things to be done in Digit.
One is that the cover designs of the CD and DVD are not good. In the previous issues i.e. of Oct, Nov and Dec were good enough but in the recent issues the designs are not good.
Secondly i agree with raval_manoj that there sould be a section of programming tutorials.
There is no doubt that this is India's No.1 magazine.

Retro

Journeyman
Maneel said:
Hey Admin, heres a quick suggestion. Why dont you switch to vBulletin/IPB for digit forum. They're are more customiseable softwares as far as forums are concerned. Also, their are far too many mods available for IPB.

Regards
Maneel

IPB and vB Costs a lot! Why don't you graciously buy Digit the license for them?

P.S The dollar conversion rate is quite high!

agnels

Live The Dream!
Instead of asking for less ads, ask for more article pages
Ads give them revenue and keeps the magazine going

One full page of ads cost over Rs 100000/-

Dreamer

Dreaming is THE art...
Suggestions:

Start a forum like graveyard where we can see the old posts and topics. This will help in easing the length and mess of the main pages too.

Give as much ebooks in the DVD/CD possible.

give the latest versions of commonly used apps, the versions in the DVD/CD are mostly 2-3 months old.

Include fast track bimonthly, if not possible monthly.

And most important of them all, please include at least last three issues of the magazine in the CD each month, so as to help the readers who have missed them.

Sykora

I see right through you.
Here's an idea

How about running a feature on some of the more public sites on the internet -- where the average joe can join in. I'm talking sites like :

*del.icio.us
*www.digg.com

Stuff like that. del.icio.us is a really great idea which more people should get to know, and digg is another good concept.

srikanthgss

Broken In
I think you should include a video of the testing process and the various products you review.It would be much nicer seeing the process in action .

or you could give a video tutorial of installing a hardware component or software. :D

I also suggest that the number of ads come down.They are running into pages and pages.

jamyang312

Journeyman
I think that you shud include software reviews more frequently and make your standalone hardware reviews more comprehensive and yeah with all these requests pouring in, please don't increase the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom